Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #871 of 9,690
@ Western: in a word, yes. Of the Shure E2c tips, the silicon (clear or black/grey) are the ones to try.

The trouble with foamies like the E2c & T400 in purely fitting terms, is that when you try to remove them the foam twists about the core, & as it's the core you're trying to move... Flex/silicon don't, in effect the whole tip seems to move as one, so are easier to remove.

There is the same problem with unmodded olives, which is why I prefer to recore them rather than stretch the core to fit.

Really nice impressionist description of Triple Fi treble, channum
smily_headphones1.gif
And yes, I too agree that their presentation of percussion is very good. As an ex-drummer, it's a thing I look for: the metallic sheen of cymbals, that 'after-ring' on some shells, the body of sound & placement of each drum...

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #872 of 9,690
I so agree with the "no lack of bass" I avoided these for so long thinking they were so bass shy. They are so not to me. I think unamped they are great on every aspect and with an amp I am loving the bass and the highs and everything in between. Recieved my t500 comply's today too...so far very nice, not losing noticeably on the highs for me, plus they'll stay put pretty nice for exercise etc. ( Yes I exercise with these...I payed all this money...I use them for everything ie grass cutting too!! shame on me right...)

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #873 of 9,690
I am looking for more bass from my Ety ER4S and based upon my reading it seems like the Triple.fi 10 is the ticket. If I have no comfort issues with the Ety triple flange silicone tips, do you think I be OK with the tips supplied by UE?

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #874 of 9,690
I have had ety's in the past and they fit well for me. I have fairly small ear canals and use the smallest silicones from ue...they are fine for me for the long haul in most instances..just as I stated the comply tips feel more secure for when you may move around/sweat alot. I think the highs on the triple.fi are as good as the ety's and the bass is much better plus all the other attributes. But that is imho..

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #876 of 9,690
Flavio...I think the triple.fi blows away the se530 in every aspect with just the ipod. I hear more highs and personally I hear no lack of mids, and the bass is fantastic to me, but I like it 3-fold with an amp, more bass and more of everything but as always... that is a personal choice. Sorry to not be more helpful...but I have always loved an amp.

Also...never heard the um2...

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #877 of 9,690
thats nice, the problem with the iPod for me is the bass it gives to my EX90, it is so uncontrolled comparing to my X-FI. but maybe its just synergy. would you recommend me to beg my father (not a good thing) and order a new DAP with the triple.fi, or do you think the iPod 80 will do very fine against other DAPs? thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #878 of 9,690
my only complaint is the color so far
smily_headphones1.gif

would have preferred like a gun-metal grey or black

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #880 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The M-AUDIO IE-40 (which I own) is a black/chrome version of the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro.
wink.gif

what is the cheapest price on those from a reputable dealer?

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #881 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the cheapest price on those from a reputable dealer?

$329 from roaddogonline at amazon.com

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #882 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$329 from roaddogonline at amazon.com

damn lol

i shipped off the free dJays i got with my triple.fi's from soundearphones today.

otherwise i would have taken the silver ones from that place. i much prefer the silver color.

GOD I AM SUCH A SHALLOW HUMAN BEING!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #883 of 9,690
Got mine yesterday ... and damn, this is the real thing. oO
I loved my CX300 (really!) but this is like a small revelation, when it comes to direct comparison.

Imo, they are really comfortable too ... just a pity that I'm absolutely not able to gain ANY acceptable seal - and losing a HUGE bit of sound quality because of that.
frown.gif

(Guess, I should visit the next acoustician and order some custom-fitted tips...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back