Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #4,156 of 9,690
I've finally received the FURUTECH cable, but i can't test them until friday. I hope i can finally wear these TF10 over and that the sound quality improves a bit. I will post pictures and review on saturday :)

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #4,157 of 9,690
Quote:
How are the triples compared to the Super Fi 5 Pro's?

I A/B'ed them a week or so ago, but can't seem to find the post in which I mentioned the differences. In short, the SF5's entire signature is a bit more forward, and overall, well balanced, as compared to the TF10's v-shaped signature. Other than the 5 PRO's slightly more forward, balanced sound, the TF10 improves on just about every other technical standpoint. Going back and forth between the two, the most noticeable differences straight away are the TF10's comparatively wider soundstage, the SuperFi 5 PRO's midrange, which is more forward in comparison, and the TF10's overall better high and low end extension. The two are still on the warm, musical end. At first, I was quite drawn towards the 5 PRO's balanced signature, but ended up preferring the TF10 10 out of 10 times, especially after switching the cable polarities, as has been discussed in previous posts. 
smile.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #4,158 of 9,690
Wow, thanks for pointing that out you guys, I contacted Logitech and I was very pleased with them confirming the 2 year warranty.  They are going to send me brand new replacement triple fi 10's as soon as they get my old ones, awesome.  Logitech is the Sh1t as long as they don't try to say it was my fault they were damaged.

Quote:
This the actual official warranty. Since owned by logitech, their warranty policy of 2 years applies to the TF10s, I know it still states that on the UE website it's 1 year.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #4,159 of 9,690

I'm glad Logitech has good service.
Quote:
Wow, thanks for pointing that out you guys, I contacted Logitech and I was very pleased with them confirming the 2 year warranty.  They are going to send me brand new replacement triple fi 10's as soon as they get my old ones, awesome.  Logitech is the Sh1t as long as they don't try to say it was my fault they were damaged.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #4,160 of 9,690

Quote:
I've finally received the FURUTECH cable, but i can't test them until friday. I hope i can finally wear these TF10 over and that the sound quality improves a bit. I will post pictures and review on saturday :)

I'll be looking forward to your review!

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #4,161 of 9,690

Quote:

Yeah dude you really need to get yours back! The anticipation must be killing you!

I broke my TF10's in the same manner, mine were from that legendary 99 dollar sale on Amazon 2 years ago and they were out of service, what they did was give me a 50% off voucher for anything in the store, bought a UE700 with the money, got my TF10's reshelled.

Unforunately the UE700 was DOA, but whatever haha

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #4,162 of 9,690
Man, the warranty is 2 years? I got mine back during the Amazon BF 2009 sale so I could have gotten my cable replacement without paying.
frown.gif

Oh well, I'm sure the cable will give out again eventually.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #4,163 of 9,690

let me get this right, the UE cables can be replaced within two years? the memory wires usually break well within a year.. so with my new tf10, I don't have to worry about it??

Quote:
Man, the warranty is 2 years? I got mine back during the Amazon BF 2009 sale so I could have gotten my cable replacement without paying.
frown.gif

Oh well, I'm sure the cable will give out again eventually.
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #4,165 of 9,690
My TF10 are back from the grave, second time, and no noticeable change in SQ. I missed them, I even miss how my ears feel relief and get warm when I take them out after 1 hours of glorious listening.

2b48a236_100_1274.jpeg

UE triple.fi 10

all hail epoxy.

Sep 29, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #4,166 of 9,690

Quote:
let me get this right, the UE cables can be replaced within two years? the memory wires usually break well within a year.. so with my new tf10, I don't have to worry about it??

Yes, BUT the pain is they will ask to take your whole TF10 back and you WILL be without them for a week or two. BUT in an exemplary case of inefficiency, they don't replace your cable, they send you a whole NEW retail TF10! Which is great if you like new stuff fresh from a box, but it offends me in the waste of it all.

In my case I got very lucky and they sent out the new box WITHOUT making me send the old ones back, so in effect, I had a new spare pair of TF10s, which was awesome. But I did pay full retail for them and bought them direct from logitech. Still, I sold the new boxed ones which reduced what I paid for my TF10s which I kept after ordering a spare official cable online. Sometimes it's great when stuff like this happens, otherwise a perfectly good pair of TF10s would have probably gone in the bin once it was sent back.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #4,167 of 9,690

Quote:

Yes, BUT the pain is they will ask to take your whole TF10 back and you WILL be without them for a week or two. BUT in an exemplary case of inefficiency, they don't replace your cable, they send you a whole NEW retail TF10! Which is great if you like new stuff fresh from a box, but it offends me in the waste of it all.

In my case I got very lucky and they sent out the new box WITHOUT making me send the old ones back, so in effect, I had a new spare pair of TF10s, which was awesome. But I did pay full retail for them and bought them direct from logitech. Still, I sold the new boxed ones which reduced what I paid for my TF10s which I kept after ordering a spare official cable online. Sometimes it's great when stuff like this happens, otherwise a perfectly good pair of TF10s would have probably gone in the bin once it was sent back. 

Interesting. I experienced a cable failure a few months ago (before I sold my TF10s), and I just called Logitech, provided the serial number on the cable plug, and they shipped me a new cable no questions asked.

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #4,169 of 9,690
^ Ditto, I just got myn roughly a week ago.

I've been wearing them all day everyday at work which = roughly six hours a day... They are pure awesome!

I got the base furutech cable from sunricky and really like it. Although i didnt like the curved cable part since i run them flip flop, cable running down. I tried to run them over the ear like they were designed but my ears didnt work with the curve that was in the sunricky cable. So i cut the shrink curve off and am running them straight down, this way the cable is awesome! it is a bit microphonic when touched but other than that the sound is really nice compared to the blocky feel i got from the stock cable, nice and smooth and a bit more balanced but still a scoche mid recessed. Bass is outstanding from these monitors, clear, punchy, tactile. The sunricky cable is nice and light and doesnt pull the monitor out by just moving haha, i love that. I would almost rather listen to the tf10 than my 880 and thunderpant! I think it's just because they are such a fun energetic monitor.

I know for a fact that im running them in the correct polarity as well, I measured with my multimeter...

27$ for the base cable from sunricky on ebay is totally worth it IMO. I am running the tf10 out of my e11 and really love the warmth out of the e11 on the tf10 and adjustable bass for different genre's. Also they sound so great out of almost every source since theyre so sensitive (107 sensitivity )

I hope this post was helpful and not too scattered...

Cheers fellow TF10 lovers!

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back