TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #23,956 of 24,683
Now I've never done this, but faking legal documents and getting them verified and into the appropriate public systems is much harder than it looks like in movies and TV shows :p.

<rant>
There's no reason to conclude any of the things some of you have found (again from OFFICIAL state-sponsored resources, not random forums) are fake. I just can't see that being the case.

I'll defend TAE to a certain point and Bob to a certain point, but you can't just explain away everything as being fine and dandy. TAE used to make some good products and they used to be a great company for the first year and a bit of their existence; Bob seemed like a good honest stand-up guy who had a customer-oriented way of working on his products so as to accommodate the customers as much as he reasonably could have done. And then things started going south: dodging questions, missing deadlines, evading customers, and finally just posting outright lies. They employed the strategy of "tell them it will happen at this point and hopefully it will. If it doesn't, we'll let them know and they'll stick by us".....and then they completely ignored the second part and all customers got was a whole lotta nothing and some radio silence. TAE of old was fantastic and many of us highly recommended them and their products for a reason. But at this point, they've spent more time being lying sacks than they ever did as a reputable entity.

I don't want to bash Bob or TAE outright: there has to be a reason to and as far as I can tell, there is. So I don't want to speak ill of them, but at this point, they leave me no choice; it's hard to say that they didn't bring this upon themselves. I'd like to believe that Bob has truly started a new leaf with IMR, I really would. But frankly, the proposed business plan/strategy is eerily similar (aka, identical) which leads me to believe it will meet the same fate. I can believe the office location thing; it's where he's always worked in that business complex and that's where he intends to continue working, whatever. But the stuff that really does Bob in is that he's not going back to what worked when TAE was flourishing, however much of a hand he had in that, regardless of what title or role he officially had. The thing that TAE shared in common with some of the big boutique names today like Campfire Audio was how genuine, honest, and transparent they were. They excelled at that and it's part of how TAE becme as successful as it did. But after all the problems, Bob leaves and attempts to wash his hands of the debacle. And one of the things that happens in all this, whether you believe his explanations about not being the guy in charge or not, is the email list. The email list that we can all only assume got passed on to Bob one way or another for his new personal no-strings venture as IMR Acoustics. And the reason we believe this to be the case is because people have reported that they got the IMR R1 promotional material, but didn't ever sign up to receive such promotions. One could argue that the email list was another source, not TAE; I can't discredit that idea because while TAE is a good conclusion due to the company ties and whatnot, it objectively isn't the only possibility. Emails are scraped everywhere from all manners of online interactions. People have to be able to electronically advertise somehow and there's the possibility (whether a remote possibility or not) that the email list is simply from some specific subset based on data scraped about the populace.

Still, our natural thought logic is to connect the dots with what we have as long as it doesn't seem too far-fetched and deem it as the true conclusion. As such, TAE being a Bob thing and Bob leaving TAE in order to free himself of the bad rep and start IMR fits the evidence known and is deemed the correct conclusion. By association, that means IMR is the same thing as TAE, but in a different guise. I can't say it's wrong, but at the same time, I would also be hesitant in saying it's right. Such reservations means that to me, it might be something to watch, but not something to invest in considering its current state.
</rant>

Y'all are fake news! Can't be running around these forums doing that :p (and yes I'm playing, y'all are great people, even if we sometimes disagree on things)

Man, I need a nap after reading all this. I'm pooped!

Special mention for you using y'all. Felt very Arkansas. :wink:

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #23,957 of 24,683
Now, Im not one for paranoid conspiracy theories, but I can't help feeling that some of the 'pro-Bob' and 'pro-R1' posters on Massdrop sound a bit like.. stuff written by people who *might possibly* be mates of people connected with the company.

Now, I'm not saying that this is the case. Because that would clearly be the work of a paranoid conspiracy theorist :p
But you know, you have to wonder :D

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #23,958 of 24,683
Now, Im not one for paranoid conspiracy theories, but I can't help feeling that some of the 'pro-Bob' and 'pro-R1' posters on Massdrop sound a bit like.. stuff written by people who *might possibly* be mates of people connected with the company.

