Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #8,806 of 9,690
Hey guys,

Require some help here. Had my TF10s for 3 years and I love them, but recently I accidentally broke off the wire for one the earpieces. The clear bit (as seen in the photo) was stuck onto the two little bits sticking out of the cable and so I could see the two wires connected to the actually earpiece. I know this wasn't right as you should be able to pull out the earpiece with the clear bit still connected with the earpiece. So I tried separating the cable and the clear piece but in the process, accidentally used too much force and broke the two wires off. Basically the photo is the end result of the incident. The red and green wire is stuck inside the earpiece and I know...I'm a horrible person :frowning2: I'm probably the only person to have done such a terrible thing to this amazing thing.

Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs?

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #8,808 of 9,690
  Hey guys,

Require some help here. Had my TF10s for 3 years and I love them, but recently I accidentally broke off the wire for one the earpieces. The clear bit (as seen in the photo) was stuck onto the two little bits sticking out of the cable and so I could see the two wires connected to the actually earpiece. I know this wasn't right as you should be able to pull out the earpiece with the clear bit still connected with the earpiece. So I tried separating the cable and the clear piece but in the process, accidentally used too much force and broke the two wires off. Basically the photo is the end result of the incident. The red and green wire is stuck inside the earpiece and I know...I'm a horrible person :frowning2: I'm probably the only person to have done such a terrible thing to this amazing thing.

Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs?

you might be able to get it fixed but i dunno of anyplace in the UK.

Also, if you do remold it. let me know as I have a right ear piece that has a stuck pin in one of the sockets and I could use your good right iem.  

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #8,809 of 9,690
Hey guys,

Is this fixable? And will it cost a lot? I'm currently situated in Birmingham, UK. Does anyone know of any earphone/headphone repair shops? Or do you think it's better to just buy a new set of IEMs

All it needs is a soldering job done and fix the plastic with super glue......little patience is required but can be easily fixed. If you are not able to do that and budget permits you can re-shell it. Or you can find if somebody selling just that earpiece alone or broken pair sort thru ebay,craigslist or ur local classified.........or you can get rid off and if you are offered good for the present condition and invest on something else.(iem)........

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #8,810 of 9,690
you might be able to get it fixed but i dunno of anyplace in the UK.

Also, if you do remold it. let me know as I have a right ear piece that has a stuck pin in one of the sockets and I could use your good right iem.  

Try to pull out using a safety pin or thumb tacker as they have sharp pointer....just wiggle from bottom to top and you shd be good.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #8,811 of 9,690
Try to pull out using a safety pin or thumb tacker as they have sharp pointer....just wiggle from bottom to top and you shd be good.

i dont think that'd work.  ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck.  and i tried a needle..... it wont budge.  There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.

Edit:  Success!  decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade!  muahahahahahaha!

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #8,812 of 9,690

i dont think that'd work.  ive tried with my exacto knife and its stuck.  and i tried a needle..... it wont budge.  There isnt any piece sticking out...its pretty much flush with the socket.

Edit:  Success!  decided to just go to town with a new heavy duty exacto knife blade!  muahahahahahaha!

Good job, now that you have that amazing feeling of accomplishment, get them reshelled so you can be part of the cool kids crowd.
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #8,813 of 9,690

Good job, now that you have that amazing feeling of accomplishment, get them reshelled so you can be part of the cool kids crowd.
beerchug.gif

lol what?  

Naw, I have two CIEMS already, cheaper for me to not.  If I couldn't get them reshelled.  Then yeah, I would have done it

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #8,814 of 9,690
  Some more info.

the thing about sound quality improvement is most comes from occ process compared to purity.thats a quote from neotech
they say purity has little to do with sound quality. 
toxic etc has its minions/shills pushing purity numbers as THE  reason for sound improvements when its not, plus serious doubts of what the real purity is

No one in this 588 pages thread who can make a bid for a good occ processed cable ????

Thanks for your time in advance

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #8,817 of 9,690
Who do you guys recommend for reshelling?  I've seen one place that quoted $299.  Is that the normal going rate for it?  

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #8,818 of 9,690
Who do you guys recommend for reshelling?  I've seen one place that quoted $299.  Is that the normal going rate for it?  

Fisher does it for 95

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #8,819 of 9,690
Fisher does it for 95

Just found that after looking on the site.  Maybe it passed me, too, but where are they located?  That's not a terrible price at all...

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #8,820 of 9,690

Just found that after looking on the site.  Maybe it passed me, too, but where are they located?  That's not a terrible price at all...

Florida. There is someone on ebay also doing them for slghtly more money, they kinda copied the Inearz name. They call themselves Inearcustoms. They are also in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back