Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #3,272 of 9,690

Quote:
what are the olives everyone is talking about, iv been using the large silicone tips and after about 1 hour of having them in my ears hurt
the complies that come with the 10's are to small 

The olives are Shures version of the foam tips. They have to be modded to fit on the triple fi's though

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #3,273 of 9,690
Modded as in spending 1 min to pluck out the stem from the tips~

Oct 13, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #3,274 of 9,690
Well, I bought some large Comply T500's and they are awful. They seem to be large in the wrong direction, as they are longer rather than fatter, and don't seem to go on or off the triplefi's easily at all. What a waste of money.

Anyway, I have ordered some ACS custom sleeves, so will post up once the process is done and I have my sleeves!

Oct 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #3,275 of 9,690
I got some comply tx-500's too. The are longer that I expected but when you squeeze them if you sort of push the tips backwards the end up being sealing perfectly and being very confortable (for me anyway).

I'm still tempted to try ACS for custom tips, Can't wait to see how yours turn out Soundmangt4, Can you take pics of them in your ears so we can see how much more they protrude? 

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #3,276 of 9,690
Yes, I will do. I will probably put up a full review in, including pics etc and my impression of the whole product. What could be very interesting is my colleague in my office is getting some ACS sleeves for hiw Westone Um3's at the same time, so we can compare the whole service and how much they protrude!
etysmile.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #3,277 of 9,690
In case anyone is wondering, I just got my replacement pair of TF10s today. They seem to be in working order, and the turnaround time was faster than I expected(they came in a bit more than a week from dropping it off at a UPS store, I was told it'd take two).

Of course, I've been shopping for a possible replacement case since before then, and now with the case back I can do a comparison. Currently stuck between a Pelican 1010 and an Otterbox 1000 atm. The former seems to be a bit large for a pockets, the latter seems to be still a bit too small to give my IEMs some breathing room.

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #3,278 of 9,690

Quote:
In case anyone is wondering, I just got my replacement pair of TF10s today. They seem to be in working order, and the turnaround time was faster than I expected(they came in a bit more than a week from dropping it off at a UPS store, I was told it'd take two).

Of course, I've been shopping for a possible replacement case since before then, and now with the case back I can do a comparison. Currently stuck between a Pelican 1010 and an Otterbox 1000 atm. The former seems to be a bit large for a pockets, the latter seems to be still a bit too small to give my IEMs some breathing room.

Why not just use the original? I mean how much stress are you putting on it? I just used the stock and it kept mine in mint condition; they were only in there when in my pocket or on my desk.

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #3,279 of 9,690
Can anyone post pics of their Triple Fi 10 with the custom cable from Ultimate Ears? I really want to get one of those if they are not stiff like the regular ones, it pisses me off how stiff they are and how easy they get strangled.

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #3,280 of 9,690

Quote:
Why not just use the original? I mean how much stress are you putting on it? I just used the stock and it kept mine in mint condition; they were only in there when in my pocket or on my desk.

The case always seemed to be very cramped for the Triple fis, and I'm quite convinced that lead to enough wear and tear on the cable that they stopped working after a while. Then again, I tend to be quite rough on my cables...

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #3,282 of 9,690

The case always seemed to be very cramped for the Triple fis, and I'm quite convinced that lead to enough wear and tear on the cable that they stopped working after a while. Then again, I tend to be quite rough on my cables...

Ah , ok. I wasn't aware that you weren't getting enough room; I always thought it was just for protection sake.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #3,283 of 9,690

Quote:

I liked the case when I had them and it was quite nice. If you are interested in letting it go send me a PM
smily_headphones1.gif
I used a pelican 1010 for my custom with some foam added in as well and it does protect your investment but it's more of a throw in your bag case than one that you can put in your pocket.

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #3,284 of 9,690
Any suggestion on getting the Comply 400 or 500? the current comply that came with it weren't very durable and are very ripped up. The other tips that came with the triplefi 10 are awful and uncomfortable
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #3,285 of 9,690
I thought the number just meant tube size that correlated with the various tubes on iems? But they're all pretty soft from what I have seen, I like the black olives more because they're a little stiffer and tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back