TRN impressions thread
Apr 6, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #2,086 of 3,808
It’s the 6 and 8 core wires that have fake wires.

The 16 core cables are actually good cables.

I’d also avoid the black and yellow “Tiger” cable. The 8 core Tiger cable has overly thin gauge conductors inside the black (ground) wires, with the rest of the cable thickness being super thick rubber insulation. Kind of like a big potato chip bag having 7 chips inside, and the rest of the bag is filled with air. You’re paying for potato chips, not air.
Technically, you are paying for the bag with the expectations for the content. :)
I have few TRN 16-core T2 and one T3 (pure silver). Nothing technically wrong, but nothing impressive either. They have some smell (likely plasticizers in non-expensive PVC insulation). If you pay less - you get less.
My favourite branding of the products of the same wire factory is KB Ear. They are just a touch above (no any affiliation, just an observation from 20+ cables acquired for the audio-colour-therapy:))

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #2,087 of 3,808
I have few TRN 16-core T2 and one T3 (pure silver). Nothing technically wrong, but nothing impressive either.

Stay tuned for my analysis of the silver T3 cable within the next day :)

Update: not the next day; most likely within the next week. I’m waiting on something to arrive in the mail.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,088 of 3,808
It’s the 6 and 8 core wires that have fake wires.

The 16 core cables are actually good cables.

I’d also avoid the black and yellow “Tiger” cable. The 8 core Tiger cable has overly thin gauge conductors inside the black (ground) wires, with the rest of the cable thickness being super thick rubber insulation. Kind of like a big potato chip bag having 7 chips inside, and the rest of the bag is filled with air. You’re paying for potato chips, not air.
Thanks!!

Apr 18, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2,090 of 3,808
Gonna compare these tonight: fiio FH7, BGVP DM7, and TRN BA5. Should be fun to see just how capable these TRN are.

20200418_161037.jpg

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2,091 of 3,808
I've decided to wait for some fresh, correctly sized comply foam tips to arrive from Amazon, before I compare these earphones. I just can't get a consistent fit with my IEM's without them anymore.

Just briefly comparing all 3, I can say the BA5 and the DM7 sound quite similar. The dm7 sounds more polite in the treble than the BA5, otherwise, again, these two sound quite similar.

BA5 compared to Fiio FH7 shows more immediate differences. On its own, the FH7 can sound wide/expansive, but sounds intimate in comparison to the BA5. The BA5 sounds more lively overall, wider.

Like I said, more to come once I get some comply

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #2,092 of 3,808
I've decided to wait for some fresh, correctly sized comply foam tips to arrive from Amazon, before I compare these earphones. I just can't get a consistent fit with my IEM's without them anymore.

Just briefly comparing all 3, I can say the BA5 and the DM7 sound quite similar. The dm7 sounds more polite in the treble than the BA5, otherwise, again, these two sound quite similar.

BA5 compared to Fiio FH7 shows more immediate differences. On its own, the FH7 can sound wide/expansive, but sounds intimate in comparison to the BA5. The BA5 sounds more lively overall, wider.

Like I said, more to come once I get some comply
Looking forward to it. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #2,094 of 3,808
Another review of the TRN BA5 on Facebook with frequency response curve: (Thai)

https://www.facebook.com/notes/รีวิวหูฟังบัดเจ็ท/รีวิว-trn-ba5/718879098523610/

in addition to that it has a nice graphical summary of all characteristics in scores

open it with google chrome browser and use the on-the-fly translation to have everything in English

caveat: impressions only in combination with a custom cable from Nicehck (16-core):

>Reviewer has matched the cable with the TRN BA5 and decided to use a pure copper wire braided with 16 of NiceHCK in this review. Therefore, please readers that understand that The commentary and diagnosis of the points in this review are mainly based on the sound received from the use of this cable.
I love the sound of theTai language and the script is beautiful.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #2,095 of 3,808
Positive accolades doesn't really rain on one's parade.... I would agree that the BA5 are well worth the $50. The point of the comparison was to surmise how well they performed against more expensive sets. The verdict is that they hold up very very well. Besides a little hotness in the uppers, nothing to complain about. The build is very satisfying as well.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #2,096 of 3,808
Positive accolades doesn't really rain on one's parade.... I would agree that the BA5 are well worth the $50. The point of the comparison was to surmise how well they performed against more expensive sets. The verdict is that they hold up very very well. Besides a little hotness in the uppers, nothing to complain about. The build is very satisfying as well.
Ok, bro. Cheers...

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #2,097 of 3,808
Where is the comparison? Did I miss it in the thread? Thanks

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #2,100 of 3,808
Someone bought the H2 model recently? Just a few opinions available online, and i can't decide to buy it or not.
If you prefer warmer sound TRN IM2 is for the same price with same DD, shell and 1 BA extra. If you like brighter and more detailed sound, but less bassy, then TRN ST1 is here. And if you dont like hybrids, then everyone recommends for QKZ VK4, or BLON-03. That's probably why almost no one buys H2.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back