TRN impressions thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #1,381 of 3,805
Can anyone here confirm whether or not the TRN BT20S is noise cancelling? They advertise that the S variant has "DSP-enhanced noise reduction technology". I did a little research on DSP and everything points towards active noise cancellation, so I believe they are definitely noise cancelling, but haven't heard anyone report about it.

Thinking of upgrading from the BT20 only for the active noise cancellation feature.
They are not ANC.

The DSP mentioned acts during phone calls, in order for microphones to pick up your voice and not other sounds.

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #1,382 of 3,805
Probably because I am the only one who likes the X6.
Actually, I like it more after I got myself a CCA C12. The C12 is fun and great for most of the song I'm listening to but not comfortable for a long period. I can wear the X6 all day and the sound is relaxing.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,384 of 3,805
Got my BA5 today. Here are some pictures for you guys and gals.

It is a paragraph C type of cable and the KZ cables fit perfectly. Also the silver KZ cable has a more aggressive curve on the ear hook which fits me better.

IMG_20191111_222017.jpg

IMG_20191111_222539.jpg

IMG_20191111_222420.jpg

IMG_20191111_222632.jpg

Sorry about the blurred image.

Added last picture. That is the best shape comparison I can get. BA5 on the left and V90 on the right.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,387 of 3,805
The BA5 is sexy AF looking. That V90 looks comfy too.

I'm still trying to decide on one more IEM to buy. Bought the BA5, but thinking the V90 is redundant for me and my collection. I really need something flat neutral I think. Of course I can be talked into a straight up bass head IEM despite owning about 10 of them.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #1,388 of 3,805
The BA5 is sexy AF looking. That V90 looks comfy too.

I'm still trying to decide on one more IEM to buy. Bought the BA5, but thinking the V90 is redundant for me and my collection. I really need something flat neutral I think. Of course I can be talked into a straight up bass head IEM despite owning about 10 of them.

You did the right thing, BA5 will be much more balanced than V90

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #1,389 of 3,805
I wonder if TFZ has seen the new BA5 lol

That's a generic shape....there are tons of repetitive, generic shapes around. Any 6 BA resin shell is generic looking. I am more worried about the brightness of the TRNs. Not happy with them so far.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,390 of 3,805
Got my BA5 today. Here are some pictures for you guys and gals.

It is a paragraph C type of cable and the KZ cables fit perfectly. Also the silver KZ cable has a more aggressive curve on the ear hook which fits me better.

Sorry about the blurred image.

Added last picture. That is the best shape comparison I can get. BA5 on the left and V90 on the right.
Nice photos dude! Can you tells us more about the sound?I'm scared it might be too bright

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #1,391 of 3,805
i have the BA5, OOTB impressions, ZSN-like, not a zs6 treble cannon despite having 3 30095, the V80 "shrill" is gone so music like "redial" doesnt kill my ear anymore
its also quite "airy" like the zsn, noise isolation is meh (like the zsn), i can hear my pc fan "wizzing" unlike the V80 which is near silent & idk if its only me but if i shake my head it felt like vaccum builds in my ear
it reminds me of the zsn, but refined, less aggresive/forward & feels wider, bass is punchy but not as punchy & dominant like the V80 (bassheads, this one isnt for you) , vocals are more forward than V80 (like the zsn but less aggresive/intimate/forward but not as laid back as the V80), highs are still "sparkly" but not "shrill sounding" like the V80 & ZS6
it really reminds me of the zsn & i dont like that earphone, yet i like the BA5

sorry if it sounds rambly/ambiguous but thats the best i can describe in my experience
a better,refined,less agressive and more detailed ZSN that i actually like

(edit: adding image)

20191112_172224.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #1,392 of 3,805
Another review hit the web:

TRN BA5 Review + Rekomendasi 11.11 | Indonesia

Anyone speaks Indonesian ? :D

prepare for wall of text,he says as follows (3:30 and ahead)

well balanced earphone, airy, detailed & precise, and has "deep lows" with superb articulation, these iem can keep up with speedy/fast paced songs, these are not for bassheads ( that i can agree).

the sub bass can go really low & have a good texture, mid bass felt less pushed, which is great because they dont bother & fight with the lower-mid details.
meanwhile the mid have a good prescense and clean with a great amount of detail, but unfortunately mid-timbre sounds grainy, its not as clean but its good enough, its like the mids in KZ's BA.
vocals are well positioned, in the middle, doesnt get overshadowed by the lows & highs, but for male vocals it lacks the "body" but still detailed, for female vocals, its lash & vivid with excellent detail.
the BA5 strength lies in the highs, the tunings are extended, crispy & an insane amount of micro details retrieval, cymbals, high hats, snares sounds realistic but for treble sensitive be careful
for the soundstage the BA5 is wide with above average width and a good amount of depth
for instrument placement (imaging) it feels accurate & pinpoint
for separation the BA5 feels special because its clean, precise & every instrument can be heard without it drowning each other out

compared to the V90 the V90 is warmer, V shaped & fun sounding compared to BA5 which sounds analytical & well balanced (i agree with this one, even with the V80)
V90 has more bass than the BA5 because DD vs BA
V90 mids are more laid back & has mid bleed, BA5 is more balanced & centered, its a bit forward but just enough
for the highs, V90 is detailed enough but some pit & piercing, compared to BA5 which sounds more linear & more detailed
staging (soundstage) V90 is bit smaller compared to BA5
separation : BA5>V90

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,394 of 3,805
How's the isolation on the BA5? I'm a bit concerned about the side vents on these. Do the vents let in a lot of outside noise?
for me it does let in some outside noise when idling, but when the music plays its not an issue, if you have the ZSN, the isolation is like that

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,395 of 3,805
Thanks for the info. Mine are in the mail and I think I will swap the tips immediately as I like more bass.

Different beast with good fitting foamies, does air more on the v shaped with this config but almost 2 earphones for the price of one. Definitely worth upgrading cable though if you haven't got a decent 0.75MM 2 pin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back