Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #4,381 of 9,690
I agree ^ I remember these being the rage and now I don't hear about them as much. I had tried them once, found them wicked uncomfortable, otherwise I would have liked a pair myself. If they actually sell for 99 that would be crazy. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #4,382 of 9,690
I see how the SF3,4 and 5 are getting a new housing. Maybe later TF10 would get a good looking housing as well (which would be comfortable too).

Then GG. Back on the game

p.s. I like the new ue designs, but I also like the colour of the TF10. They look so cool before you put them on

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #4,383 of 9,690
I spoke to UE/Logitech last week about the future of TF10.  They said it is still in production with no indications it will go out of production.  Also that there is no triple driver currently in the works that has same design as UE700 etc.

Of course they still could have just been playing dumb and not disclosing anything.  Who knows...

They are really not that uncomfortable IMHO.  Not sure I could wear them all day but a couple hours with complys is fine.  Because they are technically earbuds, they ARE easier to take in and out than a regular IEM.  The silicone tips would always come loose for me.  I'd hate to see it discontinued.  I think it has the best bass among any universal I have ever heard.  It extends VERY deep but has no perceived humps or spikes (like W3).

I actually had more discomfort with SE535.  The connector piece and memory wire irritated my ears.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #4,384 of 9,690
Quote:
I spoke to UE/Logitech last week about the future of TF10.  They said it is still in production with no indications it will go out of production.  Also that there is no triple driver currently in the works that has same design as UE700 etc.

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #4,385 of 9,690

Quote:

Of course they still could have just been playing dumb and not disclosing anything.  Who knows...

They are really not that uncomfortable IMHO.  Not sure I could wear them all day but a couple hours with complys is fine.  Because they are technically earbuds, they ARE easier to take in and out than a regular IEM.  The silicone tips would always come loose for me.  I'd hate to see it discontinued.  I think it has the best bass among any universal I have ever heard.  It extends VERY deep but has no perceived humps or spikes (like W3).

I actually had more discomfort with SE535.  The connector piece and memory wire irritated my ears.

My thoughts exactly, TF10s have the best bass I have heard in universals as well in terms of right amount of body, texture, and impact. It has more punch than slam to it but compared to other BAs I have heard, nothing is close to beating it. 

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #4,386 of 9,690
I'm going to buy one more pair as a backup to my reshells.

I'm tempted to buy two and sell one here at cost (+shipping of course) for the international members.

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #4,387 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm going to buy one more pair as a backup to my reshells.

I'm tempted to buy two and sell one here at cost (+shipping of course) for the international members.

that would be very nice of you.

I'm not sure if getting a backup pair, which would be more like the main pair because my actual was fixed with epoxy, its working perfect tough. so that or a new IEM I havent try yet.

too many phones to try to little money/time

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #4,388 of 9,690
i have UE10s that sound muddy and really off.  i replaced the cables with aftermarket
$100 high end  aftermarket cables and they sound even worse!

i wrote UE about fixing them twice but got no reply from customer service.

any suggestions for salvaging these "beauties"??  thanks, drbluenewmexico

ps my NuForce 700 sound 700 times as good, so something must be wrong with the UE 10s

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #4,389 of 9,690
Check the wax filter. They accumulate wax very easily and if you don't clean it routinely, there is a good chance some wax might have clogged the sound tubes.

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #4,390 of 9,690
Hi. I have two course right now. One of my friend selling his 2 weeks old  AT ck10 phones and another is selling tf10 bellow 100  bucks compared to ck10's. I used phonak pfe before and love it. And my main rig is Audio-GD NFB10 + AKG K702 balanced with mogami cable. You can imagine I like natural, open and balanced sound. Midbass hump is a torture for me. But I will actualy use this iem for daily trip to my job by an android phone (don't burn me please). The point is, this iem will use for enjoying, not critical listening. Is tf10 suits my taste of accuracy and transparency with this condition or I have to go ck10 direction with a larger cost?

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #4,391 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi. I have two course right now. One of my friend selling his 2 weeks old  AT ck10 phones and another is selling tf10 bellow 100  bucks compared to ck10's. I used phonak pfe before and love it. And my main rig is Audio-GD NFB10 + AKG K702 balanced with mogami cable. You can imagine I like natural, open and balanced sound. Midbass hump is a torture for me. But I will actualy use this iem for daily trip to my job by an android phone (don't burn me please). The point is, this iem will use for enjoying, not critical listening. Is tf10 suits my taste of accuracy and transparency with this condition or I have to go ck10 direction with a larger cost?

Pure enjoyance mate, it's definitely not for critical listening.

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #4,392 of 9,690
Thanks for the quick reply @nickp

Is tf10 a power hungry earphone? Because android phones are not power beasts as you can imagine. I read ck10's are very efficient phones in this situation but tf10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back