TRN impressions thread
Feb 1, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,011 of 3,806
I would just go for the QKZ VK4 to he honest. The BA5 has QC issues so can't recommend it but it does isolate well.

I was just about to reply with the same answer too mate, The VK4 is some kind of special, esp with such a low price too..
7owhddaSJL0DyeeDT-9g8vllrg0nFLnvjFVzSDewRSh1Z9ffDcdz_kP3TUtwqocAz6PCfKasLJrYiMzlY9pPdbAvqKkkVM2DAlezoNZYLggpOI5u3HT_zh2tvjcWn9UpNurHpJTv-6hJqAmo82CoRWO0ymdWEtOxRa_8jGd6yS9uPwQkCZhAts5AgpRVYVlxNISSCEccOoMdPCCV25PDsRFoXJ-K88-tbL_Yus28J4FRd0ds8P3PKoWoadqNGPclhmQbIql84VwtpTLIFUfIbhkKL4jzeQUz74t8LQe8jogtzzBAulDNw4rAU_Dppv5Gva4S7rsIJaQMx_g6_lHf7uYl7qYdn-2T-dHVCsJ10ffDiXrPGjT2i36UEn_8zl-nHhoUUKrUCxEeyx5zEoQgxnv-MLx_1--sTGJ_dQCAjkTIR4EQ4f23P8kAZyciIhYGFSzsKA9jyPd_PvDEnHkfDA9SEvcarPS9sgXCT49wa8AhnPMTVJzk-o5Bl-By33YijjYzWUtbcyH1fUv6nTGZbsQVJMf7kfNsglrH_-uLUqI9E0W31I0VZ0pUbHy6dW_ytmUcaw1kEFrzOa_RjyTQZ_19zqO6v_ApuvdVFC19cuHiLagp3ARa6JHhnXA_oX8qqCjd9Hq-cMgHBfYejK4kk1S76gBoSY-vpOClRfuIgaOMD1HmB0NQsJ0=w1008-h757-no

Mh1sxJZidEtMgdTy7

What other dynamic IEMs can the VK4 be compared to? BL-03? EDR1? ED9?

I’m trying to determine where it stacks up.

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #2,012 of 3,806
Hey man, I think I'm going with qkz vk4, can you hook me up with a link so that both the products i.e. earphone and cable gets delivered at same time or in the same packpage. If not give me the link for the cable atleast, there are so many 2 pin and mmcx, I dont know which one to get, thanks.
Qkz vk4 is nice product , it has little more bass than trn st1 , trnst1 at the same time had more treble than vk4 , they are for me feel the same idk why . Lol

Feb 1, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #2,013 of 3,806
What other dynamic IEMs can the VK4 be compared to? BL-03? EDR1? ED9?

I’m trying to determine where it stacks up.
TRN ST1 and Pioneer SE CH3T at the same price range , because i want it to be fair . Both of them are balanced to bright signature, with wide soundstage , decent spark tonality and clear mid . You might not regretting buy one of these since i had already own it. Pioneer sure score just not over ear style , and lacks only that . These two i think the nearest and the real rival of qkz vk4

Feb 1, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #2,014 of 3,806
TRN ST1 and Pioneer SE CH3T at the same price range , because i want it to be fair . Both of them are balanced to bright signature, with wide soundstage , decent spark tonality and clear mid . You might not regretting buy one of these since i had already own it. Pioneer sure score just not over ear style , and lacks only that . These two i think the nearest and the real rival of qkz vk4

So if I already have the Pioneer CH5 and CH9, it sounds like the VK4 would actually be a downgrade?

Feb 1, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2,015 of 3,806
So if I already have the Pioneer CH5 and CH9, it sounds like the VK4 would actually be a downgrade?
It depends on the user preferrences , for me the peak of CH9 had more details than VK4 , build quality , mmcx connector, and better cables at CH9 , i never own CH5 so i can't know . CH9 is detail as well with another whole level of build quality , yet i had fatigue over using it too long , its treble are clearer , sparkler near piercing peaks . I said it is completely whole different at that price range . If you use VK4 it is tuned for comfort listeners. And i know CH9 is more analytical yet it handles a lot of peak frequency

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #2,016 of 3,806
Thanks to all for the recommendations.
Did some digging and here's what I found...

I don't think QKZ VK4 is for me, it might be good for the price but I don't want good for $15 I want very good for a bit more.
I still think Kbear Diamond has too much mid bass, and that shape and looks, not a fan.
Jade Audio EA3 appears to have treble on the sharper side with possible sibilance...
So out of all recs I feel like Dunu DM-480 is the closest to what I want judging by the comments here, and I almost ordered it. But then i found some not so good comments / reviews elsewhere, so I don't know.

