Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 24, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #3,871 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi just a quick question here, I got my TF10 couple of days ago, however I came across with an issue where when i insert the phones into my ears I heard a cracking sound or something like buzzing sound not sure what causes this but it does not affect the sound quality what so ever. Just want to ask is this normal for TF10, due to air suction in our ear that causes this kind of buzz? Thanks.

Not sure why but oddly with TFPro and the silicone tips, I notice when inserting and adjusting and the with the silicone rubbing against your ear canal, it really sounds like distortion.  Not sure if this is the condition you are hearing or not.

Jul 24, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #3,873 of 9,690
Have been using my TF10's during this deployment and they have held up to some abuse.

-135+ Degrees during the afternoon in a cargo pocket
-Some gym use
-Shock/pressure from running/crawling with the case in cargo pocket
-Intense noise/vibration from being on the flight line with jets taking off/doing static burns.

4 Months in and they still look/sound amazing, Just ordered a new cable from Chris, and decided to buy something more disposable in my mind Sennheiser CX300II's The TF10's are now sitting safely in my backpack :p

Setup is just Ipod Touch->TF10's
I Listen to mostly Trance, Dubstep, Metal, Alternative "Vocal" Like Mumford and Sons/Dustin Kensrue 

Changing stations from Germany to Florida in Jan and can not wait to get set up in FL and start some home style audio "Desktop Amps and whatnot" but my TF10's will always be charished as my go to IEM's/Portable I don't see myself trying to go up from them.

Much Love
-Andy

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #3,875 of 9,690
Andrew thank you for your service and I hope the TF.10s continue to please you! They're some of my favorite IEM's these days

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #3,876 of 9,690
Recomend me a set of tips please.

stock tips:
the small ones where too small and the got loose when wearing them.
the medium where too big.

Im using some medium clear tips, that I dont remember where did i got them from, might have been from some Altec blackbeat IEMs they fit OK bit but just a bit too tight.

I have a bunch of tips from other IEMs but cant get a comfortable seal with any.
I am yet to try the sony hybrids, which I have in a friends house.

and the stock foamies wear down too fast.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #3,878 of 9,690

In a moment of madness, I shoehorned the triple-flange fittings from my old E3Cs onto my TF10s. It's obviously not an ideal arrangement by any means, but the improvement is easily audible, especially in the bass. Anyone know where I can get these in TF10 size?

Quote:
Have been using my TF10's during this deployment and they have held up to some abuse.

The TF10s are fairly notable in that they're the only IEMs you can use on a daily basis without worrying about damaging them. As far as I can tell, it's almost impossible.

Quote:
JamesMcProgger, try Sony Hybrids, fake Sony Hybrids (they are little better), tips from Brainwavz M2, tips from Brainwavz beta, Re0.

Do you know where I can get these without buying the headphones in question?

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #3,879 of 9,690
Jul 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #3,880 of 9,690

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=sony+hybrids&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301
http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-Earbuds-SONY-MDR-EX700-EX300-Headphone-/250859707926?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a68675e16
http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-Earbud-Sony-MDR-EX33LP-EX700SP-EX500LP-/180440333994?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item2a0314feaa
Also clear meelectronics tips (from meelec.com)

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #3,881 of 9,690

Quote:
Recomend me a set of tips please.

I've had good luck with the Monster tips.  They fit TF-10 and provide the best comfort/isloation for me.  Be forewarned that the sizing is different between stock silicone and the gel Supertips.  The medium stock silicone and small Supertip fit me best.  I get slightly better isolation with the stock silicone, but they take a bit too much shine off the treble for me when compared to the Supertips.  If you go with the stock silicone, be sure to get the real ones (maybe in a trade from the F/S or F/T forum) because the fake ones from eBay and Amazon aren't as good.  The fakes aren't as round.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3,885 of 9,690
No it's wearing them upside down instead of overtheear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back