Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #3,391 of 9,690
These just rock, i had the chance to use them over the holiday weekend and i was in love, unfortunately i had to give it back to my brother when he left but i did get a pair of q-jays as a gift. I have listened to other ba earphones before but none really hit lows, mids and highs as nicely as the tf10. The q-jays don't really match the full awesomeness of the tf10 but they'll do till i can save up more money.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #3,392 of 9,690
Mine showed up today after amazon told me they were delayed until mid January and gave me a $10 dollar gift card.  Already used the gift card towards my FiiO e9 purchase.  

Anyways, I lucked out and the tips that came on the tf10's give me the perfect seal and are comfortable.  I was pretty worried that I was going to have comfort/seal issues.  The sound signature takes a little getting used.  The mids seem kinda nasal depending on placement, and the bass can get overpowering if I angle them certain ways.  Guess a little tweaking to how I wear them is in order.

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #3,393 of 9,690
Hi guys/gals! 

I need some advice, i have the tf10 pros and i love them, they are amazing, the detail, impact, all around very impressed with the phones. But i do need some advice, i need to find better ear tips, because the ones that came with the IEMs tend to slip out while working out, jogging and such... any of you have great recommendations? 

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #3,394 of 9,690
those using sony hybrids on TF10 , do you push the tips all the way into the stem ?

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #3,396 of 9,690
ahhh thank god they come in L shaped connectors, Ive had such bad experience with UE's straight connectors, I read on a forum that the cables were "glued" instead of soldered hence would always short out easily on the base.

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #3,397 of 9,690

Quote:
Quote:
those using sony hybrids on TF10 , do you push the tips all the way into the stem ?

What do you mean by all the way down?  I have them down far enough to cover the stem, but not crushed down so that the tips lose all flexibility.

right now i pushed down till the outer rim of the stem.
but i wonder if it is necessary to push further down to cover the entire stem.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #3,398 of 9,690
I found the Sony Hybrid tips were too small for the TF10's. They fit into the stem but it covers part of the output hole. Plus my ears never had much luck with Hybrids for some reason, they just slip out so easily.

Luckily, the comply tips and the standard medium tips were a good fit for me.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #3,399 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you mean by all the way down?  I have them down far enough to cover the stem, but not crushed down so that the tips lose all flexibility.

right now i pushed down till the outer rim of the stem.
but i wonder if it is necessary to push further down to cover the entire stem.

I have pushed all the way down the stem. It's a pretty snug fit

Dec 28, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #3,401 of 9,690
Interesting tips, I wonder if the bore is wide enough for some wide bore dynamics...

Otherwise, the Meelec biflanges work well, specially the "balanced" ones. 

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #3,403 of 9,690
Quote:
Interesting tips, I wonder if the bore is wide enough for some wide bore dynamics...

Otherwise, the Meelec biflanges work well, specially the "balanced" ones. 

Back in the day, the Triple Fis actually came with bi-flanges similar to those.  I wonder why UE/Logitech stopped packing them as I'll take those over Complys any day.

You could also try these which I believe use a softer silicone material.

Dec 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #3,404 of 9,690
I also prefer the UE bi-flanges over the comply tips, but I don't think many people use them because of comfort. The comply tips are a lot more comfortable and easier to use.

Quote:
Quote:
Back in the day, the Triple Fis actually came with bi-flanges similar to those.  I wonder why UE/Logitech stopped packing them as I'll take those over Complys any day.

You could also try these which I believe use a softer silicone material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back