Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 3, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #4,863 of 9,690
I tried all the tips, the vocals sound worst on the comply ones which are the most comfortable for me. I hope it's just a breaking in period and maybe it'll sound better after they warm up a bit. Otherwise I might just have to stick with my etymotic hf5. I'm so sad because the soundstage is absolutely amazing on this and blows away any other IEM I had, and all other ranges are amazingly clear, damn.

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #4,864 of 9,690
These aren't the IEM's I'd recommend for pure mid-range vocals. For everything in the higher female and lower male ranges though, it's great. It's just that sweet spot right in the middle where things are a bit distant in the mix. I'm sure it's easy enough to fix with EQ, but it doesn't really bother me that much. 

Then again, I listen to a lot of classical music (or else music with fewer lyrics than most), and these are perfect for that.

Can't wait to get them reshelled. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #4,865 of 9,690

Quote:
How do TF10 compare with FX700's treble, more forward vs TF? And  bass quantity/quality.

The FX700 treble is more extended and more forward. The FX700 still has more bass than the TF10 and its deeper. Timbre on the FX700 is very realistic, king of timbre.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #4,866 of 9,690
Just got my triple fis today. I have to say, I am liking them a lot, but the stock cables suck really bad. Also, I can get a proper fit but they hurt my ears after an hour or two. We'll see if I get used to it, cause I really like this sound signature.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #4,867 of 9,690
I said earlier that these are actually not that bad comfort wise but after wearing them for a while now, they really do start to straight up HURT after a bit.  I end up using some other cheap ass iems b/c they are murdering me.  They sound awesome but I think I'm going to see how much I can get for them and maybe spend that money towards something a little more comfortable.  I don't feel like spending another 100+ for a reshell.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #4,869 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey guys,

Quick question for you guys before I post a thread about it. I really love the Triple.Fis but I'm not a huge fan of the cable (wouldn't say that I hate it, but it could be better), so I was looking to replace them. However, I can't justify spending >$100 on a Null Audio cable considering I paid less for the IEMs themselves.

I was looking to keep my budget at less than $50 and looked for aftermarket cables on eBay. I was wondering if any of you guys have used any of these cables and if so what your thoughts were:

1. Jaben ES8 (can get 2 for $48, but I heard that the construction and weave were only ok)
2. The "Crystal" Cable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crystal-Upgrade-Cable-Ultimate-ears-/270593811024?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3f00a5e250#ht_1062wt_956)
3. This one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FURUTECH-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-triple-fi-10-/220904687152?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item336ef20630#ht_2742wt_1189)

I also know about the Westone cable adjustment, but I'm a bit wary of cutting off a bit of the connector.

Thanks!

I have the ES8 coming hopefully next week, I'll post pictures and impressions here, it looks similar to the stock Unique Melody cable, which I love.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #4,871 of 9,690

Quote:
Yeah ebay still has a lot of people selling the TF10s they got from the Amazon sale and most of them are brand new factory sealed. 

Yeah I bought a pair from ebay yesterday. I can't wait to try them! They'll be my first high-end IEM, except for the X10 which I received yesterday but I'm returning them. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #4,872 of 9,690
I got mine yesterday so far so good with a few gripes, not a fan of the cable at all, dont like the shiny finish, and on the one side where the wire is to bend over your ear looked like it was going to bust out of the cable within the first 10 min of use.

Some IEM's i can use medium silicon tips but large seems to be the way to go with these for me, I tried the Comply tips that came with them and it just made the music sound muffled, but ill have to play around with them cause when i took them out it looked like part of the foam was blocking the tip a little bit like it wasn't going back to its original shape.

Like some others have said the vocals do seem a little recessed, but im coming off of the harsh S4i, other than that they sound very clear and sound great with my E6 (i don't EQ my music i just like to hear it as is, since i listen to a lot of different types of music from classic rock all the way up to electronic). My GF wanted to try them and she never wears headphones or IEM's typically just blasts her music in the car. She played "You make me feel" by Cobra Starship (320kbps) and a couple seconds in she goes WHOA i never heard that slight little eco in the lyrics in the background (and if she wasn't about to go to bed i probably wasn't going to get them back). 

Overall I think i just need to keep listening to them and just get use to the sound, they are def going to still be my go to IEM. Maybe a little ways down the road ill try Monster Gel tips and look at new cables. 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back