Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 30, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #9,616 of 9,690
Hi, i scanned through this thread and based on what i read, if i am looking for a TF10 similar earphone (doesn't need to be an upgrade, just similar), currently would be Fischer Amps FA 3/4 E XB, followed by Westone W30?

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #9,617 of 9,690
Hi, i scanned through this thread and based on what i read, if i am looking for a TF10 similar earphone (doesn't need to be an upgrade, just similar), currently would be Fischer Amps FA 3/4 E XB, followed by Westone W30?

What is your main source device for the T.F10 and what ear tips are you using?

The FA-4E XB is noticeably thicker/warmer sounding in the mids.

Don't know about the W30, but believe it has more of a mid-bassy than a sub-bassy bottom end.

If you can get a good fit and seal with it, imvho the Audio Technica ATH-IM03 would be a great choice - overall rather close to the T.F10, but with less distant/"hollow" mids and a somewhat tamed, less metallic treble in comparison. And larger soundstage with more precise imaging.

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #9,618 of 9,690
I was in a similar fix when my TF10's broke. I got the UE900s as a replacement and they are a perfect upgrade replacement. You'd do good to give them a try.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #9,620 of 9,690
After many years the custom cables I had, not the tf10's, failed. A pin snapped, lodging itself in the earpiece. Contacted the cable guy, and he offered to sell me more cable along with another set of tf10's he had laying around! H'yeah, THAT'S the solution, pay more money to a guy who's product already failed once, catastrophically! He actually said I was fortunate the cables lasted as long as they did, should add that as an advertising slogan! Anyways, after doing a search HERE I wound up with, and am VERY satisfied with my Dunu DN1000's. Very heavily praised at their original pricepoint, they sell for much less now, really a no-brainer.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #9,621 of 9,690
After many years the custom cables I had, not the tf10's, failed. A pin snapped, lodging itself in the earpiece. Contacted the cable guy, and he offered to sell me more cable along with another set of tf10's he had laying around! H'yeah, THAT'S the solution, pay more money to a guy who's product already failed once, catastrophically! He actually said I was fortunate the cables lasted as long as they did, should add that as an advertising slogan! Anyways, after doing a search HERE I wound up with, and am VERY satisfied with my Dunu DN1000's. Very heavily praised at their original pricepoint, they sell for much less now, really a no-brainer.
Who did you buy the cable from, if I may ask.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #9,622 of 9,690
Hijodelbrx's cable was made before august 2013 over 4 years ago. i was subcontracted to do all of HPLaudio(chris_himself) cables between 2008-aug 2013 so i made the cable. at that time there were no aftermarket tf10 connectors or any way to make with the over lip so they were flush fit only which is not as strong. yes, if you bend the .75mm pins enough they eventually can snap off.
i offered him advice on how to get pin out if there was any part sticking out but he destroyed the socket.
i offered to fix cable with new style over lip connectors for my min $20 shipped.
i offered an under 2 hour use tf10 with a custom $252 retail occ silver type 2 litz cable for $200. yes, for both tf10 and the new custom cable.
i told him he could reshell thru inearz in florida as he lives in florida.
yes i told him for the cable to give him 4 years of use was definitely fortunate as many tf10 owners know pins do break. he bought the cable USED in 2013
here's his post from may 2015:
So often I've read about cable failure with the TF10's. I don't think looking for a cheap solution is the way to go. I myself have gone thru the original plus 2 fiio's. I finally got myself a used set of custom cables made by Headphone Lounge (HPL) 2 yrs ago and they've worked perfectly. TF10's aren't low-fi cheapo earbuds. If you owned a sports car, would you be looking for the cheapest tires available? Like any quality audio gear, TF10's scale well when used with other quality components. There are many who feel cables don't affect sound quality but there are other reasons like build quality and better materials that should be factored into the mix. For me it boiled down to spending a little money a bunch of times vs. spending more once!
i am and always have been upfront and honest with every customer whether they purchased from chris or me or bought used.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #9,623 of 9,690
Hijodelbrx's cable was made before august 2013 over 4 years ago. i was subcontracted to do all of HPLaudio(chris_himself).....

