Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 17, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #2,986 of 9,690
^^ hungarianhc: Yes they are the same headphones. You can just swap stock or vi cables with either headphone for the mic support if you want. You will be able to use the custom cable with your current model.

^ Saitek666: You really shouldn't ask your questions in someone else's thread because yours doesn't get any replies; but since it's already here....I had the T4 and used that with my iPod Nano to my Triple.Fis and loved it. Clean and neutral.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #2,988 of 9,690
Oh no problem man, and I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, just giving you a heads up now so people don't harp on you in the future; but yea man, the iBasso T4 and D2 are both good low-mid level amps.

I'd say get the D2 if you want the DAC function but if you're not going to use that you could save a couple bucks and get the T4 OR T3. (I'd say the T3 because it's newer and has some extra stuff but I haven't read anything about it really).

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #2,990 of 9,690
I think the TF10 and T3 compliment each other very well. I'm not sure what the T3 has over the T4, other than a second gain switch which it has instead of the bass boost. I think most, if not all, who have heard both the T3 and T4 have remarked that the T3 is noticeably better - but I've only heard the T3 myself.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #2,992 of 9,690
I don't know if anyone still reads this thread, but i'm a huge fan of the Triple Fi 10. I bought mine about two years ago and they've been my favorite the entire time. I have tried lots of other headphones, but nothing has come close in terms of sound quality. To me, they're perfect.

The AKG 701 was a close second, but I don't always want to use an amp for my music or portable player.

The Triple Fi's were also the first earphones that were not painful to me. I use the Comply Foam.

I saw another thread on "Desert Island" headphones and for me, these would be them. I'd also just replace them with the same model if they broken. If it wasn't such a pain i'd pay up to a grand to get a custom fit version. I think the nearest place to get a mold is about an hour there and an hour back.

I honestly don't think i'd ever spend over $600 on a pair of headphones. I've tried the Sennheiser HD-650's, but did not like them at all. I think that was the most expensive pair i've tried.

Another favorite is the Grado SR-80, but I found the comfort a "D" grade.

What i'm looking for is a headphone that sounds similar to the UE 10's, but is an over the ear pair. Any ideas?

I picked up some Shure 240's today and was really impressed with them for the price (paid like $30USD NEW!!). So much so that I ended up upgrading to the 840's.

It seems like they went up in price a bit, but no big deal. They're still a good deal if they sound as good as i've read.

So, really, is there anything better then the UE 10 that doesn't require an amp? Something for over the ear maybe? Maybe the Shure 840 is the one.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #2,993 of 9,690
^ If you're referring to the UE Triple.Fi 10s throughout your whole post, you should call them the Triples or something of the sort because UE has the UE 10 customs and people might get the confused; just saying
smily_headphones1.gif

But yea man, I have had my Triples for about.... a month now? I am in love with them. I went and got the Lune audio cable and LOVE what it did for the sound.

But yea about the Shure 840s... they are going to need an amp to sound their best. If you don't want an amp many people say the 440s beat them unamped from the same source so you might want to read up on that :/

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #2,995 of 9,690
The prices for Null Audio's cables have increased greatly over the past year or so. The Lune is now over $150, and the Enyo almost $100. Earlier posts and threads talk about people buying these cables originally for maybe half the price. Can anyone explain what's going on with the pricing??

Has anyone compared the Lune to the Enyo? What's the $50 difference? (It's a 50% price difference!)

Mar 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #2,996 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnaround /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The prices for Null Audio's cables have increased greatly over the past year or so. The Lune is now over $150, and the Enyo almost $100. Earlier posts and threads talk about people buying these cables originally for maybe half the price. Can anyone explain what's going on with the pricing??

Has anyone compared the Lune to the Enyo? What's the $50 difference? (It's a 50% price difference!)

The page sometime change the currency without notice and maybe for you, it changed to Australia dollar. Had my time as well and was a bit confused but try switch back to US dollars and you should see some discount.
k701smile.gif

Also does the description of the both cables give you an answer? Lune mainly use silver wires.

My Enyo cable lately went broken once again, have to ship it back. I'm just getting bad experience with them in pretty short time but I hope null audio will fix it.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #2,998 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sayajin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The page sometime change the currency without notice and maybe for you, it changed to Australia dollar.

Ah, the prices I quoted were in Singapore dollars, not U.S. dollars! Thanks for clarifying!

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #2,999 of 9,690
Haha yea man I thought it changed on me as well and went through the trouble form buying from their seller on ebay before I noticed; luckily I didn't get them before I realized what happened.

But yea for the question about microphonics.... sadly the Lune cable makes a lot of noice being that its just the silver and the thin silicon (?) covering over it. The cable is mostly teflon covered so you don't have a problem there but the cables do make a lot of sound.

Of course I hardly ever hear it because I'm either sitting still while listening or whatever; it's not that long though so you shouldn't have many problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back