Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #1,981 of 9,690
frown.gif
I feel for you..
How did that happen?

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #1,982 of 9,690
I have noticed some light crackle noises in the right earphone for some time. Didn't think much about until now. I have no idea how it started, but one day the piece just fell off after listening to music. Wierd, since I handle them with great care. Maybe the pieces weren't glued properly together sine I got them.

Anyway, replacements in on the way. Thank god my warranty had not expired yet.

Apr 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #1,983 of 9,690
I just got a pair of triple.fi 10's yesterday ,
I've been planning to buy them for quite some time as my last headphone purchase, and they are everything I had hoped for.

If I had to nitpick, I would say that they are a little laid back, and that causes me to sometimes crank the volume without noticing.

Now I need to start saving for a dac/amp combo probably lavry da10 / or benchmark dac, does anyone use either of those two with their triple.fi ??

Apr 4, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #1,984 of 9,690
Why do you want a stationary DAC for TF10P? It could be noisy for IEMs. I had tried my TF10P on a DA10 a few months back, well, just for fun at that time. I have noticed some hissing, however, the timbre is there.

Apr 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #1,985 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioJUNK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you want a stationary DAC for TF10P?

I only use them at home. I prefer them to any of the headphones I've had before in my sig.

edit* scratch that. I had to return them because they really hurt my ears no matter what tip i used , couldn't wear them for more than 1 hour at a time ...

Apr 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #1,986 of 9,690
Got my replacements today!
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm very pleased, I got brand new replacements! Looks like the new version, since it has Comply Foam instead of UE foamies.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #1,987 of 9,690
Nice to see this thread still alive & kicking....
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats on your replacements, Nosgis. How d'you find the Complys? I'm thinking I really should finally try the T500 out...

Did Apuresound ever get their Trips cable out? (Been away for quite awhile...)

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #1,988 of 9,690
Thanks steviebee. The T500 is practically the same as the old T400, the only difference is the inner tube diameter. Thus meaning the new ones fit better.

I'm not sure how much I like the Comply's though. Yes they block out more ouside noise. Yes the bass is heavier. This because of the tighter fit I guess, but the huge downside to this is the highs(treble) seams muffled or bloated. The music sounds a tad "darker" in lack of better words.
So ultimately, since I get perfect seal with the medium stock silicone tips, I will go with them. If you liked the T400 , the music will sound the same with the T500. They just fit a lot easier on the nozzle.

The ApureSound UE cable is still in the making! In final stage though. I think the will be released Q2/Q3 this year.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #1,989 of 9,690
Cheers, Nosgis...your view is similar to others I've read. The 'muffling', I'm assuming, is partly due to tip overhang...I didn't get on with T400, but mainly because: 1, too damn hard to get off - 2, didn't seem to seal properly in my ears - 3, lasted about a week IIRC.

Ho hum, back to olives/E2c clears then, lol.

The APS is still not ready? Wow...thanks for the update!

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #1,990 of 9,690
Steviebee, nice to see you back in the game dude! Still lovin your TF10's then?
wink.gif
Havn't dug mine out in some time; gona have to to see how they fair against mt more recent IEM aquisitions (W3, IE8s, X10s etc)!

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #1,991 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by romanesq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Started with the super fi .5 pros and liked them but never could find a good solution to wearing them for any extended period beyond 45 minutes.

Came across www.earplugstore and an at home custom mold solution for $115. The mold would also work for the triples they said. Did it, made the molds at home in about 20 minutes, sent them out and back in less than 10 days came my own custom tips and also the molds I originally made.

Would imagine if I switched from UE they would be good to use again just by sending them in and making tips to fit the connection to another manufacturer too. As long as I don't lose those originals.

It's so comfortable and the sound is so nice you don't even think about it. Sold a replacement set of the super fi .5s to my neighbor, upgraded to the refined capability of the triples and have never looked back.

The triples are another level, more balanced and well rounded, but great highs especially on well done recordings.

Great on the iPhone 3G, or even at home connecting to my system analog via an Airport Express wirelessly to my main stereo system (which is frankly amazing how good they sound that way) and last plugged into a Lavry DA-10 DAC via a Mac Mini and (Sonicwave) glass toslink cable. That's just flat out tremendous.

Not sure why this doesn't come up much but for all the folks who want to enjoy the triples with a permanent solution and no hassle, no foam replacements, it's $115 and done.

Good luck and happy listening.
regular_smile .gif

I was thinking of doing this also but I was looking at EarSound Customs - Revolutionize Your Listening Experience™. Are you happy with the molds? The reason why I was looking at earsound is because included in that price is going to one of their selected audiologist to get the impressions done (i just dont trust myself to do it) for 129, they dont have all supportes model IEM listed but When I contacted them they said they support triple fi's

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #1,992 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steviebee, nice to see you back in the game dude! Still lovin your TF10's then?
wink.gif
Havn't dug mine out in some time; gona have to to see how they fair against mt more recent IEM aquisitions (W3, IE8s, X10s etc)!

Hey BloodSugar! How are you man? Thanks for the welcome back to the fold! Aha, you've been busy! I was thinking of trying the IE8 myself...have to do some research....HEY, wait, my goddam wallet just ran out the door screaming!
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #1,993 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey BloodSugar! How are you man? Thanks for the welcome back to the fold! Aha, you've been busy! I was thinking of trying the IE8 myself...have to do some research....HEY, wait, my goddam wallet just ran out the door screaming!
biggrin.gif

Haha! Yeah, my wallet's tried that move a few times but I always manage to coax it round eventually
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I'm good thanks. I don't have definitive or conclusive thoughts on the IE8 yet, personally- as you are probably aware, being a dynamic-driver earphone, they require burn-in to reach their mature sound (reports from some of up to 400 plus hours required for them to reach full fruition) and I havn't got more than 80 hours or so on mine, nor have I extensively experimented with tips/fit yet either- but you have a mammoth Sennheiser IE8 appreciation thread to read there for many other's thoughts and impressions!
smily_headphones1.gif
. They are a much loved IEM and, along with the W3, have definitely imposed on the SE530/TF10 territory at the top-end of the universal IEM tree.

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,994 of 9,690
Yes, I've been working my way through the IE8 app thread - and there's a few new IEMs to check out (W3, IE8, Phonak et al)...but I'd be looking for a step on from TF10/ER4 & am wondering if custom is the way to go now. Trouble is, hooking up my Trips/Etys to my iRivers & amps, I'm still a very happy bunny, so maybe £££ should go into other interests (who am I kidding?! My bikes are totally sorted, my wife would kill me if I turned up with another games console, she won't let me have a drumkit
- sigh....practise pads only! - and I have enough books/music to entertain every penguin in Antarctica....)

What I like about IEMs is they're small and you can sneak em in....lol.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #1,995 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I've been working my way through the IE8 app thread - and there's a few new IEMs to check out (W3, IE8, Phonak et al)...but I'd be looking for a step on from TF10/ER4 & am wondering if custom is the way to go now. Trouble is, hooking up my Trips/Etys to my iRivers & amps, I'm still a very happy bunny, so maybe £££ should go into other interests (who am I kidding?! My bikes are totally sorted, my wife would kill me if I turned up with another games console, she won't let me have a drumkit
- sigh....practise pads only! - and I have enough books/music to entertain every penguin in Antarctica....)

What I like about IEMs is they're small and you can sneak em in....lol.

Have you tried any replacement cables on the TF10's? I've tried the Null Audio cable on the TF10's and thought they were quite nice. Might be a different option to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back