I've mentioned that I want something similar to blon bl-03 but with less mid bass and clearer mids, better treble... Maybe I'm wrong maybe these recs are decent upgrades I never heard any i still think BA5 is potentialy the one. Not very expensive, good looks, isolation, sound sig perhaps, but dodgy QC.
All these have pros and cons and to my knowledge so far there is only one iem with literally no bad comments and that is ISN H40 but it's not exactly budget friendly costing $200 and might be darker than... I would like to see what ISN produce next before I commit to H40.
Maybe closer description to what I want is budget version of S8F if possible.
Anyway thanks

Edit
Eg. S8F deals with this song perfectly. This is why I want faster less bloated bass, and tons of detail, but w/o 2-4k bump

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #2,018 of 3,806
I would say your previous experience is a good predictor. Are you the type of person who has everything you own (not just audio gear) ‘mysteriously‘ break or die in a fairly short amount of time, or are you the type of person who handles everything you own with kid gloves and it lasts for years?
I repair mobile phones and i can assure you that this is the very case with them as we tend to hold phones in hands 24/7 and the chance of being broken is much higher. Imagine i have cutomers that break display in their iphones regularly every week or two! Meanwhile i never broke a single display myself on my iphones (i4, i6, i6S+, now iX) LOL

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #2,019 of 3,806
Would someone mind comparing BA5 with Blon 03? As well how BA5 isolate outside noise?

I need a second beater set, I enjoy blon very much but decent isolating, less mid bass, more detailed, more treble extended version of Blon would have been nice. Does BA5 fit the bill?
I have the KB EAR Diamond, Dunu DM-480, and Jade Audio EA3, and I think the Diamond with the stock short wide nozzle eartips would be a great option given your requirements. I do not recommend the DM-480 or EA3.

Feb 3, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #2,020 of 3,806
I posted this in another thread partly comparing the BA5 to the KBEAR Diamond and Dunu DM-480 and thought that it might be relevant here as well.

TRN BA5:
Well, here's something completely different. Not only in driver configuration (as the name implies the BA5 has five balanced armature drivers in each housing) but also in sound signature. Gone is the great subbass impact from both the Diamonds and the DM-480. The subbass on the BA5 is definitely rolled off and has a lot of less impact compared to the previous two offerings. Despite this they're not perceived as particularly bass light when listening to them as the higher bass notes has pretty good impact and very good speed and quality. That being said the BA5 are definitely perceived as more midrange focused as the midrange stand out more than the bass and vocals does also sound richer. There's also a lift in the upper midrange pushing female vocals even further forward in the mix. The BA5 is able to this without being fatiguing in any way though. Treble does also have more weight on them and overall they feel more balanced with wider stage and a more light and airy presentation compared to the previous contenders.

The fit is absolutely fantastic and isolation is also very good on them.

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #2,021 of 3,806
I have the KB EAR Diamond, Dunu DM-480, and Jade Audio EA3, and I think the Diamond with the stock short wide nozzle eartips would be a great option given your requirements. I do not recommend the DM-480 or EA3.
Thanks to all for the recommendations.
Did some digging and here's what I found...

I don't think QKZ VK4 is for me, it might be good for the price but I don't want good for $15 I want very good for a bit more.
I still think Kbear Diamond has too much mid bass, and that shape and looks, not a fan.
Jade Audio EA3 appears to have treble on the sharper side with possible sibilance...
So out of all recs I feel like Dunu DM-480 is the closest to what I want judging by the comments here, and I almost ordered it. But then i found some not so good comments / reviews elsewhere, so I don't know.

I've mentioned that I want something similar to blon bl-03 but with less mid bass and clearer mids, better treble... Maybe I'm wrong maybe these recs are decent upgrades I never heard any i still think BA5 is potentialy the one. Not very expensive, good looks, isolation, sound sig perhaps, but dodgy QC.
All these have pros and cons and to my knowledge so far there is only one iem with literally no bad comments and that is ISN H40 but it's not exactly budget friendly costing $200 and might be darker than... I would like to see what ISN produce next before I commit to H40.
Maybe closer description to what I want is budget version of S8F if possible.
Anyway thanks

Edit
Eg. S8F deals with this song perfectly. This is why I want faster less bloated bass, and tons of detail, but w/o 2-4k bump

I would say the BA5 would be perfect for you. It has a linear bass, well extended but no mid bass emphasis. Mids are clear and open, slightly forward. Treble is clean and airy with no harshness and the fit and seal are excellent. It's one of my current go to IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #2,022 of 3,806
If you are concerned about the BA5's ability with sub bass, try them with this, absolutely amazing music!

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #2,023 of 3,806
If you are concerned about the BA5's ability with sub bass, try them with this, absolutely amazing music!

Nice song, that's low. With S8F sounds great haha.
I believe you, I just ordered it, hell it's very cheap and after all it's going to be my beater set. If it dies soon I can still use it at least for noise blocking In clubs when I'm working.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #2,024 of 3,806

Just listened to that with my Pioneer SE-CH9T's. Forgot how great they sound.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #2,025 of 3,806
Just listened to that with my Pioneer SE-CH9T's. Forgot how great they sound.

True dat. I love my CH9T (modded with the black fabric peeled off).

A while ago I picked up a Pioneer SE-CH5BL, which was a close out price too good to pass up. It’s basically the 9T (same sound) but with a plastic shell, PLUS the stock fixed cable is a 2.5mm balanced cable (which is basically unheard of on a stock IEM). I guess the balanced cable resulted in low sales and hence the super cheap price :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back