Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 6, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #3,151 of 9,690

Quote:
Guys, just a quick question.

I have a Triple.fi 10vi, and I was wondering if there are other cellphone brands that is compatible with the mic and remote button. Are there any?
It did not work with my Samsung Jet before.
Also, would the mic and remote work for the iPod Touch?

works with blackberry and htc
should also work with the touch.
samsungs have a the ground and mic polarity switched i think, but you can have an adaptor made so it will work.

Jun 7, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #3,153 of 9,690
Quote:
I think I'm switching back to RE2 until I can find some decent tips for this... I do believe my ear's bleeding from continued abrasion due to me shoving the stock tips into my ears and try to get it to seal.

I have an issue with the UE TF10  where I have to play around with it to get a proper seal, so what I did is I went out and created my own fit kit (sony hybrids, double flange, blue tips, and comply foam tx500).  Hopefully, they provide a faster way to get a proper seal if they don't then off to remolding I go.    

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #3,156 of 9,690

Quote:
Hi,
I recently bought the Westone Custom cables for my Triple.fi. The prongs on the cables are about a milimeter too long. I trimmed the length with my wife's nail file in about two minutes. The prongs are also a little larger in diameter than the origionals, so if you taper the ends they will insert a little easier. The increased diameter will also stretch out the sockets on the triples, but it sounds like your's are already stretched.
I hated the origional cables. They are heavy and the memory wire was a pain. I could never get them to seal for any period of time.
The quality of the Westone cable is excellent. They, too, have memory wire. I twisted the memory wire into a pigstail, as it emerged from the connector so I don't have to deal with it at all. It is now possible to maintain a seal and comfort for hours on end.
The replacement cables were about $40.
Sandy.

Cool, I'm most likely getting these.

The Right Angle jack is way better than a straight jack 90% of the time for my usage

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #3,158 of 9,690
I'd take it if you can't find it at a lower price on the net. I think this is them taking advantage of the rising prices of the Triple.Fis. "Hey, lets sell these new models that have a dented box at 200. That way we get these models out that we wouldn't have otherwise sold and can sell them direct."

If it was me; I don't see  a problem seeing they're new and warrented. 

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #3,160 of 9,690
Do you guys know wether it is possible to use a triple 10vi cable on a triple fi 10, to make it a triple fi 10vi?

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #3,162 of 9,690
Thanks for answering.
I am now planning to buy one in the near future and would like to use them for gaming too, so if it has mic, they may work.
This way it doesn't matter if I buy a 10vi or the normal version.
Another question would be:
Is the triple fi 10 cable compatible with the superfi 5 pro?
Quote:
mcnoiserdc, it is possible.

the earphone is identical on 'both'.

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #3,163 of 9,690
mcnoiserdc, same cable on SuperFi - it will work.

The vi cable is even worse than stock cable, in my opinion, in terms of durability.
I'd still buy it if I had an iPhone.

First tip - apply some heatshrink to the plug, where is ' connect' to the cable. Just get two pieces, cut in half lengthways, place onto plug/cable, and heat - a lighter might work.

I would ask someone who owns the 10vi cable to try it as a gaming mic - I don't know if it will work (mine is broken).

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #3,164 of 9,690
Jun 15, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #3,165 of 9,690
Well I don't need the adapter that is why I want the vi version, as I have mixamp which uses the same 4-pole plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back