Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #8,761 of 9,690
  Even though that Cadence cable is up from the promo price, isn't it still  the lowest priced silver cable you can buy? I haven't priced pure silver at all.

As far as silver cables goes it's rather cheap yes. It also varies on wire purity, for example the silver wire comes in different purity levels such as 5N, 6N, 7N,  it can be solid core or soft wire, the gauging is different, this all changes the cost. Though I do believe that pure silver cable I listed will perform well you just don't know until you try with your earphone and your gear. I have a $400 Tralucent pure silver cable here for my original 1Plus2 I absolutely love the look of, but it doesn't do what I want for the sound. Instead of lifting the tonality a touch brighter this cable (in my combination) makes the mids to smooth. The soundstage is wonderful and the headstage expands but I miss crisp edge I get from a $60 silver plated cable. So it goes to show that price isn't everything in cables and it seems there's trade off's. I'd rather go for a smaller stage because I like that crisp edge in detail more.

Tralucent cable. (as you can see it's gorgeous) 

I would of course try the most expensive (if I didn't need to pay) but really anything over $150 is taking a gamble IMO. Unless I demo it first.

If anyone wants a good performing cable at a great price, I have never found better than this 6N silver plated cable, which I have bought several times on eBay for a variety of my IEM. it cost only $50 and performs very well. Everyone I recommend this to also is pleased once they receive it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6N-OFHC-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-triple-fi-10-SF-3-5-5EB-/221360640476?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item338a1f51dc&_uhb=1

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #8,763 of 9,690
  It is a little low on the description side of things. Heck even the cheap cables on ebay talk about what the cable does for the sound.

You could try messaging him and asking what the purity is, you can see it's soft wire, (not solid core)

If I was just a TF10 owner (and no other IEM) I would go ahead and try one for us, but it's not worth it for me when I have 1Plus2 and RDB Mini. Maybe someone will take the leap of faith for us. Maybe their name will be Watagump.

Mmh, that fabulous blue sheathing......... 

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #8,764 of 9,690

You could try messaging him and asking what the purity is, you can see it's soft wire, (not solid core)

If I was just a TF10 owner (and no other IEM) I would go ahead and try one for us, but it's not worth it for me when I have 1Plus2 and RDB Mini. Maybe someone will take the leap of faith for us. Maybe their name will be Watagump.

Mmh, that fabulous blue sheathing......... 

I did think about asking that and whether it has memory wire, the pictures with them bent makes me think it does under the gorgeous BLUE.

Feb 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #8,768 of 9,690

so i guess its time to send inearz more wood since i was told they didn't have what some customers wanted.
sorry about that, will sand some pieces and send asap

Customers as in me?
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #8,770 of 9,690
  ebay seller responded to my question.

This cable has a ear guide installed. Does not have the metal wire inside. It's much more comfortable.
Purity is greater than 3 nines.

I have no idea what he means by greater than 3 nines.

I can tell you the ear guides will be a silicon  tubing similar to this cable below, they work well. if you lightly heat them then wear them they will  mould exactly to your ear.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #8,771 of 9,690

I have no idea what he means by greater than 3 nines.

I can tell you the ear guides will be a silicon  tubing similar to this cable below, they work well. if you lightly heat them then wear them they will  mould exactly to your ear.

Well my cable guy says 4n is standard so he feels the ebay guys is being honest.

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #8,773 of 9,690
  Maybe greater than 3 nines is greater than 99.9%

I must ask someone with more cable knowledge this question

See if you can find out mate what he means, as I've not heard the term 'nines' used before, only 5N,6N,7N etc. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #8,775 of 9,690
I was on the right track, from my cable guy.

99.98% purity the other thing about affinity cables is teflon insulation is highly microphonic and adding it inside of techflex (blue sleeve) massively adds even more microphonics
it has an odd strand count.
not OCC either i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back