Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 25, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #4,441 of 9,690
Anyone here recommend a good replacement cable for the triplefi that I just bought?

I want to see the difference this earphone to a denon d7000.

Also am I going to need to replace anything else on these?

Help would be much appreciated.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #4,442 of 9,690

Quote:
Anyone here recommend a good replacement cable for the triplefi that I just bought?

Contact chris himself, or look on ebay. if I were you I'd PM chris first though.
you might need more comfortable ear tips, depending on the fit.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #4,444 of 9,690
Just saw this deal on amazon and immediately went here for more information. I don't even need new headphones but I am intrigued to buy! Some portables will be nice... last goldbox deal I bought some monster turbines and they were defective with one ear not working so I returned them. What's the difference between X10 and Fi10? Also would these be decent for gaming like just playing Starcraft 2. And how would these compare to my current headphones ultrasones 580? 

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #4,445 of 9,690

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Made-Galaxy-Advanced-Upgrade-Replacement-Silver-Cable-UE-Ultimate-Ears-/320794228397?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4ab0d376ad

There are also some cheaper ones but I'm not sure how they will work with the TF10. I had some good results with my upgraded silver galaxy cable on my IE8.

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #4,446 of 9,690

Quote:
I just woke up (had a rough night haha) to my inbox with a buncha PM's concerning cables and I JUST had to check this thread to see if the deal was live again!

IT'S ALIVE!! (and yes you may take my money now
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #4,449 of 9,690

Quote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Made-Galaxy-Advanced-Upgrade-Replacement-Silver-Cable-UE-Ultimate-Ears-/320794228397?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4ab0d376ad

There are also some cheaper ones but I'm not sure how they will work with the TF10. I had some good results with my upgraded silver galaxy cable on my IE8.

Dude,

That thing is more expensive than what I paid for the triple-fi's.

I suppose I will try and find this chris person once I actually get them to try it first.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #4,450 of 9,690
Deal seems dead?

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #4,452 of 9,690
Been a HF member for almost 9 years.   Have had the best and the worst, customs, etc....SCREW $99!  The TF10 is a STEAL at even $200!!

They are meant to be used with complys period!  The bore is too large to be used with silicone tips.  So once you are over that, comfort and fit is great and very easy to take in and out.

While I have always thought of W3 was my #1 favorite universal (ya don't see IT selling for $99)....
I personally find the TF10 a bit better for all forms of music except rap and hip hop.  Bass is best I have ever hear.  Extension and tecture is amazing.  Treble is as good as anything else I have heard.  Midrange is slightly veiled but I think this was done on purpose to keep the overall presentation smooth.  For reference, vocals sound better with TF10 than W3.  Soundstage (like W3) is huge...it's like wearing headphones.

TF10 combines the greatest combo of bold, fun and exciting while still being fairly neutral and balanced. But if you like forwards mids (Shure, W4) which I don't, you may want to stay away from TF10. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #4,453 of 9,690

Quote:
yea its over now there back to over $200

Seems so. If you click on today's deals it doesn't feature the UEs anymore - only the x10s.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #4,454 of 9,690
So for us EU people, where would be a good place to look for a non-stock replacement cable? Want something durable mainly, and the shipping from America is a bit much for a cable in my eyes (not too prone to buy a $100 silver cable either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back