TRN impressions thread
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #679 of 3,805
I ended up buying a pair of Trn IM2's. I like 'em!
I like mine too. Strange thing, in the beginning I didn't like them at all. They sounded dull and muffled. After using them a while, the sound completely changed (or my brain somehow got used to it).
Is it possible, that BAs get 'damaged' by shocks/vibrations during transport and recover being used?

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #680 of 3,805
I like mine too. Strange thing, in the beginning I didn't like them at all. They sounded dull and muffled. After using them a while, the sound completely changed (or my brain somehow got used to it).
Is it possible, that BAs get 'damaged' by shocks/vibrations during transport and recover being used?
I ended up buying a pair of Trn IM2's. I like 'em! I'm still probably going to end up buying a pair of KZ ZS10 Pro's and Tin Hifi T3's, though.

I also like the TRN IM2 a lot.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #683 of 3,805
Just receive im2. I like this V shape signature ! Less than v30 but sweet and non aggressive. **** Ash are more balanced and similar signature than zs10 pro

I have them in blue and they are beautiful!. I add tithe new CCA multicolored cable. It's a good mix

Just take the bicolor at 8€ TRN cable but the quality is not good... Not very flexible, Small chips of plastic spring.. But 8€

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #684 of 3,805

Most likely they just had a chance to burn in. The membrane on the BA driver is very thin and if it got damaged it wouldn't repair itself with time. The only other option is something is a little loose and with use it got into a better position - but that's not very likely either. Probably just burn in

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #685 of 3,805
Just receive im2. I like this V shape signature ! Less than v30 but sweet and non aggressive. **** Ash are more balanced and similar signature than zs10 pro

I have them in blue and they are beautiful!. I add tithe new CCA multicolored cable. It's a good mix

Just take the bicolor at 8€ TRN cable but the quality is not good... Not very flexible, Small chips of plastic spring.. But 8€

At 12-16 $ there are plenty of very decent 8- and 16-core cables available. Hardly worth to spend ~9-10 $ on TRN, in my opinion.
At least I did and now they lie useless (does not even matter all cores soldered or not...)

Not that I believe in (and can hear much) sonic difference with the different cables - just quite a bit more convenient and looks nicer :)

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #686 of 3,805
At 12-16 $ there are plenty of very decent 8- and 16-core cables available. Hardly worth to spend ~9-10 $ on TRN, in my opinion.
At least I did and now they lie useless (does not even matter all cores soldered or not...)

Not that I believe in (and can hear much) sonic difference with the different cables - just quite a bit more convenient and looks nicer :)

Totally agree, the CCA multicolored cable is Farly better for example. I'll do mini review on Twitter.

With **** eu I have already 3 great cable, I just want to try other and have choice in cable ah ah.

But I'm fix for this cable !

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #688 of 3,805
I am not familiar with that cable. Do you have a photo?

4611806F-F64C-4CEC-849F-7639A382624E.jpeg

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #689 of 3,805
so i got my BT20S a week ago and been testing them. overall i like it. i tried pairing it to my DM6 but it makes audible hiss. i ended up pairing it to my B5+, which also has a slight hiss, but barely noticable unless I'm being critical. no hiss with my earbuds though. battery is longer, though i also don't have problems of running out of juice with the BT20, but the added battery life is a welcome improvement. i also like the new doff finish, and connection seems more stable than the BT20.

if only TRN can make like a little adjustable volume pots on the unit or lower the noise floor more, to accommodate more sensitive iems, it would be a formidable product.

also i think the way they make the foam mold on the box makes the cables way too bent.. i bought a couple of BT20 and BT20S for me and my friends, and they all needed to be adjusted a little (and funny enough, those adjustments seems to be consistent)

this is the usual adjustment that i ended up making for me and my friend's units compared to the foam in the box

20190718_093056.jpg

just slight, but really make the difference in fit and comfort

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #690 of 3,805
20190718_103854-01-02.jpeg 20190718_103459-01.jpeg

a couple of unusual fitting that works for me with thr MH755 and MX500 shell earbuds. might looked weird, but stable :dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back