Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 5, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #3,183 of 9,690
Finally ordered my cable and its from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Upgrade-Cable-Ultimate-UE-Ears-Triple-fi-5-Pro-10-Pro-b-/280542397161?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4151a142e9

This guy promised to upgrade my cable to 7N purity OFC silver plated copper wire with yarbo 3.5 gold plated jack.
Its quad braided with teflon sleeve.

Picture below was taken by the seller:

Item currently on its way to my hse 
biggrin.gif

here is the science behind audiophile cable that i found online:

“Higher frequency runs on the surface of the conductor.”

Negative factors of “skin effect” are;
- Reduced effective-cross-section-area of higher frequency signal path.
- The higher the frequency, the higher the resistance.
- Frequency-dependent, unstable signal impedance response.

Lower frequency (runs in the conductor equally) Higher frequency (runs on the surface)

Silver has a slightly lower resistivity than copper, which means that it reduces the skin effect resulting in;
- Lower resistance through the entire frequency range
- Ultra stable signal impedance response

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #3,185 of 9,690
I have a question, how good are the Enyo cables to the triple fi? There is a big change in sound? And also, how good they are quality wise? For how long do they last, the UE cable doesn't last for any long than 4 months and it's pretty damn annoying that.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #3,187 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm looking to upgrade the cables on the TF10's myself, as soon as they come in.  Want to know if there's much of a difference in sound quality by upgrading them. 

Hey what kind of cable did you buy? i am looking into the lunes ones myself.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #3,188 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm looking to upgrade the cables on the TF10's myself, as soon as they come in.  Want to know if there's much of a difference in sound quality by upgrading them. 

Quote:

I had the Lune cable and it adds a noticeable change in the sound. The treble is sharper and crisper, the bass is cleaner and faster, and the mids are brought up a tad. (Going by memory).

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #3,190 of 9,690

Quote:
I just got the Enyo cable for the TF10. It's very well built.

The sound just comes out a lot cleaner. It is very noticeable.

Good to hear! how was the customer service from null/delivery time? i heard many said it wasn't the best =\

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #3,192 of 9,690

Quote:
Good to hear! how was the customer service from null/delivery time? i heard many said it wasn't the best =\

I got mine a long time ago but I guess I can comment a bit; it was pretty good though from what I remember... I think it was only one guy making the cables and stuff; the guy you mainly contact. He is nice and professional but it took... maybe 2 weeks for me to get the cable? I can't remember exactly. However a lot of people said they have had some problems with the service... 

Aug 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #3,193 of 9,690

Quote:

I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.  Trying to justify the $100 price tag.    I did receive my sony hybrid tips to swap in.  

Some people say it's worth it, others say it isn't unless money isn't an issue, so I'm still on the fence.  The way I look at it, I'm going to end up having to replace the stock UE cables later down the road anyway since they have a notorious rep. 

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #3,194 of 9,690

Quote:
I haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.  Trying to justify the $100 price tag.    I did receive my sony hybrid tips to swap in.  

Some people say it's worth it, others say it isn't unless money isn't an issue, so I'm still on the fence.  The way I look at it, I'm going to end up having to replace the stock UE cables later down the road anyway since they have a notorious rep. 

Yea... 100 bucks is kinda steep.... I would only do it if you had the money to spare and there wasn't anything else you wanted to upgrade on your system. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back