Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #3,406 of 9,690

Quote:
Back in the day, the Triple Fis actually came with bi-flanges similar to those.  I wonder why UE/Logitech stopped packing them as I'll take those over Complys any day.

You could also try these which I believe use a softer silicone material.

Thanks, i ordered those cause their cheap as. Even if they dont work for the TF10's im sure they will work for others. Too bad its only one size?

Quote:
I also prefer the UE bi-flanges over the comply tips, but I don't think many people use them because of comfort. The comply tips are a lot more comfortable and easier to use.

Quote:
Quote:
Back in the day, the Triple Fis actually came with bi-flanges similar to those.  I wonder why UE/Logitech stopped packing them as I'll take those over Complys any day.

Can you still get them?

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #3,407 of 9,690

These just rock, i had the chance to use them over the holiday weekend and i was in love, unfortunately i had to give it back to my brother when he left but i did get a pair of q-jays as a gift. I have listened to other ba earphones before but none really hit lows, mids and highs as nicely as the tf10. The q-jays don't really match the full awesomeness of the tf10 but they'll do till i can save up more money.

Awesome, glad you like them man, they really are great headphones. I felt the same way when I got mine; great detail, bass, and an adequate soundstage.

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #3,409 of 9,690
ok so i tried (my right earcanal is larger than the left one, so i thought custom is the only way to go)

first i wanted to use only half of the mixture ( so 1/4 of each color for one ear) to save for another try if this one would fail
Then i realized there wasnt enough compound and i panicked i ran to make the other half, and get out what was in my ear.At this time i was scared because the mixture was pretty deep in the tf10, and i didnt put a cover (someone said that the inner air pressure will prevent the paste from going to deep)
Now everything in place, i waited 15-20 minutes (those were pretty long) with the jaw closed and swallowing. Also i had hair stuck on the mold
biggrin.gif
man it seemed easy in the video !

Finally i pulled it out of my ears, it came out without problem, the earphone too was easy to separe from the mold and there was no residue left inside the canal (or in my ear or my hair :O)  so i was already glad i didnt screw up my iem.

I tested them, although i pretty much failed the ear plug ( the earphone canal is not facing my ear canal, and the seal is missed too
biggrin.gif
)
the song was totally amazing compared to the triple flange, which are the only option i have if i want to use the tf10, i can't use anything else (except the biflange). So yeah the song was outstanding, now it really sounded like a 400$ iem., whereas before i was kind of disapointed by the tf10 because i couldnt find a good fit. I won't keep those failed shells but at least now i think im going to reshell and see an audiologist, overall i found the diy kit was hard to do correctly and it is not cheap enough  for me to try twice ( i paid 17$ on ebay) on that kind of thing.Now I really love my tf10 and look at them differentely
redface.gif
since ive heard how they could sound

Since i leave in France where should i get the tf10 remolded : UM, fischer, ACS ? does anybody know a good audioprothesist near paris or how i can find one ?

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #3,410 of 9,690
I am sitting here right now listening to my TF10's fitted with ACS custom tips, via my FiiO E7 as a DAC from my Mac, and with properly sealing custom tips, I can safely say that the TF10's don't need extra drivers adding. I love the low end from these IEM's, and as a live sound engineer of many years, I can say I am a bit of a sub junkie, and once the custom tips seal properly, the low end is crisp, tight and deep.
I can seriously recommend the FiiO E7 for driving the TF10's to get the full potential from them for not a lot of money!

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #3,412 of 9,690
UE had two versions of the double flange.The original ones were rubbery, which were later replaced by silicon ones. I actually prefer the silicon ones in terms of sound quality because they extended the highs, but they have been discontinued and I can't find replacement for them.

I bought a bunch on Ebay (item number 370289447824) tips and these sound good and seem to have excellent sounstage. You may also try the MEelectronics M9 balanced double flange tips. I am not too much of a fan of these because they are a little too dark.

George
Quote:
Quote:

You could also try these which I believe use a softer silicone material.

Thanks, i ordered those cause their cheap as. Even if they dont work for the TF10's im sure they will work for others. Too bad its only one size?

Quote:
I also prefer the UE bi-flanges over the comply tips, but I don't think many people use them because of comfort. The comply tips are a lot more comfortable and easier to use.

Quote:
Quote:

Can you still get them?

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #3,413 of 9,690
Man... I sent my null replacement cables in for repair since early November! And the only response I got out of them was that they received it. I've sent them multiple emails regarding an ETA for a return but I've haven't gotten a response yet. Does anyone know how long repair usually takes?

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #3,416 of 9,690
would these work for rock music and metal and a little hip hop ? also what would be a good cable to replace when the stock gose out? i heard the westone cable would be the best cheapeast replacement 

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #3,417 of 9,690
^ These IEMs are great for those genres. Back when I had mine I almost solely listened to those genres and I loved the sound I was getting with those. They have fast, punchy bass and a nice, airy sound that goes great with those genres. Little EQ is required but they act very well to the EQ.

Dec 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #3,419 of 9,690
Oh iPod presets? I liked using the hip hop and RnB settings; bass boost and treble boost both added too much and distorted or made the sound too bright, respectively.

But it varies from person to person, just pick a song you like and change them, the sound changes as soon as you pick it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back