Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 28, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #1,681 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An amp (Kevin Gilmore dynamic amp) didn't make a difference to the sound in my case. Using a software equalizer, I found that the sound was drastically improved by creating a roudish hump centered around the 5-6 kHz frequency range. Since I couldn't believe people would rave about an earphone that had such an obvious flaw, I suspect that somehow my set might be defective (on both sides though?). I've contacted Ultimate Ears and am sending in my set for a replacement.

I got my replacement set from Ultimate Ears. The replacement came in a silver and blue box with Comply foam tips included rather than an all black box with a lower-quality foam tip. Listening for only a few minutes, I can tell that voices are now much more natural and open sounding without sounding like there's a foam wall in the way. Mid-highs are still a bit recessed, giving that sound-in-the-distance feeling and a slight lack of airiness. Nevertheless, these replacements are much better than my first set. I don't know if there was a defect in the set I initially had or if the internal design was changed. Since these still aren't perfect for me, I'll be looking forward to trying out the Sennheiser IE8 at some point.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #1,683 of 9,690
Just received my Triple Fi's today which I bought from a fellow member. First impression is that I just wish I could keep these bad boys in my ears, anyways after cramming them up in there I can hear, feel the triple fi difference. very well worth the price
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #1,684 of 9,690
after some time with TF10s, I decided it was time for them to find a new home - They had perfect fit with me, but I simply don't feel good about having something sticking in my ear.

I'm moving onto ESW10JPNs, which should be a nice upgrade.

bye bye TF10s!!

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #1,688 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol I cannot believe how much impact the triple.fi has on the bass! So much so that I can feel it hitting in my ears I thought only speakers or some damn large cans would do but
smily_headphones1.gif

you should try AD2000s
wink.gif
or L3000s, for that matter
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #1,690 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your songs will change
my songs changed completely, it felts im listening to something i never heard b4... but some songs lost the fun at first lol

yeah these lil puppies do wonders to the music. just reveal layers and little sounds unheard before.

they also expose lower bitrate mp3's big-time.

some older stuff i only have in like 128kbs non variable bit rate just sounds like ****.

i plan on purchasing the cd's or high bitrate versions of many of these tracks and doing a-b comparison now that i have these lil buds to show me why i have been ripping at 192-256 VBR for the last few years.

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #1,691 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah these lil puppies do wonders to the music. just reveal layers and little sounds unheard before.

they also expose lower bitrate mp3's big-time.

some older stuff i only have in like 128kbs non variable bit rate just sounds like ****.

i plan on purchasing the cd's or high bitrate versions of many of these tracks and doing a-b comparison now that i have these lil buds to show me why i have been ripping at 192-256 VBR for the last few years.

this is why high quality audio is a double bladed sword make great recordings sound better and bad recordings sound even worse... my home theatre rips bad quality recordings to shreds

Nov 1, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #1,692 of 9,690
I have to sell mine as well since IEMs give me an ear pain after a prolonged use and doctor suggested that I switch to headphones... but I especially loved the clear mids and the ample bass that came along with the recable.

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #1,694 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my replacement set from Ultimate Ears. The replacement came in a silver and blue box with Comply foam tips included rather than an all black box with a lower-quality foam tip. Listening for only a few minutes, I can tell that voices are now much more natural and open sounding without sounding like there's a foam wall in the way. Mid-highs are still a bit recessed, giving that sound-in-the-distance feeling and a slight lack of airiness. Nevertheless, these replacements are much better than my first set. I don't know if there was a defect in the set I initially had or if the internal design was changed. Since these still aren't perfect for me, I'll be looking forward to trying out the Sennheiser IE8 at some point.

recently i have noticed that listening to my songs, that the vocals are a little veiled. and the lows and more prominent. I am not sure if its the song or the actual headphones, because it seems to depend on the song sometimes. idk. i am a little confused.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #1,695 of 9,690
just had multiple eargasms with these through my desktop>predator. felt like I needed to post this somewhere. normally I have fit issues, but for some reason they just went in there without trouble all of a sudden, and I can't take them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back