TRN impressions thread
Apr 28, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #2,101 of 3,805
If you prefer warmer sound TRN IM2 is for the same price with same DD, shell and 1 BA extra. If you like brighter and more detailed sound, but less bassy, then TRN ST1 is here. And if you dont like hybrids, then everyone recommends for QKZ VK4, or BLON-03. That's probably why almost no one buys H2.
Still strange that it isn't on the official TRN site, and no one got a sample to review it.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #2,102 of 3,805
Okay guys, I have already informed TRN to produce a short instructional video on how to pair and troubleshoot the new BT20S (aptX version). It will be in Chinese but I guess most of you can roughly figure it out yourself. After all, visual is always better than verbal. Ming will forward the video to me and I will post it on my YouTube channel.
Just received the Trn Ba5. Excellent tuning. Plenty of bass, excellent mids. The treble is good without sibilants. Detail with a large soundstage is hard to do. Thanks!

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #2,104 of 3,805
Sup guys, new to this thread, I had this trn t3 cable for a few months now and I would say it has major qc issues, my unit has a loose connection on the left side, also that transparent plastic thingy is kinda broken (as you can see in the pic below) and the color indicators, that blue and red got removed on its own, its like melted rubber that can be remove very easily, the overall finish isnt that good also, had visible scratches already ootb, also its a short cable, bummer.
20200501_084023.jpg

Soundwise I think it benefited from burn in, iirc it is somewhat bright, but now it sounded close to neutral with vocals a bit laid back, soundstage is wide with great instrument separation and detail retrieval is good.

Just wanna know if you guys also have this qc issues with the t3.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #2,107 of 3,805
Hi there!

I just got my TRN-V90 and thought I'd read the included user manual but I seem to need help regarding the burn-in instructions
20200505_191303a.jpg
part
Have a look at page 7, is this for real?
Anyone having experience with burning these in and how to go about it, please explain it in simple terms cause the part on page 6 that reads 'TRN with the latest simple way to burn. Complete burn process can be!' is beyond my powers of understanding.

Any help greatly appreciated.

May 5, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #2,108 of 3,805
New stuff

C461EB18-083D-4641-B7C2-57783D5A0567.jpeg

Looks like a Shouer Singer, just with different driver config. The Singer had some ugly long paragraphs of words on the shell though LOL.

May 5, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #2,109 of 3,805
Looks like a Shouer Singer, just with different driver config. The Singer had some ugly long paragraphs of words on the shell though LOL.

I personally hate ANY words on my shells, other than L and R indicators.

Just like this new TRN - I don't need my IEMs to say "HYBRID TECHNOLOGY" and "D1D+BA1" on it, any more than I need my house to say "BEDROOMS 3+ BATHROOMS 2" and "CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY" in giant letters on the front.

May 5, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #2,110 of 3,805

Just like this new TRN - I don't need my IEMs to say "HYBRID TECHNOLOGY" and "D1D+BA1" on it, any more than I need my house to say "BEDROOMS 3+ BATHROOMS 2" and "CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY" in giant letters on the front.

LOL then u will hate the Shouer Singer. It literally has a fairy tale emblazzoned on the shell:

Capture.PNG

Not as bad as this new TRN, but I agree with u on the wording spoiling the asthetics of the shell haha.

May 5, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #2,111 of 3,805

Hahaha when you put it like that....

May 5, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #2,112 of 3,805
Hi there!

I just got my TRN-V90 and thought I'd read the included user manual but I seem to need help regarding the burn-in instructions 20200505_191303a.jpgpart
Have a look at page 7, is this for real?
Anyone having experience with burning these in and how to go about it, please explain it in simple terms cause the part on page 6 that reads 'TRN with the latest simple way to burn. Complete burn process can be!' is beyond my powers of understanding.

Any help greatly appreciated.
My advice - just go ahead and use them. it's an IEM, not the Space Shuttle. KISS.

May 5, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #2,113 of 3,805
LOL then u will hate the Shouer Singer. It literally has a fairy tale emblazzoned on the shell:

Not as bad as this new TRN, but I agree with u on the wording spoiling the asthetics of the shell haha.

Yikes, that's ridiculous.

I do actually like the + and - indicators. I wish they were on more IEMs. The KZ models with the A and B connectors had the keyed plug where you could tell which pin was + and which was -. But with the TFZ/NX7 and QDC/Paragraph C style connectors, it's anyone's guess what pin is what. So that's actually a really useful feature.

May 6, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #2,114 of 3,805
My advice - just go ahead and use them. it's an IEM, not the Space Shuttle. KISS.

Thanks for the advice, that was my original approach, spent around a day using them normally but to be honest there were things I didn't like and then reading the user guide in the first page there they talk about 500 hours burn in, that's quite a bit, maybe they know something look at this on page 1
20200506_165015a.jpg

5. ...spend 100-500 hours at a volume ... the cooker (don't know what that might be) has the perfect music experience ...refer to page 6...

Anyways I looked around and found some app called 'function generator' which can generate the sweep times and frequencies and volumes they ask for in page 6, however the total amount of hours they require looks huge to me, also the fact that this can't be done continuously but only for a couple hours at a time followed by an hour of rest.

What I want to know is if anyone has ever done that, what kind of tool did he use and what was the result of it.

I'm currently using a LG G7 and 'function generator' app.

I'll sure post my own results as I already have had some experience with the IEMs as they come out of the box.

May 6, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2,115 of 3,805
Stay tuned for my analysis of the silver T3 cable within the next day :)

Update: not the next day; most likely within the next week. I’m waiting on something to arrive in the mail.
Any news on analysis?

My T3 cable has the lowest resistance of ~0.2-0.3 Ohm compared to ~0.3-0.4 Ohm of most 16-core cables.

Yet, the plastic of T3 feels the worst with some faint smell present and least comfortable ear guides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back