Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #782 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh my god... triple.fis or SA6 (or another $200 IEM) +SR225?

My 2 cents: if you have to keep asking yourself if you want triple.fis or an IEM half their price plus some full cans, you probably don't want triple.fis all that much. I like full cans, but I've survived for the past years just fine on my SR60s & A900s. Nothing about the improvements I would gain by upgrading relative to what I could be spending the money on has been compelling. In fact, I just sold off the A900s to fund the triple.fis because their listening niches will fully overlap.

Pretty much the instant I finally found a way to wear my super.fi 5s, I knew I wanted an upgrade. It was the listening experience I'd been looking for "all my life", just not quite ALL there. The more I read and thought, the more I knew the best fit for me is to get triple.fis versus a custom solution (the only other thing I considered). Now I'm just waiting for there to be another 20% off sale at earphone solutions (betting on July 4th) and I will pull the trigger without so much as an eyeblink's worth of hesitation.

There is no other audio product out there in any style for any feasible cost that, at least as far as my research is concerned, is a better match for what I'm looking for. If you aren't that certain, maybe you shouldn't buy any IEM in this cost range since you can get some very good sound in IEMs for a lot less than TF10s. If you can be satisfied with Sleek SA6 or SF5s or q-Jays or whatever, there is no reason to spring for something as expensive as TF10s if their cost is such an issue.

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #783 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 2 cents: if you have to keep asking yourself if you want triple.fis or an IEM half their price plus some full cans, you probably don't want triple.fis all that much. I like full cans, but I've survived for the past years just fine on my SR60s & A900s. Nothing about the improvements I would gain by upgrading relative to what I could be spending the money on has been compelling. In fact, I just sold off the A900s to fund the triple.fis because their listening niches will fully overlap.

Pretty much the instant I finally found a way to wear my super.fi 5s, I knew I wanted an upgrade. It was the listening experience I'd been looking for "all my life", just not quite ALL there. The more I read and thought, the more I knew the best fit for me is to get triple.fis versus a custom solution (the only other thing I considered). Now I'm just waiting for there to be another 20% off sale at earphone solutions (betting on July 4th) and I will pull the trigger without so much as an eyeblink's worth of hesitation.

There is no other audio product out there in any style for any feasible cost that, at least as far as my research is concerned, is a better match for what I'm looking for. If you aren't that certain, maybe you shouldn't buy any IEM in this cost range since you can get some very good sound in IEMs for a lot less than TF10s. If you can be satisfied with Sleek SA6 or SF5s or q-Jays or whatever, there is no reason to spring for something as expensive as TF10s if their cost is such an issue.

I am pretty noob in audio stuff, from reading head-fi's general concepts, I thought that a $200 full can would bring me the same level of quality the TF10 does, and I would still have money for another nice IEM. I see I'm wrong.
BTW, it was just another of my dozens of thinkings. I'll end up with a triple.fi most probably.

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #784 of 9,690
Quote:

I am pretty noob in audio stuff, from reading head-fi's general concepts, I thought that a $200 full can would bring me the same level of quality the TF10 does, and I would still have money for another nice IEM. I see I'm wrong.
BTW, it was just another of my dozens of thinkings. I'll end up with a triple.fi most probably.

Why not Stax?
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #785 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any suggestions for the best online deal on them?

they are about 338 shipped at earphonesolutions and soundearphones

minus 10 bucks at soundearphones with a coupon code in the sponsor forum.

EDITED THANKS TO FLAVIO POINTING OUT MY TYPO
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #787 of 9,690
Quote:

I thought that a $200 full can would bring me the same level of quality the TF10 does, and I would still have money for another nice IEM. I see I'm wrong.

I don't know that you're wrong exactly, you're just confused on priorities. $200 full cans will bring you some great sound, $200 IEMs will bring you some great sound, $400 full cans will bring you some great sound, and $400 IEMs will bring you some great sound, but they'll all be different sounds. Further, when you consider that spending $400 versus $200 is most likely not going to net you double the sound quality, you probably would be getting more bang for your buck splitting your money into cans and IEMs... unless you actually do know what you want
wink.gif

I gave up some things by selling the A900s that I'm not going to replace in the TF10s no matter how good they will ultimately sound, but it's a trade off I was willing to make because, when you boil it all down, I'm just not that much of a full sized head phone sort of guy. A couple of hours with closed cans and I'm ready to tear them off and run outside. After a while, I just cannot ignore the sensation of having my ears enclosed like that. Open cans last longer on me, but also eventually have to come off. Even something like KSC75 have a finite lifespan on my ears on any given day (the only headphone I ever found I could wear indefinitely were PX100s). Yet, multiple hours with earbuds or IEMs and I might take them now and again to give my ears a breather, but otherwise, they're pretty much invisible to me.

That's why I feel confident in spending more than I've spent on any one piece of gear on the TF10s; by all rights, they should hit all the notes with no compromises relative to my needs. If I wasn't this confident (and the only way to be more confident would be to try them first) that they would hit all the notes, I would not even be tempted to spend that amount of money on any piece of audio gear.

Whatever choice you make, have fun with it. I can't wait until I can post in this thread with my impressions of the TF10s - I'm already a fanboy and I don't even have them yet
redface.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #789 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy frm SoundEarphones, they offering free D-Jays with orders over $300
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f115/f...1/#post4340785

2 iems for price of one
biggrin.gif

hotdamn.

i think ima gonna change my order to soundearphones right now for my triples.

too bad they dont have the djays in black
frown.gif
but heck, free! cant complain about that.

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #791 of 9,690
I wish I had ordered this time to get the free d-jays

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #795 of 9,690
Quote:

they could sell the brand new d-jays and get a $80 refund like

I wasn't thinking of selling them for that much, but yes, this is what the little demon on my shoulder has been whispering in my ear since sometime yesterday when I found out about this deal. The little demon is sounding awfully wise at the moment
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Damn wise little shoulder demons... So who wants some d-Jays in blue later this week?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back