Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #3,376 of 9,690
i use the shure black flex sleeves on my tf10. IMHO the best tips ive used. i dint like the foams (i.e. olives) because they affect the sound. ive also tried the sony hybrids, but the material is thinner ( sometimes, i get folds in the sleves when wearing them resulting into bad seal) than the shure flex, thats why i like the flex better. I wanna try the monster supergel tips though. I think they may yield good result as the space between the tube and flanges of the sleeve is filled with a gel like material

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #3,380 of 9,690
I got an email from amazon saying that my triple.fi 10's had finally shipped.  The next day I got an email saying that they are delayed until mid january now...  

At least they gave me a $10 gift card to use as compensation.  

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #3,384 of 9,690
the amazon units come in a black box, with some words about ministry of music or something like that. Logitech's one come in some silvery chromish rectangular box which the back part shows off the casing and accesories. That being said, the only differences between packages is the logitech version has a few extra tips, such as the double flange and sponge tip, while the ue 1 has an extra extentsion cable.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #3,385 of 9,690
Actually, I bought a pair of TF10's from both Amazon and from Logitech last year when they had the deal at the same time and I wasn't sure both sites were going to continue honoring the price.  Ended up having both sites ship a pair of TF10's to me.  Both shipped me TF10's in the blue/silvery chromish packaging, and not the black packaging that references the ministry of music. 

I think the silvery packaging is the newer one, and Amazon will ship out either version, depending on what they get in stock. 

Quote:
the amazon units come in a black box, with some words about ministry of music or something like that. Logitech's one come in some silvery chromish rectangular box which the back part shows off the casing and accesories. That being said, the only differences between packages is the logitech version has a few extra tips, such as the double flange and sponge tip, while the ue 1 has an extra extentsion cable.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #3,386 of 9,690

Quote:
Can anyone confirm for me that the ones that have come from amazon are L shaped plugs? thanks.

MIne shipped with an L-plug. I'm guessing it's a new revision.

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #3,387 of 9,690
I ordered from amazon recently and got the black box version. It comes with right angle plugs for the earphones, extender and attenuator. You get the straight plugs with the logitech box version as far as i know.

Here are some unboxing pics:

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #3,388 of 9,690

Quote:
I ordered from amazon recently and got the black box version. It comes with right angle plugs for the earphones, extender and attenuator. You get the straight plugs with the logitech box version as far as i know.

Here are some unboxing pics:

Same here. Black box with everything inside L shaped cord

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #3,389 of 9,690
Is the cable one piece or two? When I had the TF10 I had the plug connecting to the housing terminate in a small straight plug and then a short extension cable which terminated into a right angle plug.

Before that it was both in right angles iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back