Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #8,821 of 9,690
Hmmm, I might look into investing into it.  That and a UE cIEM cable or other might be a great way to preserver these IEMs for a lot longer.

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #8,822 of 9,690
i dont think that'd work.  ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck.  and i tried a needle..... it wont budge.  There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.

Edit:  Success!  decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade!  muahahahahahaha!

Great job done......glad i was partly responsible to bring out the spirit in you (to try lately) and rest to exacto knife.....:wink:

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #8,823 of 9,690
Just found that after looking on the site.  Maybe it passed me, too, but where are they located?  That's not a terrible price at all...

Yeah they are cheapest in conus but add some $$ for impressions......find out the cheapest thru ur network to get cheapest audiologist or you can buy the self impression kit urself and send them...its easy and saves u a lot.

Feb 18, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #8,824 of 9,690
All it needs is a soldering job done and fix the plastic with super glue......little patience is required but can be easily fixed. If you are not able to do that and budget permits you can re-shell it. Or you can find if somebody selling just that earpiece alone or broken pair sort thru ebay,craigslist or ur local classified.........or you can get rid off and if you are offered good for the present condition and invest on something else.(iem)........

I think im going to join the cool club and get the reshelled :D Any advice or suggestions? This will be my first time. I think someone here mentioned Fisher is good and cheap?

Feb 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #8,827 of 9,690

I think im going to join the cool club and get the reshelled :D Any advice or suggestions? This will be my first time. I think someone here mentioned Fisher is good and cheap?

Fisher is by far the best in reshelling imo.  The price might go up since they'd have to ship international.

But they do damn good work.  Artwork, custom plates and all that will bring up the price of course.  I've had both my reshells done by them over the years and always recommend them. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #8,828 of 9,690
There's no restrictions as to location right? As I'm currently situated in UK for 6 months. So it's still okay for me to send it to the US?

Yes theres no problem between transits and customs.....but there might be a slight hike in S/H charges based on your choice,as its an intl destination. Go with the cheapest like usps for return shipment, than fedex or ups or dhl. Just query them about cheap and safe carrier they use most to EU destinations as well.peace of mind.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #8,832 of 9,690
The TF10 rocks with the X5. The X5 pushes the TF10 mids forward and give it unbelievable authority. The best part is that it is the TF10s that are holding the X5 back so the X5 has more SQ to give as you upgrade headphones. Here is an excerpt from my X5 review:

"The TF10 pair very well with the X5 and sound better than I have heard them sound before. What is interesting with the TF10/X5 pairing is that the mids are pushed way forward to take center stage where they are normally somewhat recessed with a V shaped signature. The mids are really outstanding with this combo. I never felt the need to amp the TF10 with my prior setups as the TF10s don’t really require it, but the power of the X5 is giving them real authority that they don’t typically have. The sound stage isn’t enlarged that much with the X5 showing a weakness in the TF10s, but it is much more believable with the X5 with larger sized performers and much more realistic sounding instruments. The other place the TF10 is showing its limitations is with clarity and the associated detail. While they have never sounded so clear before, the TF10 is not a NT6pro nor a LCD2 or an LCDX. So while the X5 is holding the TF10 to new heights, the TF10 is holding down the X5. Regardless, I would still chose to pair the TF10s just to enjoy those great mids, wow."

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x5-high-res-portable-music-player/reviews/10579

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #8,834 of 9,690
Just wanted to give InEarz and the whole crew at Fisher Hearing my highest compliments with regards to customer service. I had to have a few repairs done and the turn around as well as the quality of service was impeccable. Thanks again you all.

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #8,835 of 9,690
There's no restrictions as to location right? As I'm currently situated in UK for 6 months. So it's still okay for me to send it to the US?

Don't know if it's too late for this, but Cosmic Ears do a reshell of the TF10 and they are based in Sweden. As they are in the EU you wouldn't have to pay taxes either. It's about £12 to ship isf with a tracking number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back