TRN impressions thread
Jul 11, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #661 of 3,808
If they want it back I would screenshot a usps online quote and ask them to cover it. Iirc it's $33 + insurance for tracked priority mail and $14 no insurance or tracking for first class.

Usually they'll work out a refund or just ship a replacement. If thru AE put a dispute in before expiration with the refund request.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #662 of 3,808
My AE seller (AK) messed up my BT20s parcel and now it is lost in post. Although it seems really shady of the seller who waited full 8 days to ship the order despite my repeated reminders. Then on 7th day he messages me saying I'll have to wait as the manufacturer has created limited pieces (which I believe is a complete lie) then all of a sudden moments before expiry of processing time he miraculously ships my order. And then he asks me to raise a dispute with AE after 10 days to claim refund. Don't know how react to this.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #663 of 3,808
My AE seller (AK) messed up my BT20s parcel and now it is lost in post. Although it seems really shady of the seller who waited full 8 days to ship the order despite my repeated reminders. Then on 7th day he messages me saying I'll have to wait as the manufacturer has created limited pieces (which I believe is a complete lie) then all of a sudden moments before expiry of processing time he miraculously ships my order. And then he asks me to raise a dispute with AE after 10 days to claim refund. Don't know how react to this.

Just raise and ask for full refund. State that seller asked to raise dispute for the refund

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #664 of 3,808
Just raise and ask for full refund. State that seller asked to raise dispute for the refund

Do I need to wait for 10 days as suggested by seller? Or I can raise it straightaway? Don't want seller to botch up my refund that's I'm slightly cautious.

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #665 of 3,808
Do I need to wait for 10 days as suggested by seller? Or I can raise it straightaway? Don't want seller to botch up my refund that's I'm slightly cautious.

Just do it right away. There may be some waiting period on the dispute, but if that's the case, the system will actually prevent you from raising it. So just do it.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #666 of 3,808
Hm. Kinda' hard to test with different IEMs if I can't get the blasted module off the current ones. Hey @Slater - I have vague recollections of you mentioned a gadget/tool you used to pop MMCX connections open without breaking things but I couldn't coax the post out of search. Am I misremembering or just failing to guess the right magic combo of words? Oops, of course I find it on one last search *after* I ping you in the thread... (Edit #2 - Picked up a set off Amazon for 5$ and 1$ more gets me faster shipping, potentially as soon as Saturday.)

Also leaving the BT3S loosely stretched out (looped over the ear cups of my HD558 which I still haven't packed away into storage) for two days has fixed the snugness quite nicely, though it remains to be seen how much it rebounds. Not loose by any means, just no longer coiled enough the two battery bits (where the wires start) are touching or even trying to overlap.

Hi! Which tool is this? could you please provide an amazon link?
Thanks

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #667 of 3,808
Hi do you guys know how well do the KZ ZS10 Pros and original ZS10 do with the BT20?

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #668 of 3,808
Here's my take on the V80, https://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2019/07/review-trn-v80-hybrid-iems.html

Not too bad, but a little hot up top sometimes.

DSC_5367.JPG

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #669 of 3,808
Hi! Which tool is this? could you please provide an amazon link?
Thanks
This is the search query I threw at Amazon, most of the results look to be the same thing that Slater had mentioned elsewhere and someone else (forget who, sorry) had provided an AE link for. This is the specific listing I bought because it was one of the cheapest and only charged 1$ for 2-day shipping (in fact I think it's out for delivery today).

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #670 of 3,808
This is the search query I threw at Amazon, most of the results look to be the same thing that Slater had mentioned elsewhere and someone else (forget who, sorry) had provided an AE link for. This is the specific listing I bought because it was one of the cheapest and only charged 1$ for 2-day shipping (in fact I think it's out for delivery today).

Yup. Note that you only need 2 of the keys in that set for mmcx jacks. The rest of those keys can be thrown away or used for some other purpose.

Jul 12, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #671 of 3,808
Yup. Note that you only need 2 of the keys in that set for mmcx jacks. The rest of those keys can be thrown away or used for some other purpose.
Yow. Good thing that's not a BA IEM, got one to pop off and it tried to escape. Also I almost stabbed myself. <-< Also I might slow-mail order another set off AE as backup, first attempt on second IEM bent the key. Bent back easily enough, but metal fatigue's definitely a thing.
I’ve used them for a few years now, and have never had a single problem since using them. Even on the most stubborn mmcx, it pops them apart like magic.
Either I suck at this or I've found the exception to the rule. Not sure which yet because I've not gotten the second IEM off yet... Hoping it's the Tennmaks being stubborn, being able to swap IEMs for walking occasionally would be nice but not if it involves this level of hassle.
Ha. Finally got second, using a completely different key than the two you suggested (used the fatter one that looks like a tuning fork, gave me more surface area to brace my fingers against). Now to pop on different IEMs and see what results, in more ways than one.
Popping second set of IEMs on just as cantankerous as first and again the left IEM attachment is proving the hardest. If they're just as problematic coming off I'm picking one set and leaving them on until one or the other component breaks... (Honestly, if this second pair sounds as good/better and is sufficiently comfortable I'm just leaving the blasted things on.)

(I'm still not unsatisfied or anything, even with all this hassle, just something for others to be aware of if they also are considering an MMCX BT3S.)

