Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 3, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #212 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am being sucked into the Tf10 hurricane...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The storm got me too. I walked down the street to B&H Photo yesterday and picked up the TF. Yea, I paid more than mail order but I had it in my hand RIGHT NOW. I can also walk back down and return them.

Having said that, I really, really like the sound compared to Ety 4p's. No more iPod EQ. I turned it off and they sound almost perfect. They mate very well to the iQube too. Only thing keeping them from getting a perfect 10 is the fit. I'm using Shure EA506 flex sleeves in the small size and it almost works. The seal is nowhere near as good as the Ety so my train ride is slightly more annoying, but the sound is so much better I'm sure I'll keep these. Oh, and no more horrible, horrible microphonics.

May 3, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #213 of 9,690
^^^ i guess microphonics has to be a prob.. I wish B & H was here in houston. I would have given it a shot too.
well congrats on your new purchase..

May 3, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #214 of 9,690
would the ue10 be a significant upgrade from shure e2c and work well with say a tomahawk?

May 3, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #215 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would the ue10 be a significant upgrade from shure e2c and work well with say a tomahawk?

I'm assuming you are talking about the universal UE Triple.fi 10 Pro as opposed to the UE-10, which is a custom model.

In any case, I do believe it would be a significant upgrade from the Shure E2c. I listened to my friend's the other day and it's frankly not in the same league at all.

May 3, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #216 of 9,690
yeah i was talking about the universal model and not the customs, i really dont like my shures now and need a step up.

May 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #218 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im now considering selling off my existing cans cause i just cant find anything i like in can form, i desparatly want the tf 10 sound in a can, but it eludes me!

What exactly are you looking for out of a can that the TF10 doesn't provide you? Comfort? Soundstage?

If you're happy with the TF10, stick with the TF10.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, I think antonyfirst said that the Sennheiser HD650 has a similar sound signature to the TF10 (which he loves too) except with more soundstage. Perhaps you can add that to your "desire" list.

May 4, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #219 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are your thoughts about the cable? is it really worth the $40 extra on the westone ES cable (it will really bug my budget)?

Yes, it is very much worth the $40. I used that cable for my custom SuperFreQs and I used that cable in my TF's before I sent them to FreQs, so I know first hand that it does improve in the comfort level compared to the OEM wires. The OEM wires are OK, but the Westone ES cable is better.

As far as universals, the TF's are awesome, and as much as I love my TF's, but now that I have the SuperFreQs I don't need both, so I am selling them here in the forums. Somebody here will get a good deal on my TF's
wink.gif

Will

May 5, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #221 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure! you could tell from the price difference alone, own both and ue10 is a significant upgrade to me
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #223 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I read this thread, the more torn I am between the Triple Fi and a SuperFreq!!!!
biggrin.gif

Decisions, decisions .....

Buy both. You can always sell the TF's if you don't like them, and the FreQs have a warranty - they will refund most of the purchase price if you are not satisfied (although I don't remember the exact wording - maybe during the first 30 days?).

I think you will be happy with either one
wink.gif

Will

May 6, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #224 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Decisions, decisions .....

Buy both. You can always sell the TF's if you don't like them, and the FreQs have a warranty - they will refund most of the purchase price if you are not satisfied (although I don't remember the exact wording - maybe during the first 30 days?).

I think you will be happy with either one
wink.gif

Will

Good thoughts. The new musicmakers line is interesting too, may want to follow this thread to see how this develops.

May 6, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #225 of 9,690
If there's one thing besides source that matters a lot to these IEMs it's the tips being used.

For example, right now I'm alternating between medium Shure Soft Flex tips and the large stock flanges, and I'm finding though I can get a seal with both, the Soft Flex tips insert deeper into my ear and make it sound more closed in with less air and soundstage, but bass is stronger. With the large stock single flanged tips, there's a greater sense of space, and it sounds a bit more laid back but the sound is still very musical. The highs become a bit more crisp but also a bit more piercing at times. I still prefer this configuration, though, because I value the out-of-head sound experience highly.

I'm thinking it has to do with two things: 1) depth of insertion, and 2) the size of the sound holes in the eartips. The Shure Soft Flex tips go deeper into my ear canal (more like normal IEMs) and also have a smaller sound hole which may interfere with the dual-bore technology. Meanwhile, the stock single flanges, which I'm sure were designed to have a pretty big sound hole so that both bores of each nozzle are not impeded from sending the sound waves out and naturally mixing in the ear canals. The soundstage effect is further enhanced by the fact that because the earphones aren't inserted as deep, there is more space between the ear drum and the nozzle for the sound to resonate, which probably also explains why I can feel more of the pumping air with strong bass in this configuration.

I'm too tired right now to proofread what I just wrote so I hope it made sense to someone.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back