Now, I'm not saying that this is the case. Because that would clearly be the work of a paranoid conspiracy theorist :p
But you know, you have to wonder :D

I'm no mate of Bob's or anybody associated with Trinity or IMR and I've posted on the discussion.

I've recommended people buy the R1, it's a cracking earphone. People having go at others for buying etc, I hope they scrutinise every purchase they make to check it's ethical etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #23,959 of 24,683
By all accounts the r1 is a cracking headphone but the vendor was involved with a company that still owes a lot of people products, that tends to make people high and mighty and scrutinise.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #23,960 of 24,683
By all accounts the r1 is a cracking headphone but the vendor was involved with a company that still owes a lot of people products, that tends to make people high and mighty and scrutinise.

I get that however from what evidence I can see he didn’t own the company.
It would be difficult to buy any product in the western world that is free of any kind of corruption, child labour, low pay and poor working conditions.
So if Bob’s ‘crime’ is that he worked for a company that went bust - doesn’t bother me to be honest, there are far worse examples on these forums that we all spend our cash on.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #23,961 of 24,683

You may want to read back in the trinity threads a little further, I'm not preaching to others about what they should or shouldn't be doing with their money like some others but you can be sure I've made my mind up on my view of this all.

I had to commence legal proceedings to get a resolution, many still wait for a simple reply let alone their products.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #23,962 of 24,683
from what evidence I can see he didn’t own the company.
You are correct, he never owned the company. But then he couldn't, because under bankruptcy restrictions he was not able to "form, manage or promote" any company. Being taken on as a contractor would have avoided any risk of breaching those conditions.
However, his wife was majority shareholder from some date in 2016 to augAug 2017 - the same date Bob "left" Trinity. You can see why some would call that ownership by proxy?

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #23,963 of 24,683
I'm no mate of Bob's or anybody associated with Trinity or IMR and I've posted on the discussion.

I've recommended people buy the R1, it's a cracking earphone. People having go at others for buying etc, I hope they scrutinise every purchase they make to check it's ethical etc etc etc.

Hey there! Ha, I do indeed recognise your name from the IMR page on Massdrop :D

You've been a long-term Head-Fi member too, so you may have seen me around on here, but just to be clear, I'm all about the light-hearted banter and love of music/audiophile tech.
Absolutely no personal attack intended, just a bit of mischief on this thread for fun and laughs :wink:

I personally would love to hear the R1, but definitely would want to hear it before I buy. Despite my best audiophile intentions, I'm still something of a closet basshead and these really sound like they might tick my boxes :D

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #23,964 of 24,683
I personally would love to hear the R1, but definitely would want to hear it before I buy. Despite my best audiophile intentions, I'm still something of a closet basshead and these really sound like they might tick my boxes :D

As a fully out of the closet basshead, I can tell you, they would click that box, then smash the box, lol. Despite all the "did he/didn't he" going on in this thread (and I don't even pretend to know what really happened), the R1 is a spectacular IEM. If it had something like a CA or EE instead of an IMR in front of R1, these would get a crap ton of love.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #23,965 of 24,683
It would be difficult to buy any product in the western world that is free of any kind of corruption, child labour, low pay and poor working conditions.
So if Bob’s ‘crime’ is that he worked for a company that went bust - doesn’t bother me to be honest, there are far worse examples on these forums that we all spend our cash on.

While the R1 is a really nice pair of IEM's (My daily driver, and I own a 64 audio U8), I feel it's priced a little too high. Personally, had I not had a deal from Bob, I wouldn't have jumped onboard, considering I'm now stuck with a PM6 new in box I don't use.

