Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #8,866 of 9,690
I got rid of two older sansa players (e260 and fuze v1) and even ditched some other stuff to save for the upcoming Fiio x5 dap equipped with two 64gb microsdxc cards for budget or two 128gb for maximum aviable right now this would be a good idea overall

I had X5 for 10 days during a recent preview tour, I was able to try it with TF10. It's a good pairing. I still think the best I've heard a TF10 was with Colorfly CK4 / C&C BH / SPC cable we source from an eBay seller called tyaudio. As I've said the synergy with TF10 / BH using its LF switch really agrees with many people.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #8,867 of 9,690
I had X5 for 10 days during a recent preview tour, I was able to try it with TF10. It's a good pairing. I still think the best I've heard a TF10 was with Colorfly CK4 / C&C BH / SPC cable we source from an eBay seller called tyaudio. As I've said the synergy with TF10 / BH using its LF switch really agrees with many people.

I do own the PA2V2 (LM4881) equiped with 2x Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargable battery 2000mAh battery last at least 100 hours or up to 130 on "lower" volumes
and a cMoy (LM4562NA) equiped Ansmann MaxE 9V-Block Akku 300 mAh (it a germany brand but could be found generally in Europe) battery life is okay on this amp its about 60 hours per battery, since I have two in roation i am practically never out of battery.. I also used it stationary with a 24V psu for my pc.

I dont think I will add another portable amp? or is the BH2 really just so good? what opamp does the magic in this particular amp?

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #8,868 of 9,690

I do own the PA2V2 (LM4881) equiped with 2x Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargable battery 2000mAh battery last at least 100 hours or up to 130 on "lower" volumes
and a cMoy (LM4562NA) equiped Ansmann MaxE 9V-Block Akku 300 mAh (it a germany brand but could be found generally in Europe) battery life is okay on this amp its about 60 hours per battery, since I have two in roation i am practically never out of battery.. I also used it stationary with a 24V psu for my pc.

I dont think I will add another portable amp? or is the BH2 really just so good? what opamp does the magic in this particular amp?

I don't know what Opamp BH uses, you'd need to ask someone like ClieOS. :) 

Mar 22, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #8,869 of 9,690
Hey guys, I'm a huge lurker here. I'd like to buy some better cables for my TF10, mainly for comfort, and I don't want to spend a lot. I've heard that the UE custom cables are pretty good for the $30 cost. Are there better options for that price? If not, I want to get the pre-2010 cables, correct?

Also, I could use some good tips. I have ears that are hard to fit. The flip mod helped some, but my left ear has had surgery that has made it strange to seal in my canal. Any recommendations in tips that might help me would be amazing!

Thanks guys.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #8,870 of 9,690
Tips are very personal, you have to try a few to see what works for you.  I like the Monster Gel Supertips and the standard monster silicone tips.  The UE bi-flange tips also work for me, but none of the other UE tip fit my ears well.  The Sony Hybrids are also a favorite around here.  When you buy them, be careful of fakes on eBay.

>

Apr 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #8,874 of 9,690
I ordered some Sony hybrids for now since I had an unused gift card.

Any opinions on a budget cable?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I ordered this cable from sunricky, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Plated-upgrade-cable-for-Ultimate-Ears-UE-TF10-10pro-sf-5-sf3-5pro-/261399354798?pt=US_Music_Mixed_Lots_Other_Formats&hash=item3cdc9d9dae  It fits really well, there is no microphonics, works both with wearing the TF10's the traditional way or flip mod. For tips I use the Shure Olives, Sony Hybrids, and most recently, the triple flange from Meelectronics. I like the triple flange best for isolation.

Apr 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #8,875 of 9,690
^ Yeah, I got the same cables. Here is my 2 cents on them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/309321/ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-appreciation-thread/8715#post_10215265

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #8,877 of 9,690
  Are the stock cables that bad? Or do people just upgrade them because they have worn them out?

In my opinion, they're that bad. Like I said in my review of the $17 aftermarket cables, I could finally get a good seal on TF10s, when I couldn't before with stock cables. I've tried at least a dozen different ear tips from 4 different manufacturers and used the flip method to wear the TF10. Nothing worked. The stock cables would push the shell out of my ears after a minute or so and I would constantly have to readjust them. It got to a point where I just gave up and stopped listening to my TF10.

Before I decided to sell them on eBay, I gave the sunricky cables a shot. Boy, was I glad I did. They fit my ears now and I get a proper seal, even if it still sticks out of my ears slightly. The sound is also smoother and the highs aren't as piercing to my ears as with stock cables. Seriously, before anyone gives up on their TF10, they need to buy those cables and try them out. You don't need to spend $50-$100+ on cables either. Sure, if you got the money, go for it. But the $17 cables is more than enough for me.

I think I'll eventually get a custom mold for my TF10, but I'm in no rush to do it. 

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #8,878 of 9,690
Hey guys, I'm a huge lurker here. I'd like to buy some better cables for my TF10, mainly for comfort, and I don't want to spend a lot. I've heard that the UE custom cables are pretty good for the $30 cost. Are there better options for that price? If not, I want to get the pre-2010 cables, correct?

Also, I could use some good tips. I have ears that are hard to fit. The flip mod helped some, but my left ear has had surgery that has made it strange to seal in my canal. Any recommendations in tips that might help me would be amazing!

Thanks guys.

aside from ebay..you may want to look into cable from effect audio too..i bought the Apollo cable from effect audio and it far more better than the stock which is stiff~

see the picture of the apollo cable with my tf10..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back