Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 24, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #1,233 of 9,690
Ebay usually has a selection. My usual source, iDealsound, no longer sells there (pity, as his prices were fabulously cheap), but others do have Shure accessories.

I listened last nght to Anja Garbarek 'Balloon Mood' with Triples & clear tips. Still a wonderful, wonderful sound.

The only thing I would warn about the clear tips is, they are pretty hard, not soft and squishy like ordinary silicons/foams. But once you're used to em, I do think they deliver the best SQ from the TF. So far
biggrin.gif

Edit\ Mornin' Tony
smily_headphones1.gif
You should check out Anja - very nice album & a real headphone treat.

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #1,234 of 9,690
sorry, this thread is so long and i couldn't find what i wanted...
How does the sound change when i plug the ES2 cable?
Does the soundstage change?
Is the custom UE cable better than ES2 cable?

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #1,235 of 9,690
I didn't notice much if any change when I had ES2 - seemed to be more a ergonomics thing, in that the thinness/flexibility of the Westone cable made it much less noticeable while wearing. But I didn't have any issue with the stock cable so reverted to that.

As for the custom cable, sorry, no experience...

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #1,237 of 9,690
D'you find the SF5P comfortable? If so....
smily_headphones1.gif

I am one of those who took to TF10 like a duck to water, fitwise, as I find Triple Fi very comfortable, & even more so since I got my replacements. Maybe my first pair warped my ear canals, lol.

With my patented arrangement (the 'hand under the head' method, lol) I even sleep wearing mine. Not the whole night, I hasten to add (does anyone? Really? I have done it but very, very rarely) - I wake up when the music stops...

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #1,239 of 9,690
steviebee - hey, guess what. I've been cured!! Yes, cured, just like good old British bacon. How do I know? Well, I read your excellent review on the OK earbuds, and felt.... wait for it... nothing, not even feel the slightest twinge of curiosity about how they sounded. Not a twinge I tell you, it's TRUE.

This can only mean one thing - I am so happy with my Triples that nothing else interests me (at least, for now that is!) Unless of course UE ever redesign the Triple-fi to be smaller than a foot - then I'd be interested. But for now, I just love them to bits
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #1,240 of 9,690
That's good! Upgraditis can kill, y'know
smily_headphones1.gif

Er, or it was an appallingly badly written summation of OK1, lol...

Believe me, I'm in no hurry to get away from Triple Fi - I share your sentiments (the bits part) exactly.

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #1,242 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
steviebee - hey, guess what. I've been cured!! Yes, cured, just like good old British bacon. How do I know? Well, I read your excellent review on the OK earbuds, and felt.... wait for it... nothing, not even feel the slightest twinge of curiosity about how they sounded. Not a twinge I tell you, it's TRUE.

This can only mean one thing - I am so happy with my Triples that nothing else interests me (at least, for now that is!) Unless of course UE ever redesign the Triple-fi to be smaller than a foot - then I'd be interested. But for now, I just love them to bits
biggrin.gif

Lies
biggrin.gif
plainface.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #1,243 of 9,690
You mean Anja? Ah well, can't win em all!

Wonder what you'll think of Annette Peacock?

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #1,244 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lies
biggrin.gif

LOL

biggrin.gif

Oh btw, finally the Airplane will be flying with Phil. Sorry about the delay....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back