Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 27, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #8,717 of 9,690
I think if UE would've added another stock cable just like they include with UE900.....most of the cable replacements happens to TF10 atleast 6 months to 1 year cycle than any other brands/models like westone for eg: IMO. Nice cable and pictures. TY H20!!!

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #8,718 of 9,690
I got dark lord cables from sunricky a little over a year ago and they died today in the left side. Anyone know if he will offer any kind of warranty/repair/replacement after a bit over a year, or should I not even bother?

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #8,719 of 9,690
I got dark lord cables from sunricky a little over a year ago and they died today in the left side. Anyone know if he will offer any kind of warranty/repair/replacement after a bit over a year, or should I not even bother?

I doubt it. May be a little over past its warranty period , say a week or two , might be possible. But did you send an email already ? If not wait for some response to flow from others ........then send.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #8,720 of 9,690
I doubt it. May be a little over past its warranty period , say a week or two , might be possible. But did you send an email already ? If not wait for some response to flow from others ........then send.

Just got a reply from him, he was willing to repair for free as long as i covered postage!
Great guy!

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #8,721 of 9,690
Just got a reply from him, he was willing to repair for free as long as i covered postage!
Great guy!

Lucky you! Post the ebay link (easy to find cable model with seller info in one place) as it might be useful for some in the future when they lurk this page.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #8,723 of 9,690
Any chance anyone has purchased this cable and have any comments? A cheap cable would be good right now. Thanks.

I just got the $17 Sunricky cables in the mail today. It took exactly 2 weeks from order date to arrive (to NY). Pretty damn fast seeing as how it's only $1 shipping (he changed it to $3 shipping) and it's being shipped from Hong Kong. Also comes with tracking info.

The cable is surprisingly thin, lightweight, and low profile, but it looks to be well-made. They are relatively tangle-free and I hear no microphonics. Fits the TF10 shell perfectly.

Compared to stock TF10 cables, they're MUCH MORE comfortable. The ear hooks are very soft, thin, and form-fitting; so it easily fit around my ears, unlike the stock cables. I can finally get a proper seal now, without having to go custom mold.

The angular jack is a little strange, as it's the first cable / IEM I've ever owned with this style of 3.5mm jack. The strain relief is a bit flexible so it looks like it'll provide enough leeway when being bent in the pocket. The red thing at the end of the jack has a metallic shine to it. Not exactly sure what it's made out of though.

I can't compare this cable to the Dark Lord version that has the much bigger 3.5mm jack and is 2x more expensive because I don't own the Dark Lord version. However, it looks almost identical to it judging from the pictures. If you need a good, cheap cable for the TF10, I'd go with these $17 ones 100%. Very pleased with this purchase so far...

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #8,727 of 9,690
How is that cable with phone cases?  I don't have a terribly big opening on my phone case (Note 3 in a Spigen TPU case) and my biggest concern is that fit.  Worst case is I might be able to shave it a bit to have it fit.

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #8,728 of 9,690
Link pls.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261345971237

How is that cable with phone cases?  I don't have a terribly big opening on my phone case (Note 3 in a Spigen TPU case) and my biggest concern is that fit.  Worst case is I might be able to shave it a bit to have it fit.

Fits my Incipio DualPro case for LG G2 just fine. Not sure about your case though.

Jan 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #8,729 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back