TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #23,866 of 24,683
20180323_111034.jpg
20180323_111147.jpg
20180323_111213.jpg
No big deal since i have three sets of these and don't use any of them. Anyway I thouht I'd take one for the team and tear it down. Here's a few pics.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #23,867 of 24,683
Anything sent back for repair to Trinity is at our own expense, this is a crowdfunding item and a lot of people who sent back items for repair are now in limbo and will probably never get their repairs back. The small number of people who did get some back had half repaired items.

Welcome to Trinity, where life is amazeballs.
Yes I know the whole story and saga... by just looking at the innards and manufacturing detail people are flogging a dead horse. Time wasted is a time lost.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #23,868 of 24,683
Yes I know the whole story and saga... by just looking at the innards and manufacturing detail people are flogging a dead horse. Time wasted is a time lost.

No we're not, we're trying to REPAIR a failed product by a vendor to get SOME life out of them so we don't lose 90£. It's not flogging a dead horse if we can correct the design flaws.

**edit** FYI: I fixed mine. This is the whole point.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #23,869 of 24,683
No big deal since i have three sets of these and don't use any of them. Anyway I thouht I'd take one for the team and tear it down. Here's a few pics.

wow, you have three airs? were you a kickstarter backer? i'm super early bird backer #444 and am really fed up with them. i wrote kieran now two emails over the last week and have yet to hear from him. i've never received anything. are they just delivering to the uk? i'm located in germany.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #23,870 of 24,683
wow, you have three airs? were you a kickstarter backer? i'm super early bird backer #444 and am really fed up with them. i wrote kieran now two emails over the last week and have yet to hear from him. i've never received anything. are they just delivering to the uk? i'm located in germany.

They deliver pairs gold/white and orange/white from the UK... Just received mine which shipped last week

And I believe Harpo was one of the ones that was sampled for a trial run and got a v1 and a v2 pair...

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #23,874 of 24,683
Well my take is it is just branded Chi-Fi that they have : either failed to pay for... or been ripped off... or shafted by customs. But not explained to customers who have already paid for said items. Just a sad example of how to carry out a business

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #23,876 of 24,683
As Karendar said I was one of the first to receive them and discover the problems they had. Bob sent me another pair after the so called fixes but they still had several issues. Right before his departure he sent me another pair with more fixes but they all still act basically the same. They don't work and I'm not going to tear anymore apart. More than likely they'll just go in the trash.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #23,877 of 24,683
I'm far from an expert on electrical work, but is that uninsulated wiring? I feel like that could cause problems just by touching each other, not to mention that it's housed in a metal enclosure. If you don't want them anymore, I'll take 'em. Maybe I could salvage them like @Karendar which would at least make them somewhat functional. Or you'd have less trash and I'd have more :p

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #23,878 of 24,683
I'm far from an expert on electrical work, but is that uninsulated wiring? I feel like that could cause problems just by touching each other, not to mention that it's housed in a metal enclosure. If you don't want them anymore, I'll take 'em. Maybe I could salvage them like @Karendar which would at least make them somewhat functional. Or you'd have less trash and I'd have more :p
The wires have some kind of foil wrap. However, there are some exposed wires that go to the driver. The workmanship on these is terrible.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #23,879 of 24,683
The wires have some kind of foil wrap. However, there are some exposed wires that go to the driver. The workmanship on these is terrible.
Agreed. I know next to nothing about electrical design, but I see the wires from the battery to the first board and the main board to the driver and I don't like the look of that at all. If/when I take them apart and see that, I might try to wrap some electrical tape around it.

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #23,880 of 24,683

I agree from the pictures you sent. It explains why some of the buds just stopped charging. The wiring looks cheap AF and could cause a short pretty much anywhere. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just desolder the wiring and resolder better quality wiring... Or put silicon over the wiring at the very least to avoid any shorting.

This just goes to show... Don't accept the first delivered sample as your final sample and go into mass production :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back