TRN impressions thread
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #2,776 of 3,805
Any hints of BA timbre?
For the bass, no, except foam tips for more bad and it's all

Is the Macro detail balance with the micro?
-> what do you want to say?

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #2,777 of 3,805
For the bass, no, except foam tips for more bad and it's all

Is the Macro detail balance with the micro?
-> what do you want to say?
Ok got it, as you put it 4s " very very very very" detail. I was wondering the detail are in those microdetails.

Apr 20, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #2,778 of 3,805
Ok got it, as you put it 4s " very very very very" detail. I was wondering the detail are in those microdetails.
Exactly, with incredible instrument separation, you hear all instrument, all details of them,

So just incredible for charged classical track

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #2,783 of 3,805
How are the MT1's for running, and what's a recommended cable to substitute for the OG.
My MT1 has yet to arrived, so I cannot comment much now. However, based on the measurements available, it seems to have a mild boost in the upper registers, so a plain copper cable will probably be your best bet to avoid piercing highs (a common occurrence amongst budget iems). Which is perfectly fine if you're going to be using it for running, for copper cables are less costly and will free you from having to worry about your cables when you're out and about :slight_smile:

I'm not sure what the temperature and humidity is like where you are though- I'd probably refrain from using them if any moderate or higher levels of sweating is anticipated. There are specially designed water and dirt proof sports iems for that purpose, unless you view the MT1 as a disposable product- then I'd advise you to simply go for the cheapest cable you can find :confused:

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,784 of 3,805
Gawd Awful QC with the TRN MT1 I received,
about to do a KZ EDX vs TRN MTI vs QKZ VK4 and halted due to my MT1 unit having a lower/muddy volume in my left earphone

I have many KZ (25 units) , CCA ( 4 units) and TRN (3 units) , hit twice with TRN QC issues out of 3 IEMs !!! only 1 passed QC =TRN ST1
None with CCA & KZ , KZs being the most units purchased with zero issues.

TRN PLease buck up and improve your QC control, your losing customers if you carry on like this :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #2,785 of 3,805
Gawd Awful QC with the TRN MT1 I received,
about to do a KZ EDX vs TRN MTI vs QKZ VK4 and halted due to my MT1 unit having a lower/muddy volume in my left earphone

I have many KZ (25 units) , CCA ( 4 units) and TRN (3 units) , hit twice with TRN QC issues out of 3 IEMs !!! only 1 passed QC =TRN ST1
None with CCA & KZ , KZs being the most units purchased with zero issues.

TRN PLease buck up and improve your QC control, your losing customers if you carry on like this :frowning2:
I got two consecutive lemons when I bought BT20S. That's when I decided that I won't pay more than $20 to this company even if it's best possible product in the world.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #2,786 of 3,805
I got two consecutive lemons when I bought BT20S. That's when I decided that I won't pay more than $20 to this company even if it's best possible product in the world.
Thanks, @Barusu Lamperouge for sharing your own bad experiences with TRN Products, I heard from many others too in the past regarding their Poor QC, but Lo, they ( the owners) did reply in our forum in the past, that they would do better ( in regards to the TRN dishonesty with their so-called 8 cores cables and other QC issues with their many IEMs)

Seriously wanted very badly to give them a chance..esp after enjoying the TRN ST1 and their high quality 4 core braided cables ..sadly this will be my last 2 out of 3 tries / Strikes
Just too much trouble and effort for so little enjoyment and no longer would be interested to invest in their "Dyuamic Products" anymore

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #2,787 of 3,805
Thanks, @Barusu Lamperouge for sharing your own bad experiences with TRN Products, I heard from many others too in the past regarding their Poor QC, but Lo, they ( the owners) did reply in our forum in the past, that they would do better ( in regards to the TRN dishonesty with their so-called 8 cores cables and other QC issues with their many IEMs)

Seriously wanted very badly to give them a chance..esp after enjoying the TRN ST1 and their high quality 4 core braided cables ..sadly this will be my last 2 out of 3 tries / Strikes
Just too much trouble and effort for so little enjoyment and no longer would be interested to invest in their "Dyuamic Products" anymore
Ouch, that parting burn :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Indeed, ordered a pure silver 8 core cable from them and one of the cores seemed to be longer than the others- it stuck out at weird angles even though I tried several times to straighten it out

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #2,788 of 3,805

Yes. It's clear that they don't care much about QC and that's a strict no-no for me considering return is hardly an option for me and the majority on this forum.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #2,790 of 3,805
There's a new VX 2021 ed.

Got a Link?

So now there are a few variants of the TRN VX?

1) The normal one, which has equivocal reviews (might be too shouty in upper mids/treble).
2) This new TRN VX 2021 edition?
3) There was a silver looking TRN VX limited edition I saw on aliexpress previously. Think it has been all sold off.
3) The TRN Golden ears $250000 USD one? This has the same driver config, sensitivity and impedance as the regular TRN VX, so I'm hazarding a guess, it is probably the same internally (unless they are using golden Bellsing BAs and stuff inside!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back