Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #1,471 of 9,690
I'm finding the clear flex tips, while comfortable, a little hard--about as hard as the stock UE tips. Are the black ones more "squishy"? So far am preferring the foams to the clear flex. Help please. If I keep going, my costs of the tips are gonna cost as much as the Triples!!!

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #1,472 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm finding the clear flex tips, while comfortable, a little hard--about as hard as the stock UE tips. Are the black ones more "squishy"? So far am preferring the foams to the clear flex. Help please. If I keep going, my costs of the tips are gonna cost as much as the Triples!!!

It's the downside of the clear tips -they are a damn sight harder than soft silicon (I'm surprised you think the stock UE silicon are as hard as the clears)...another adjustment, getting used to them! I still really like their low impact on SQ tho, but I feel another tip-tryout is in the offing. Just to see!

The Shure silicon are 'squishy' & soft. But I think the UE silicon are too, so I'm not sure my input is helpful, lol.

And console yourself, tip experimentation (& regrettably, cost) is part of the fun of owning IEMs! Always something new to try...sort of the IEM version of modding full-size phones
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #1,474 of 9,690
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but theres are over 140 pages of post to weed through. Perhaps someone can answer while I read them!.

Are the Triple.Fi more simular is in sound to the Pro 5 or the Studios, or do they have a unique sound of thier own?
I'm considering geting them. I was impressed with the sound of the Studios but not with the Pro 5s. Thanks

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #1,475 of 9,690
Anyone else using tri-flange tips on theirs? I modified a pair to fit on my Triple.fi 10s ... they fit fine to the base but they need to be shortened to prevent any change to sound. I've noticed the best fit and isolation with these but everyone else who tries mine thinks their way too uncomfortable.

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #1,476 of 9,690
Does anyone know where to get a pair of Triple.Fis for $300 shipped? used or new?

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #1,477 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Max /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but theres are over 140 pages of post to weed through. Perhaps someone can answer while I read them!.Are the Triple.Fi more simular is in sound to the Pro 5 or the Studios, or do they have a unique sound of thier own?
I'm considering geting them.

To save wading through all the posts, here are a few opinions.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4562705-post1392.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4562983-post1397.html

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4554827-post1386.html

That should help!

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #1,480 of 9,690
Quote:

Does anyone know where to get a pair of Triple.Fis for $300 shipped? used or new?

Got a bnib pair. Check your pm box.

Aug 17, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #1,481 of 9,690
it seems that Logitech would like to say that they have greatly appreciated the triple.fis

Aug 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #1,483 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean?

Logitech bought Ultimate Ears, So they must like thier stuff.
k701smile.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #1,484 of 9,690
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi's FS forums have Triple.fi's usually for around $300.

I am looking for a new pair too with international shippment to Denmark.
Best price I've found was 334 $ on earphonesolutions with shipment.

Does anyone know a place that beat this price, except eBay and the FS forums?

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #1,485 of 9,690
Wow, I just got around to listening to my Panic in the Disco music with the UE-10 pros and it is amazing how well these buds plays them.
None of my other music plays as well as this band's songs; maybe since its a newer band that band had better recording methods. Just amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back