Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #8,911 of 9,690
  Mine did, but they went too deep for me, they hurt!  I do use the large single flange silicones, flip-modded for the win!:wink:  To the poster that was using Comply tips to try to get the TF10's to stay put, and than tried the 'f-mod' (for the win!:wink:.  You might want to give the silicones another try now that you're using the mod.  I know there's tons of fans of the complys, but I've read an equal amount of opinions stating that the complys blur the sound somewhat, dulling highs and lows.  I'm firmly in this camp.  I mean, look at the comply tips, little chunks of compressed foam placed between the drivers and your ears.  How can they NOT affect the sound quality?  There's an old audio axiom about improving sound quality being like removing levels of dirt from a window, the more dirt removed, the better you can see/hear.  Some audiophiliacs believe in removing the grills from their speakers in an effort to 'clean up' or maximize sound quality!  Kinda makes sense that anything placed between speakers/drivers and your ears will diminish the sound quality.  I used to own SP5's (TF10's little brother) and I used to use comply tips, tellyawhat, I did NOT like how funky those suckas would look after extended use!

I've been using complys for that exact reason, and yes when I first switched to the complys I could definitely hear a difference, mostly in the trebles - much flatter. Also, those light grey coloured ones that come with the TF10's, they get discoloured fairly quickly once you start to use them - fairly off-putting. Eventually both pairs that came with mine tore, so I ordered more from the comply website, and those were dark grey and much nicer, but still impact the sound in a similar way. It took a while to adjust to the difference, but compared to constantly adjusting the TF10's in my ears to stop them from falling out, it was worth it. I've brought silicon tips with me to work this morning (I think they're actually from my now broken pair of UE700's, white translucent ones that are slightly more grippy than the black ones that came with the TF10's and my favourite silicon tips that I've tried to date), I'll try them on the way home, hopefully the f-mod will help them stay in place!

EDIT: Tried those white silicon tips, still didn't stay, but when they did, wow, what have I been missing out on! So when I got home, I went digging, found some old sony spare tips (not with foam or anything, these were from a cheap set), crammed them onto the TF10's with a little persuasion, and they fit and stay like a dream, thank you for making me go try silicon tips again 
etysmile.gif

May 6, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #8,914 of 9,690
I used to own the TF10 but now i'm thinking about coming back to it...

Some questions to TF owners :

1.  Is iPhone 4 with its ultra low output  impedance enough to power TF10 with authority?
2.  What cable(s) do you recommend to tame the bass and bring mids slightly forward?
3. TF10 debuted 8 years ago... now in 2014 how does compare to newer multi drivers like Sony XBA and Audio Technica IM series?

May 6, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #8,915 of 9,690
Oh wow never thought of this...would be very interested in a triple driver shootout if anyone has access to the XBA3, IM03, TF10, and W30.
I used to own the TF10 but now i'm thinking about coming back to it...

Some questions to TF owners :

1.  Is iPhone 4 with its ultra low output  impedance enough to power TF10 with authority?
2.  What cable(s) do you recommend to tame the bass and bring mids slightly forward?
3. TF10 debuted 8 years ago... now in 2014 how does compare to newer multi drivers like Sony XBA and Audio Technica IM series?

May 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #8,918 of 9,690
My TF10s are still going strong. I purchased Weston 4s and listened to them for an entire 10 day vacation. After the vacation they went back into the box and back to amazon. I missed the TF10s so much and I was wondering why I paid almost twice as much for iems that are just so much less, well lets say Fun!

The only gripe, as said many times before is the cable. Its hard to buy one that fits well and wont break for a reasonable price. I can attest to http://www.artemiscables.com/ (still under construction) being a great bang for the buck. I purchased one of their cables from ebay a while back for about 100$. It is sleeved as well with a high quality nylon that shows no signs of even the slightest fraying. It looks the same as the day I bought it and I use them every day.  It appears they have nothing for sale currently on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/usr/artemiscables?_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754), but it appears that they are growing and hopefully the website takes off. Just a suggestion for anyone looking for a quality aftermarket cable that will stay around your ear. 

May 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #8,919 of 9,690
It is very personal to compare earphones. But I find Sony XBA-30 more pleasant to
listen. The separation is bigger, the bass is less emphasized. It is more pleasant with
any kind of music.
Nevertheless, the UE TF 10 (I actually have their twin UE TF 15, which I think was
UE trying to get rid of their drivers in the chinese market through re-labeling with minimal
change of cord) are also really wonderful.

May 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #8,920 of 9,690
It is very personal to compare earphones. But I find Sony XBA-30 more pleasant to
listen. The separation is bigger, the bass is less emphasized. It is more pleasant with
any kind of music.
Nevertheless, the UE TF 10 (I actually have their twin UE TF 15, which I think was
UE trying to get rid of their drivers in the chinese market through re-labeling with minimal
change of cord) are also really wonderful.
sry, what do you mean by tf15?

May 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #8,921 of 9,690
sry, what do you mean by tf15?

A couple of years ago, Logitech were selling a version of Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 in China by
the name of Triplefi 15vm. 

See:
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-logitech-ue-triplefi-15vm-.html

This is the one I have (I bought them in Nanjing for around $200, perhaps $225).
Except for a one button remote with microphone, which would work equally for
Android and iphone, I believe they are identical to UE TF10.

May 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #8,923 of 9,690
Getting my iem converted to ciems from cosmicears with all the extras will be putting up pics when i get them :) love the Sound. now looking for som light weight and i meen LIGHT weight closed cans for even better sound that are around ears with the triple Sound i mind anyone that can point me in the right directions for some good ones ? I listen to rap, rock and pop mostly.
Thanks in advance for all your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back