Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #4,141 of 9,690
So got my set back from fisherhearing a while back but only just now learning how to fit them correctly.  Still think they need a minor refit but when I do occasionally get a seal these sound great with rock and metal. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4,143 of 9,690
Congratz! Now happy listening :)

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #4,144 of 9,690

Quote:
So got my set back from fisherhearing a while back but only just now learning how to fit them correctly.  Still think they need a minor refit but when I do occasionally get a seal these sound great with rock and metal. 

You're "yawning" before you put them in right? I just yawn and wiggle them side to side and it's an airtight seal... I wish I asked for the "open" vent though, it almost seals TOO well to the point where I get paranoid that people are trying to talk me with them on

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #4,145 of 9,690
Has anyone tried or would recommend these upgrade cables from ebay? They're very pricey, but if they'll last and comfortable, I will consider them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Cable-Ultimate-UE-Ears-Triple-fi-5-Pro-10-Pro-b-/280626794704?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4156a910d0

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #4,146 of 9,690
hell,

my right nozzle snapped the **** out of the ******* housing. hopefully I can fix it same as I did the left one, with liquid epoxy. will take picts this time, just because.

Right nozzle looks strong after 2 months(?) after the operation. epoxy is the ****.

what's the date fo the black friday? hope amazon have this up again for $100.

sincerelly

a pissed TF10 fanboi.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #4,147 of 9,690

Quote:
You're "yawning" before you put them in right? I just yawn and wiggle them side to side and it's an airtight seal... I wish I asked for the "open" vent though, it almost seals TOO well to the point where I get paranoid that people are trying to talk me with them on

Little more complicated than that.  Convinced I need a minor refit.  Both sets are now going in but the left isn't sealing (it's fairly obvious from the sound and lack of isolation) and the right although does seal better than the left is quite uncomfortable after an hour or so wearing them.  The other two iems that I had done have similar problems.  Seeing the audiologist on friday so hopefully a few minor alterations and be good to go :)

Sep 26, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #4,148 of 9,690

Quote:
hell,

my right nozzle snapped the **** out of the ******* housing. hopefully I can fix it same as I did the left one, with liquid epoxy. will take picts this time, just because.

Right nozzle looks strong after 2 months(?) after the operation. epoxy is the ****.

what's the date fo the black friday? hope amazon have this up again for $100.

sincerelly

a pissed TF10 fanboi.

Why not get a reshell done?

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #4,150 of 9,690
Funny. Anyone got theirs in a blue box? The one with seal and some other singers on it. Pretty sure it's a later version, but what's funny is I've got 2 years warranty printed on the box

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4,151 of 9,690
does anyone know the best way to open the shell, I was trying to change out the cable to Chris_Himself's cable when the stupid plastic thing on the inside where the stock cable plugs in pulled out of the shell and then pulled out one of the two wires going to the driver, so it needs to be resoldered but I need to open the shell first.

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #4,152 of 9,690
^ break the nozzle. jk.

The inner housing holding the drivers in position is made of a soft rubber, that is where I applied the epoxy, and also in the edges of the blue plastic.
Its been 5 hours since I applied epoxy and left it in some clamps to maintain pressure. last time it worked.

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #4,153 of 9,690

So this is what I am currently dealing with.  What are the best ways to open up the shell to be able to solder the other wire back inside, seems like it is not going to be hard to solder them back to the connector that goes there so I can then plug in the new cables but the hard part is reconnecting the other wire back inside the shell.

This sucks as well since I feel like that piece of crap plastic thing should have never come out to begin with, What.  and I just bought upgraded cables that I spent more on than what I paid for these freaking things.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #4,154 of 9,690

Quote:
Funny. Anyone got theirs in a blue box? The one with seal and some other singers on it. Pretty sure it's a later version, but what's funny is I've got 2 years warranty printed on the box

This the actual official warranty. Since owned by logitech, their warranty policy of 2 years applies to the TF10s, I know it still states that on the UE website it's 1 year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back