Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 18, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #3,061 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burma Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Young Spade, Can You tell me if you have any fit issues with the lune cable for your TF 10? I remember reading somewhere that they are stiff and can fall out easily when you move around. Also is the sq improvement noticeable compare to the stock cables ? Thanks in advance , your insight will be greatly appreciated .

Fit issues? I had one. The cable itself is smaller and lighter than the stock cable and is able to slightly hold a form. If you look on the sight, it says that it's "softer" than the enyo cable and I can see where that comes from.
I would say it feels like it's made of a very light memory wire. You can bend it slightly to curve around your ears but when you remove them it doesn't stay that way, only slightly and it helps with the fit.

As for the SQ improvement, cables themselves don't improve the sound quality, better cables are more efficient at transmitting the signal that's being sent through them. For a hundred bucks..... I personally think that you could spend that on another piece of equipment but if you want the best out of your Triples it's not money wasted. YMMV of course.

I think that if you have the money laying around and you are NOT planning on spending that on some piece of equipment down the road, then you can consider it. 100 bucks is kind of a lot of money... BUT if you do sell the Triples later on you might find someone who wants to buy them with the Lune cable (I was lucky enough to find someone) so you can make up the price difference later.

May 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #3,064 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickooz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have anyone ever tried the double flange silicone tips? even with the small that came with the set doesn't fit in my ears. will the double flange work?

Meh, I couldn't get the double flanged tips to work and I use medium sized tips.

May 7, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #3,065 of 9,690
I have a TF10 with Transwar SE cables. Does anyone have a good portable amp suggestion to pair with my TF10?
I prefer separtation, clarity, crisp, detail; along those lines. Would not prefer bass heavy sounds such as Predator.

Also small(fits into pocket) preferrably.

Thanks in advance.

May 7, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #3,066 of 9,690

Quote:
I have a TF10 with Transwar SE cables. Does anyone have a good portable amp suggestion to pair with my TF10?
I prefer separtation, clarity, crisp, detail; along those lines. Would not prefer bass heavy sounds such as Predator.

Thanks in advance.

The Meier Headsix is a nice pairing with the Triple-Fi's and also excellent value. It is balanced, not bass heavy. The most noticeable change in sound will be in the width and air in the soundstage.

May 7, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #3,067 of 9,690

Cool, will look into it. Btw Headsix and XXS only differs on labeling (and donation to head-fi) correct?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Quote:

The Meier Headsix is a nice pairing with the Triple-Fi's and also excellent value. It is balanced, not bass heavy. The most noticeable change in sound will be in the width and air in the soundstage.

May 7, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #3,068 of 9,690

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

I'd go with the ALO Rx. I haven't used it with the Triples, only with the UM3Xs (sold the Triples before I got the Rx). With the Rx from the line out, everything sounds clearer, instrument separation is better, micro-detail is more prevalent, and the bass is a lot deeper, cleaner, and more powerful. Of course the midrange stays nice and warm as well :)

May 8, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #3,070 of 9,690

Quote:
Cool, will look into it. Btw Headsix and XXS only differs on labeling (and donation to head-fi) correct?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

They are identical except that the Headsix costs less than the XXS and is also more visually attractive. I recommend it because it is a fine little amp and half the price of much of the (often worthy) competition.

May 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #3,071 of 9,690

Quote:
I recently found about amp called arrow, which got great reviews. What do you guys think, will i benefit more from custom ft10 or get an amp playing from my ipod?

Definitely amping. Getting the custom mold doesn't really increase the SQ of the phone at all. You get the benefits of a custom seal like increased isolation and comfort (a reason a lot of people molded the Triples) but the sound doesn't just get "better". In some cases it gets worse and you run into sibilance due to acrylic molds and the absence of the universal tips (They absorb some of the high frequencies) but YMMV (referring to the sibilance). 

May 8, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #3,074 of 9,690

Quote:
Yea I'm scared if i get them custom I will lose the signature sound the TF-10 has. Do you think arrow is an over kill with the ipod touch? Or I wont need to be upgrading for a long time?

Arrow overkill for iPod Touch? What generation is the iPod? But IMO once you get in the 300+ price range of amps (same with phones) you start looking for "different" instead of "better". Once you get in this range most amps sound very, very good for the price you pay but they have minor differences between them, hence the need for a lot of time spent reading up on multiple amps to get an idea of what you want if you can't audition one before you buy.

I haven't read much on the Arrow so I can't give you any knowledge off hand, but I can tell you to read the appreciation/impression threads on it and see if it fits the bill. I picked up that it does have a lot of internal tweaks to give it a 1up on some other amps such as a digital volume controller and some other things. 

As for being overkill? Naugh it's not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back