Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #3,348 of 9,690

Quote:

the video is on youtube    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8
its pretty easy to do, crappy iphone pic

Woah! I just bought jh5's b/c I couldn't stand the fit of the triple.fi, but this mod looks brilliant! Final product is not as sleek as a custom molded IEM, but for a secure, comfy, snug fit, I bet it can't be topped. Almost makes me wish I had tried before I ordered custom.

A while back there was a thread by a head-fi'er who tried to make his own custom tips by DIY'ing the normal route (impressions > outer mold of impression [in a shot glass] > silicon/acrylic into the outer mold > drill and fit), but cutting out all the middle steps (impressions > drill and fit) reduces possibility for human error, and cost if you screw up. 

biscut, have you had any problems with dirt sticking to the mold or damage in transport? When you sleep in 'em is it comfortable to lay on your side? Before, no matter what tips / configuration I had, laying on my side with tf10 was like daggers into my head.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #3,349 of 9,690
i haven't had any problems with dirt or ear wax , you can just wash them when cured, it has the texture of silicone tips  so its forgiving on the ears. i just wash them with soap and dry with a paper towel. they are really durable 
i sleep on my side and don't have problems with them digging in. My ear canal is big, the large tips that came with them worked but would irritate my ears. 
the only damage the have is where the mold is thin  from inserting in and pulling them out, other then that really tuff

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #3,354 of 9,690
Okay this is totally off topic but since everyone who's just posted recently here have got their tf10s from amazon I thought I'd ask you guys.

I ordered 2 along with my bro, both shipments said they've been delivered but my friend hasn't received them or any notification, is this a booboo on their behalf or did 1 of my friends neighbours decide to nick it once they'd left it somewhere in the porch or w.e?

and what can I do ? apart from contacting USPS i.e. does amazon put insurance on their deliveries?

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #3,355 of 9,690

Quote:
How does the sound compare to the RE0? Just wondering what to expect if I were to upgrade.

It's a taste thing.  I think that they have a better soundstage and much more detail than the RE0s,  But they've got a more bass, are an overall "warmer" iem.

People seem to have problems with the fit and the cables they come with.  You can replace the cables. The build is light years past the RE0, and I type this as someone who's listening to her RE0s right now.

My opinion after having the TF10s for a weekend and the RE0s for a month, the TF10 will probably be my reference iem until I go to customs.  They're that good imo.

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #3,357 of 9,690

Quote:
Hm. Thanks. I love my RE0's. Is it worth 250$ now or should I get an amp first? Something like an E7?

As you can tell by my join date, I haven't really been around here that long. I'm still agnostic about amplifiers.

From what I've read, if you're itching for an upgrade and you like the RE0 sound signature, your best bet might be the Fischer DBA-02.  Take  a look at those threads. It's praised for its neutrality and will be less of a hit to your wallet than the tf10.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #3,358 of 9,690
Are you sure USPS delivered them? If so, you maybe SOL. Double check, because UPS will tell you exactly where and when they left them.

Quote:
Okay this is totally off topic but since everyone who's just posted recently here have got their tf10s from amazon I thought I'd ask you guys.

I ordered 2 along with my bro, both shipments said they've been delivered but my friend hasn't received them or any notification, is this a booboo on their behalf or did 1 of my friends neighbours decide to nick it once they'd left it somewhere in the porch or w.e?

and what can I do ? apart from contacting USPS i.e. does amazon put insurance on their deliveries?

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #3,359 of 9,690
Amazon will replace your shipment if it gets lost. I called them before when I did not see my item in spite of the fact that USPS showed that it had been delivered. Amazon gave me no trouble and did not try to question me. I really appreciate that no hassle attitude.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #3,360 of 9,690

Hi guys! I'm new to the forums!

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if there's an existing problem with the UE triplefi 10's connection to the iphone 2G? I recently sold a pair to a buyer who had trouble with connecting it to his iphone 2G. I posted a thread here seeking solutions to the problem. Hope you guys can help me out. Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back