Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #3,437 of 9,690
Hello

im a newbie, how would this earphone be different from headphones such as AD700 or HD595 ? i already have sennheiser PC 360 and will return it

i use them mainly for movies , so i dont know do they make a difference

Logitech UE 600 and UE 700 are other choices

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #3,440 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm looking at these:

https://www.westone.com/catalog/elite-series-monitor-replacement-cables

Will they work with Triple.fi 10 Pro's?

-J

You could also consider the Jaben cables, they're very similar to the westone cables.

Also, Jaben's customer service is absolutely amazing, I would most likely do business with them again if possible.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #3,443 of 9,690
Jan 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #3,446 of 9,690
I got a set of TripleFi 10's off of craigslist this past Thursday and I am blown away by their sound quality. I researched quite a bit, and most of my research pointed me to these forums and by looking through the files here, it seemed to me that these headphones are pretty much the best bang for the buck (about $100) out there.

My previous, good high quality, headphones were the Etymotic ER6i which I bought in HK back in '05(?). They recently started to short out at the base of the cable from repeated gym use, so I deemed a replacement set was necessary. I also have the B&O headset which produces great sound quality but no bass and aren't the most comfortable around. 

But these TripleFi's are amazing, probably a bit too good for my library, because it seems that I have a lot of music that wasn't encoded in lossless and I can hear the distortion that would otherwise not be audible in lower quality headphones. But all in all, my music sounds completely different, tracks like "Empire State of Mind" just sound like 2 different songs when comparing the TripleFi's with my old ER6's let alone stock iPhone buds.

I do have some issues with the silicone tips, for some reason I can't get a long lasting seal on the left side, but the memory foam ones work perfect, and I ordered some extra Tx-500's.

Oh yeah, and I got a set of SuperFi 4vi for the gym so I don't break my good headphones. $25 on eBay, they may be knockoffs, but I doubt it because they sound quite good. At that price for iPhone compatible sound isolating headphones, I may pick up a couple more sets.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #3,449 of 9,690
i am currently looking for a replacement cable with mic to use with my iphone. i want to be able to play/pause,change songs without taking out my iphone and hopefully able to use voice control.
is there any other alternative other than 10vi cable?
i find it a bit stiff and memory wire gets annoying occasionally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back