TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 23, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #23,851 of 24,683
I have the airs... Orange and white are actually nice looking. Case is pretty basic, but functional. They cut off... Obviously. But only on the right side. Cracked them open, they use two pogo pins as a contact to a cheap piece of metal on the backplate, hence the poor antenna contact. Will try and mod them to see if I can fix the antenna.

Sound quality is otherwise as I expected from Trinity. They're super light weight and fit well in ear. They also come with a bunch of filters in a twist metal tube and in a ziplock bag... some are long bore, somr are short. Will try them out on the IMR R1's.

Ok. So What. I can't believe it was THAT easy to fix the phantom Airs.. crack open the shell, add an extra layer of conductive copper sticker (or two, or three, as long as it's thick enough to push down the pogo pins), glue the shell back on and signal is perfect unless you cup your hands over the buds. I tested it for now by folding up the copper material on both sides and it works great. I'll do a cleaner job of it once I stop by my electronics shop.

All this nonsense for THIS?! I'm highly dissapointed they didn't even bother. Just proves that they do IEM design, outsource building of products and never bother repairing it themselves.

Oh and electrical tape might have saved them from frying their boards. They have live wiring inside the IEM. Sheesh...
20180323_000713.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #23,852 of 24,683
Thanks for posting that Tommy.

So, I just emailed Notice Before Action regarding Trinity not paying for work I did. Settled on Hunters and me sacrificing a decent chunk of money. I didn’t mind as had a great relationship with Bob. I’ve told Kieran, I consider him equally culpable as he’s messed me around for months that I will be naming him on the court papers as an individual.

Oh, I have lots I could say... That dropmenow site was a great find Tommy :wink:

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #23,854 of 24,683
Ok. So What. I can't believe it was THAT easy to fix the phantom Airs.. crack open the shell, add an extra layer of conductive copper sticker (or two, or three, as long as it's thick enough to push down the pogo pins), glue the shell back on and signal is perfect unless you cup your hands over the buds. I tested it for now by folding up the copper material on both sides and it works great. I'll do a cleaner job of it once I stop by my electronics shop.

All this nonsense for THIS?! I'm highly dissapointed they didn't even bother. Just proves that they do IEM design, outsource building of products and never bother repairing it themselves.

Oh and electrical tape might have saved them from frying their boards. They have live wiring inside the IEM. Sheesh...

Wow, Just wow.

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #23,855 of 24,683
I did the same and got a reply requesting my address and original color choice but since it has been such a long time I said send whatever they had available. So we will see what if anything is sent...I am crossing my fingers though!
Right? My thought was totally just send me SOMETHING, anything that constitutes getting something for the money I paid, even it's a damn brick.

You MUST give me some step-by-step instructions with how to open these up and fix the electronics: signal, wire insulation, whatever is needed to fix them properly, at least better than they've done. If I ever get a tracking number and have mine show up, this will be useful information to have fully laid out because I'm electronic hardware DIY inept :p. And by copper sticker, do you mean something like this?

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #23,856 of 24,683
You can use a razor blade to open them. Opened mine and found one of the spring loaded pins just laying there. I have the equipment to solder it back on but not sure I have the eyesight to do it anymore.

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #23,857 of 24,683
You can use a razor blade to open them. Opened mine and found one of the spring loaded pins just laying there. I have the equipment to solder it back on but not sure I have the eyesight to do it anymore.

Razor blade or thin pry tool. Just jam it in the crack on the top of the earbud (You'll see a little slit) and pry.

Once it's popped opened, the cheap adhesive they use will be dead. So you have to reglue it back. Don't think any soldering is required, to be honest.

@Midgetguy - Yes, copper foil with conductive adhesive, very important. I was gonna order a spindle from Amazon with two-sided tape to repair cell phones in order to glue it back. :)

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #23,858 of 24,683
So they've got themselves into this mess, struggling for something that could simply be fixed with a piece of foil?

Now that makes me think that anybody other than Bob had zero knowledge on audio engineering but only know outsourcing.. lol

I thought Air and Phantom 6/Master were the main reasons why they got screwed, but it seems like they weren't even trying to get things fixed. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #23,859 of 24,683
Razor blade or thin pry tool. Just jam it in the crack on the top of the earbud (You'll see a little slit) and pry.

Once it's popped opened, the cheap adhesive they use will be dead. So you have to reglue it back. Don't think any soldering is required, to be honest.

@Midgetguy - Yes, copper foil with conductive adhesive, very important. I was gonna order a spindle from Amazon with two-sided tape to repair cell phones in order to glue it back. :)
I'll look into it when I get mine, assuming I ever get mine. Done on both shells or just the right shell (which I believe is the master)?

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #23,862 of 24,683

Soldering is required when one of the pins is not adhered to the circuit board anymore.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #23,863 of 24,683
Soldering is required when one of the pins is not adhered to the circuit board anymore.

Ahh I did not understand that from your post! Sorry :frowning2: That sucks BAD. Takes pretty steady hands for soldering something like that... Personally, I used to do soldering a lot before. I did some recently and realized how unsteady my hands are now

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #23,864 of 24,683
No offence members.. but jeez this situation is beyond logical.. one has to do a DIY and personally fix a flagged flaw without any come back from the seller (Manufacturer) The mind boggles.
TAE hasn't acted appropriately in nearly 2 years, none of us are expecting them to start now. So if we get anything at all and if it's broken, we've got better chances fixing it ourselves rather than going back to them. Yeah, the entire situation is a botched job, all we can do now is pick up what pieces we can to recoup what we can.

Yours definitely requires soldering since it's in worse shape. Seem's @Karendar only had to fix the contact issue. I'm hoping mine is the same as I think I have steady enough hands, but I don't have a precise enough soldering iron.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #23,865 of 24,683
No offence members.. but jeez this situation is beyond logical.. one has to do a DIY and personally fix a flagged flaw without any come back from the seller (Manufacturer) The mind boggles.

Anything sent back for repair to Trinity is at our own expense, this is a crowdfunding item and a lot of people who sent back items for repair are now in limbo and will probably never get their repairs back. The small number of people who did get some back had half repaired items.

Welcome to Trinity, where life is amazeballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back