Bob's "crime" to some is the haziness of his involvement in leaving a bunch of people in the dust about preordered items that they might never receive. They are legitimate in being angry, but they direct it at Bob because noone knows who truly is responsible anymore. Kieran's address is the only area people can get in touch with Trinity since the site died. Bob is the only other tie to that debacle. If you had bought over £200 in equipment that you won't receive, would you be a little angry? Can't really blame them. :)

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #23,966 of 24,683
Hey there! Ha, I do indeed recognise your name from the IMR page on Massdrop :D

You've been a long-term Head-Fi member too, so you may have seen me around on here, but just to be clear, I'm all about the light-hearted banter and love of music/audiophile tech.
Absolutely no personal attack intended, just a bit of mischief on this thread for fun and laughs :wink:

No offence taken,as Wilberforce55 pointed out he's having a bit of laugh on Massdrop winding the situation up, I'm probably doing the same in a light hearted way similar to yourself and wilberforce55.

The bass on the R1 is excellent and I've not even tried the bassier filters yet!

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #23,967 of 24,683
While the R1 is a really nice pair of IEM's (My daily driver, and I own a 64 audio U8), I feel it's priced a little too high. Personally, had I not had a deal from Bob, I wouldn't have jumped onboard, considering I'm now stuck with a PM6 new in box I don't use.

Bob's "crime" to some is the haziness of his involvement in leaving a bunch of people in the dust about preordered items that they might never receive. They are legitimate in being angry, but they direct it at Bob because noone knows who truly is responsible anymore. Kieran's address is the only area people can get in touch with Trinity since the site died. Bob is the only other tie to that debacle. If you had bought over £200 in equipment that you won't receive, would you be a little angry? Can't really blame them. :)

Oh don't get me wrong I understand the anger but I don't see Bob as being totally to blame but like you say people need a target and he has put himself in that firing line.

The R1 I think at the RRP is probably priced about right, it easily surpasses earphones that are more expensive but then maybe they are overpriced. I don't mind though as my set are B-stock and for the price they are a total bargain.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #23,968 of 24,683
Oh don't get me wrong I understand the anger but I don't see Bob as being totally to blame but like you say people need a target and he has put himself in that firing line.

The R1 I think at the RRP is probably priced about right, it easily surpasses earphones that are more expensive but then maybe they are overpriced. I don't mind though as my set are B-stock and for the price they are a total bargain.

Yeah, people are looking for a target. Bob is a prime one considering the Trinity history and the info... Hence... This. :)

Right, at B-Stock price, it's a great deal... :) That I agree.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #23,969 of 24,683

His "crime" was pretending that it was essentially his company the whole time, acting that he was finally making the headphones he always wanted to make, lying to everyone many many times about production and delivery, switching his story immediately when he started IMR (about how he was just a contractor and he wasnt involved in any of the fiasco and that now he truly was going to make the iems he wanted) and then mailing customers based off a trinity mailing list.

The R1 might be a great IEM, it might even be priced great too. Hopefully his "new" company actually has it together this time and will be able to actually fulfill orders and wont lie to their customers if they arent able to right away. In my mind though, as good as they might be, I just cannot support that guy, and it baffles me how some people immediately jump to his defense as if he was totally innocent and everyone is just out to get him.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #23,970 of 24,683
His "crime" was pretending that it was essentially his company the whole time, acting that he was finally making the headphones he always wanted to make, lying to everyone many many times about production and delivery, switching his story immediately when he started IMR (about how he was just a contractor and he wasnt involved in any of the fiasco and that now he truly was going to make the iems he wanted) and then mailing customers based off a trinity mailing list.

The R1 might be a great IEM, it might even be priced great too. Hopefully his "new" company actually has it together this time and will be able to actually fulfill orders and wont lie to their customers if they arent able to right away. In my mind though, as good as they might be, I just cannot support that guy, and it baffles me how some people immediately jump to his defense as if he was totally innocent and everyone is just out to get him.
Again I get how people feel, however if I was too think into every product I bought on an ethical manner - I wouldn’t be able to buy anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back