Wassup Ted! 1st off let me say I had NO intention of identifying the cable manufacturer, if that was my intent, I would've done so in my original post. Absolutely everything you said is 100% true, but so is everything I said. I felt than, and still do, that it would've been nuts to spend more money on a product I had a negative experience with. That said, until it failed, it was a superior product that I considered a 'system' with my tf10's, and you've always been a gentleman. Hope you can understand my POV but regardless, I'm out.....

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #9,624 of 9,690
Wassup Ted! 1st off let me say I had NO intention of identifying the cable manufacturer, if that was my intent, I would've done so in my original post. Absolutely everything you said is 100% true, but so is everything I said. I felt than, and still do, that it would've been it would've been nuts to spend more money on a product I had a negative experience with. That said, until it failed, it was a superior product that I considered a 'system' with my tf10's, and you've always been a gentleman. Hope you can understand my POV but regardless, I'm out.....
no worries i only wanted to explain and i have no issue with you at all. i stand by my work and have no issue putting it publicly on this thread. alohas

May 7, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #9,626 of 9,690
IMG_7555.jpg

Just got myself a pair of these, used but in mint condition for €20 with eBay auctions... I'm very curious to try these "now-almost-vintage-high-end-IEM" (never did even though I could).

Jul 19, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #9,627 of 9,690
Hi all,

Haven't been posting here in a while. Good to see that these old gems are still getting love!
I've been playing around with full-sized cans for the past few years mostly, but now looking into IEM's again (big cans and an office setting don't always mix well).

My last high-end IEM's were the Westone W4R, which I've sold a bit over a year ago. Now I've been looking at the UE 900s, Shure SE535 & SE846 (although the latter is way expensive), Ibasso IEM's and even the Fiio F9 Pro. However, I stumbled upon an old pari of TF10's (which I've loved in the past; I was definitely in the TF10's camp with the whole SE530 vs TF10 discussions years ago).

Now, for my question: the cable on my TF10's broke and I have a replacement fitted now (my brother did this when he owned them, no clue which cable it is). What's the best bang-for-buck cable for these puppies? I don't want to spend too much dough on them though.

And as for the experience with these so far; superb! Fit is a bit cumbersome still, but sound wise they can still compete in the current space as far as I can judge. Their age-old competitor (SE535) is still on the market and I think I still love the TF10's more.

Thanks guys! :D

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #9,628 of 9,690
Hi all,

Haven't been posting here in a while. Good to see that these old gems are still getting love!
I've been playing around with full-sized cans for the past few years mostly, but now looking into IEM's again (big cans and an office setting don't always mix well).

My last high-end IEM's were the Westone W4R, which I've sold a bit over a year ago. Now I've been looking at the UE 900s, Shure SE535 & SE846 (although the latter is way expensive), Ibasso IEM's and even the Fiio F9 Pro. However, I stumbled upon an old pari of TF10's (which I've loved in the past; I was definitely in the TF10's camp with the whole SE530 vs TF10 discussions years ago).

Now, for my question: the cable on my TF10's broke and I have a replacement fitted now (my brother did this when he owned them, no clue which cable it is). What's the best bang-for-buck cable for these puppies? I don't want to spend too much dough on them though.

And as for the experience with these so far; superb! Fit is a bit cumbersome still, but sound wise they can still compete in the current space as far as I can judge. Their age-old competitor (SE535) is still on the market and I think I still love the TF10's more.

Thanks guys! :D

I've had pretty good luck with Null Audio. They make a great cable (sound wise and aesthetics) for a bargain price.

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #9,630 of 9,690
Hello, I'm looking for a cable to replace the stock cable that went bad on my TF10's. I saw these cables on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Aud...5OfpMVZdKphAggNKK1xg:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Does anyone have experience with these? I don't mind paying more for the cables (up to $50, maybe more if worthwhile) since I'd rather have cables that last and won't be prone to the pins breaking inside the IEMs. Located in the USA by the way.

I plan to look thru the thread to see recommendations but figured I'd post in case someone has some quick insight to share. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back