Edit - Took a break from trying to get the left IEM on, so no I haven't been trying this entire time. Fingertips are getting kinda' sort from trying though. Got annoyed enough I decided "Okay fine, let's see how the right IEM sounds, maybe I can just pop it off and go back to the Tennmaks." Using a certain triple driver sampler pack IEM the floor noise is virtually nonexistent so that's nice, wouldn't have called the Tennmaks being that sensitive but could also be the current ones being that much less so, and they sound quite good so if I can get the stupid left IEM on I think I will be set. Basically out of options other than the PT25 (which wouldn't be angled right anyhow) to try and compare and as much trouble as I'm having I'm disinclined to bother trying anyhow. :p

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #672 of 3,808
Yow. Good thing that's not a BA IEM, got one to pop off and it tried to escape. Also I almost stabbed myself. <-< Also I might slow-mail order another set off AE as backup, first attempt on second IEM bent the key. Bent back easily enough, but metal fatigue's definitely a thing.

Either I suck at this or I've found the exception to the rule. Not sure which yet because I've not gotten the second IEM off yet... Hoping it's the Tennmaks being stubborn, being able to swap IEMs for walking occasionally would be nice but not if it involves this level of hassle.
Ha. Finally got second, using a completely different key than the two you suggested (used the fatter one that looks like a tuning fork, gave me more surface area to brace my fingers against). Now to pop on different IEMs and see what results, in more ways than one.
Popping second set of IEMs on just as cantankerous as first and again the left IEM attachment is proving the hardest. If they're just as problematic coming off I'm picking one set and leaving them on until one or the other component breaks... (Honestly, if this second pair sounds as good/better and is sufficiently comfortable I'm just leaving the blasted things on.)

(I'm still not unsatisfied or anything, even with all this hassle, just something for others to be aware of if they also are considering an MMCX BT3S.)

Edit - Took a break from trying to get the left IEM on, so no I haven't been trying this entire time. Fingertips are getting kinda' sort from trying though. Got annoyed enough I decided "Okay fine, let's see how the right IEM sounds, maybe I can just pop it off and go back to the Tennmaks." Using a certain triple driver sampler pack IEM the floor noise is virtually nonexistent so that's nice, wouldn't have called the Tennmaks being that sensitive but could also be the current ones being that much less so, and they sound quite good so if I can get the stupid left IEM on I think I will be set. Basically out of options other than the PT25 (which wouldn't be angled right anyhow) to try and compare and as much trouble as I'm having I'm disinclined to bother trying anyhow. :p

Yeah, the keys are flimsy metal (they have to be thin otherwise they won’t slide in between the mmcx jack).

What I do is slide the tool all the way in as far as it will go, and then put my index and middle finger as close together as possible under the metal tool with the mmcx jack in between the 2 fingers (like you’re holding a cigarette). Then I pull the metal tool (like you’re removing a cork from a bottle of wine). You have to make sure not to pull at an angle, but rather straight up. Otherwise, you can bend and/or damage the mmcx jack.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #673 of 3,808
Yeah, the keys are flimsy metal (they have to be thin otherwise they won’t slide in between the mmcx jack).

What I do is slide the tool all the way in as far as it will go, and then put my index and middle finger as close together as possible under the metal tool (like you’re holding a cigarette). Then I pull the metal tool (like you’re removing a cork from a bottle of wine). You have to make sure not to pull at an angle, but rather straight up. Otherwise, you can bend and/or damage the mmcx jack.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, not sure what I did to make the first Tennmak pop off so dramatically but that's how I got the second one off, just used one of the broader keys to get more surface against which to brace. Not much use trying to get the left IEM on unfortunately (the same tuning fork-esque one actually fit quite nicely into the tension notch on the cable end but I was loathe to apply too much force and a few cursory attempts didn't get anywhere).

Edit - Still haven't gotten the left IEM on, though I did set it aside for a few hours because I was getting cranky at it. Roommate got back from hanging out with friends and I asked him if he could give it a go and I think he took it as a challenge because he's retrieved a pair of fat pliers from his room (I was half-expected one of his portable mini-vises to be honest)... lol

After a few minutes he managed to snap it into place, but not until after he took a teensy little screwdriver and scraped it around the outer edge of (I think it was) the IEM's socket to stretch/widen it a tiny bit. (I think that's how he said he did it.) His guess is either the IEM's socket was a bit too snug or the snappy jump ring bit on the cable's plug was a bit too fat (or maybe too long, so that it couldn't properly "compress" when squeezed). Don't know for certain which way it actually is, and it could be a "six of one, half dozen of the other" - using his pliers to grip the cable end he was able to pop the Tennmak on and off with no issues, but I also know I could pop the 3-in-1 IEM on and off its own-brand cable with only a modicum of effort (which is why I blithely assumed I could order an MMCX Bluetooth dongle and vary things from time to time).

Since I don't know for certain it's the Bluetooth cable's fault or the IEMs' I'm not gonna' point fingers (and honestly "too tight" is probably a lesser evil compared to "too loose"), and it's on and at least for me that's the important part, but yeah... Buyer head's up and *I* ain't planning to take these off anytime soon. :p

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #674 of 3,808
Great. Thank you. Ordered too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back