TRN impressions thread
May 6, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #2,116 of 3,805
Any news on analysis?

My T3 cable has the lowest resistance of ~0.2-0.3 Ohm compared to ~0.3-0.4 Ohm of most 16-core cables.

Yet, the plastic of T3 feels the worst with some faint smell present and least comfortable ear guides.

I am still waiting on my additional T3 cables. They are way overdue, delayed by coronavirus shutdowns.

I expect them to show up any day. I will post results as soon as they are in my hands.

May 6, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #2,117 of 3,805
Yikes, that's ridiculous.

I do actually like the + and - indicators. I wish they were on more IEMs. The KZ models with the A and B connectors had the keyed plug where you could tell which pin was + and which was -. But with the TFZ/NX7 and QDC/Paragraph C style connectors, it's anyone's guess what pin is what. So that's actually a really useful feature.
Can I still wear this T-Shirt?
1588786301289.png

May 11, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #2,118 of 3,805
I recently received my first TRN BA5 from Aliexpress though encounter some problem, after listening 2-3 hr my right earphone ends up very low sound while my left is normal and after 4 hours playtime it's reverse side. Does anyone know what the problem as I recently started using wires for my phone

May 11, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2,119 of 3,805
I recently received my first TRN BA5 from Aliexpress though encounter some problem, after listening 2-3 hr my right earphone ends up very low sound while my left is normal and after 4 hours playtime it's reverse side. Does anyone know what the problem as I recently started using wires for my phone
It's something to do with moisture build up. I don't own the ba5, but if you read back in the thread I think Slater had a fix for it, by putting a damper in it

May 12, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2,120 of 3,805
Just wanted to share the charging setup/solution I use with my BT20S. I came up with this as I use magnetic charging adapters/cables on my phone and other devices.

I bought a micro usb y-splitter cable. Looped both ends and heat shrunk them for much shorter setup. I prefer this, to having adapters stuck in each side as some others have done.

IMG_20200512_114312.jpg

May 16, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #2,124 of 3,805

I hope it can live up to a fraction of its namesake, the VX (QDC Anole VX that is, north of $2000 USD, best technicalities in an IEM I have heard and my dream IEM that I cannot afford this lifetime). =)

May 16, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #2,125 of 3,805
Terminator of the terminator, hopefully they are more balance and not too v shaped / not high mids intense as v90 / BA5

May 17, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #2,127 of 3,805
Highs on BA5 are fine. Great, in fact.

Its great like my impressions, just too intense that a tad tiring, but they are well extended. You are treble lover, get NX7 pro, more details than those, but smoother, after a little mod with cotton on inside, they are chasing similar presentation like my old Andromeda, of course dont expect to be that great but thery are very good. and some more the NX7 / Pro have best bass on their class, the texture, speed decay, the depth, the clean hit that i really nitpick about (even compared to my H40 and A6 mini - same driver with big A6)

May 17, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #2,128 of 3,805
So in response to your request for a cable, you have very limited options since you want angled connectors. The way TRN designs their angled plugs is pretty unique to TRN, so your choices are pretty much limited to TRN upgrade cables.

Plus, since most of the TRN upgrade cables use straight connectors, your only choice would specifically be the 6-core TRN upgrade cable:

C6E52E61-5375-4D45-A93C-AAEA98F48692.jpeg
3554D6CE-DAB2-4A56-8CF0-7C8171FD84EB.jpeg

Be aware that it has 2 ‘fake’ wires that aren’t actually connected to anything internally. So it is, in reality, a 4-core cable (just like the stock cable). It has exactly the same resistance as the stock black 4 wire cable. So from a resistance aspect, consider the 6-core upgrade cable the ‘same’ as the stock black cable.

On the positive side, it is thicker and less tangly (and looks nicer). So as long as you’re OK with only 4 wires being internally connected, then it will work for what you want.

To find it on Aliexpress, search for “TRN 6 core cable”.
[/QUOTE
Are you sure ? I think its a true 6 core cable

May 17, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #2,129 of 3,805
Its great like my impressions, just too intense that a tad tiring, but they are well extended. You are treble lover, get NX7 pro, more details than those, but smoother, after a little mod with cotton on inside, they are chasing similar presentation like my old Andromeda, of course dont expect to be that great but thery are very good. and some more the NX7 / Pro have best bass on their class, the texture, speed decay, the depth, the clean hit that i really nitpick about (even compared to my H40 and A6 mini - same driver with big A6)

Interesting, I do actually have the opposite impression of the highs ob the NX7 Pro compared to the BA5. I væhavr no issues whatsoever with the highs on the BA5, smooth and very non-fatiguing. I don't really have any issues with the NX7 Pro either but in comparison to the BA5 I find them more fatiguing.

Imo the bass on the A6 is also superior to that of the NX7 Pro so I guess we just hear things pretty different.

May 17, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #2,130 of 3,805
Interesting, I do actually have the opposite impression of the highs ob the NX7 Pro compared to the BA5. I væhavr no issues whatsoever with the highs on the BA5, smooth and very non-fatiguing. I don't really have any issues with the NX7 Pro either but in comparison to the BA5 I find them more fatiguing.

Imo the bass on the A6 is also superior to that of the NX7 Pro so I guess we just hear things pretty different.

With a note Peter, with cotton mod the NX7 Pro sounded more extended and smoother.
The NX7 Pro indeed fatiguing on 10-15khz area with that over blast piezo. While the BA5 is more intense on lower trebles, that 4-7khz area. They are different.

The A6 bass is great nonetheless, also one of the best in the price range,its sounded wider and smoother than the NX7 bass, but for me the NX7 Pro bass is a tad tighter and impactful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back