Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 2, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #1,381 of 9,690
Yes... That iPhone... I hate it
biggrin.gif

Just Kidding

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #1,382 of 9,690
Me too.
Not kidding.

Not so much for what it is, but what it represents - another brick in the gizmo-filled wall of planetary corporate me-tooism.

confused_face(1).gif

LOL - I need to go to bed! Too much caffeine....

Aug 2, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #1,383 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Straightforward cable failure. Tell them the cable casing has stripped, exposing the inner core, just before the connector housing. And you could always attach your pic...could you take a new one in better focus?

Thank you, I only have my crappy camera phone so that's the best I can do.
frown.gif
I'm going to reply to their email and explain it like you suggested. Thank you very much.

Aug 2, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #1,384 of 9,690
Hi!

I'm wondering wether I should buy the triple fi or the super fi 5 pro.

But i'm not shure if the price-difference is worth it, is it?

I'm upgrading from EP 650, using the Cowon D2 as source.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #1,385 of 9,690
Not heard the SF5P, but everything I've read suggests it is absolutely worth it. Whatever 5P does well, TF10 would seem to overtake it by some margin.

But, I have not heard Super Fi 5P so don't take this as gospel. Someone with experience of both should be along soon...

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #1,386 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

I'm wondering wether I should buy the triple fi or the super fi 5 pro.

But i'm not shure if the price-difference is worth it, is it?

I'm upgrading from EP 650, using the Cowon D2 as source.

Thanks in advance!

Triple.fi 10 Pro. I bought the Super.fi 5 Pro back in february, and absolutely loved them. In fact, so much that I decided to go for Triples a few months afterwards. I was really interested in hearing how much better it could get. And boy did I do the right thing, they are awesome and worth every penny. Very detailed and clean sound, didn't think IEM's good be so good. Maybe I will go for the UE 11 in a couple of years, lol.

I use the triples on my iAudio 7, the D2 would be a great match.

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #1,387 of 9,690
Thanks for the answer!

Now, the only thing i'm worried about now is if the buds break, I live in Norway like you, and I don't know if its that easy getting the cables (etc) replaced if they break, any known issues with that?

Just remembered I got another question, are the cables easy replacable? The stock cables look a little brittle.

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #1,388 of 9,690
Now i am looking at a new DAP for my tripple fi's. WHat goes best? Only need around 15-30gigs of storage. I want to move away from my ipod 5.5g 30 gig.

was looking at the cowon d2 16gig...

but then again, i dont want to sell my ipod because iwill get peanuts for it. i might as well keep it.

I should be looking at a different amp or OPAMPS for my viper. soo hard

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #1,389 of 9,690
D2's a good choice. Very nice detailed little DAP...

Bertelson -the cable is fine, not brittle at all (tho how any cable is in ultra-cold I can't say). If it does by any chance break/fray etc UE will replace FOC.

It's a piece of cake to replace Triple Fi cables. Just go about it carefully -don't yank em out: a small tease w/ a fingernail to get them started, if needed. Easy...

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #1,391 of 9,690
I've read that they are, but I've never heard SF5P...

Edit\ see Nosgis's post above ^^^

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #1,392 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the TF10 a big step up from SF5pros.

I think they're a really worthy upgrade. I bought the SF5 Pro about eighteen months ago as my very first upgrade from stock buds, and they were amazing coming from the crap which was supplied with my dap. But who sticks with their first upgrade? Not me! Much as I loved the huge soundstage, I got irritated by the warm thick midrange, and eventually couldn't listen to them at all.

I bought the TF10's three months ago, and couldn't be happier. The midrange is not recessed at all to my ears, and this is using them unamped from a Zune 80 and Sony NWZ-A829 with wma vbr 'best quality' settings averaging between 300/450kbps. The midrange is much more open and more forward than the SF5 Pro. The only real similarity between them is the size of the soundstage, it's BIG.

I put off buying these for 2 reasons: 1) Too expensive, and 2) I thought they'd sound too similar to the SF5 Pro - but Amazon UK had a sale, so I decided to buy them. Well, it's a decision I've been really happy with for every minute of every day for the past 3 months. I just love how they sound.

They're related to the SF5 Pro only in soundstage and fit. Everything else is improved. I wouldn't say they had more bass than the SF5 Pro (I seem to remember those being quite boomy), but it's definitely better presented. I did a TON of research to find out the differences between these and the SF5 Pro, and the majority of owners felt it was a worthwhile upgrade. And I do too. They're like a hugely-improved SF5 Pro
happy_face1.gif

I know opinion is subjective, and someone else might say there's hardly any difference at all, but this is how I hear them from the sources I mentioned.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #1,393 of 9,690
Hey soozieq
smile.gif

How was Canada?

Get much good
beerchug.gif
in?

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #1,395 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey soozieq
smile.gif