TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 25, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #23,896 of 24,683
Sound familiar?
Capture+_2018-03-25-10-46-45.png
Capture+_2018-03-26-00-36-54.png

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #23,900 of 24,683
Forget your warranty. The Icarus III is a really warm, playful IEM with decent bass. Comfortable to some, not all. They're worth 70£ max...
@TimeSnow What he said.

I like mine and still use them on a regular basis. They were my everyday at work pair until I got the IMR R1s which now get the majority of my listen. I swap them back into rotation every so often (coincidentally used them this morning whilst walking to a meeting).

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #23,901 of 24,683
Ok. So What. I can't believe it was THAT easy to fix the phantom Airs.. crack open the shell, add an extra layer of conductive copper sticker (or two, or three, as long as it's thick enough to push down the pogo pins), glue the shell back on and signal is perfect unless you cup your hands over the buds. I tested it for now by folding up the copper material on both sides and it works great. I'll do a cleaner job of it once I stop by my electronics shop.

All this nonsense for THIS?! I'm highly dissapointed they didn't even bother. Just proves that they do IEM design, outsource building of products and never bother repairing it themselves.

Oh and electrical tape might have saved them from frying their boards. They have live wiring inside the IEM. Sheesh.

That is ridiculous.. So apparently they actually did have an OK solution for a truly wireless IEM and seem to be that it is not even highly complex design. Yet they were not able to produce them in decent numbers..

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #23,902 of 24,683
That is ridiculous.. So apparently they actually did have an OK solution for a truly wireless IEM and seem to be that it is not even highly complex design. Yet they were not able to produce them in decent numbers..

Sort of. The 2 sets of Air that I had in my possession both had poor battery life, connectivity was really bad - basically they were unusable. One set died completely just by sitting in the drawer for a few months.
My guess is that it was a half-baked product that should have never made it to production. If someone actually bothered to put the time and test it they should have experienced the connectivity issues right away, same goes for battery life.
The case is flimsy and the whole things just felt like an unfinished prototype.

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #23,903 of 24,683
Sounds like Bob is selling old overstock. Am I missing anything?
It's just a cheap marketing trick to get more sales. Creating a sense of urgency so the prospective buyer is more likely to pull the trigger. It's the same strategy they used with their TAE products.

Common words used to express urgency
LIMITED TIME
ONLY
TODAY
HURRY
ACT NOW
RUSH
LAST CHANCE
DEADLINE
FINAL CLOSE-OUT
GOING OUT-OF-BUSINESS
ONE DAY ONLY
NEVER AGAIN
CLEARANCE
DON’T DELAY
NOW OR NEVER
DON’T MISS OUT
OFFER EXPIRES
ONCE IN A LIFETIME
PROMPTNESS BONUS
PRICES GOING UP

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #23,904 of 24,683
It's just a cheap marketing trick to get more sales. Creating a sense of urgency so the prospective buyer is more likely to pull the trigger. It's the same strategy they used with their TAE products.

Common words used to express urgency
LIMITED TIME
ONLY
TODAY
HURRY
ACT NOW
RUSH
LAST CHANCE
DEADLINE
FINAL CLOSE-OUT
GOING OUT-OF-BUSINESS
ONE DAY ONLY
NEVER AGAIN
CLEARANCE
DON’T DELAY
NOW OR NEVER
DON’T MISS OUT
OFFER EXPIRES
ONCE IN A LIFETIME
PROMPTNESS BONUS
PRICES GOING UP

Right, point being? Trinity didn't invent that, nor did IMR (Bob)... It's just a flash sale of inventory to increase cashflow. :p I don't see why we should make a fuss about it. At the very least, it lets people grab the R1 (Which is an excellent IEM) at a more than affordable price and lets Bob get cash flow to pay off anything he has lingering.

That and Trinity strategies pretty much left with Bob, of course he'll replicate the strategy in his new venture...

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #23,905 of 24,683
Sort of. The 2 sets of Air that I had in my possession both had poor battery life, connectivity was really bad - basically they were unusable. One set died completely just by sitting in the drawer for a few months.
My guess is that it was a half-baked product that should have never made it to production. If someone actually bothered to put the time and test it they should have experienced the connectivity issues right away, same goes for battery life.
The case is flimsy and the whole things just felt like an unfinished prototype.

I agree with that. It IS a half baked product... But the antenna issue is an easy fix. The battery will be a whole other issue. I'll probably have to gut it open and solder a new cell onto it in the future. In the meantime, at least I'll get some usage out of the product I paid for. :p

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #23,906 of 24,683
Right, point being? Trinity didn't invent that, nor did IMR (Bob)... It's just a flash sale of inventory to increase cashflow. :p I don't see why we should make a fuss about it. At the very least, it lets people grab the R1 (Which is an excellent IEM) at a more than affordable price and lets Bob get cash flow to pay off anything he has lingering.

That and Trinity strategies pretty much left with Bob, of course he'll replicate the strategy in his new venture...
Well, you asked a question and I was trying to answer it. I don't know why you're using that tone with me. Are you back to being the Trinity/Bob defender again?

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #23,907 of 24,683
Well, you asked a question and I was trying to answer it. I don't know why you're using that tone with me. Are you back to being the Trinity/Bob defender again?

I didn't use any tone, I just don't get why it's of any importance. And why would I be back to defending any of this? Srsly. This thread is wearing everyone down.. :p We should all just quit while we still have a bit of sanity. :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #23,908 of 24,683
No big deal since i have three sets of these and don't use any of them. Anyway I thouht I'd take one for the team and tear it down. Here's a few pics.

@harpo1 - You still have the gutted Air? Can you take down any writings on the battery and measure it for me please? Trying to find high quality replacement cells.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #23,909 of 24,683
Ok. I received my PM6s. Hooray. I used the PM6s at the gym with my Bluewave Get. As @Karendar said, they excited my Tinnitus. Overly bright and almost harsh in the treble. They sounded pretty good but i want to say there was some sort of cloudiness with them. Not quite clear/clean. The timbre of the drums was a little odd.

When i got home i played with all the filters. I found the "Gold," Blue, Green and gun metal did not excite my Tinnitus. The "Gold" filters sounded the best and made these better than the default Blacks. I paired them with my AR 20. To be honest paired with this unit the PM6s sounded pretty damn good but also pretty damn boring. The "Golds" brought the mids closer as i felt the mids felt pretty recessed. Still, the timbre of drums sounded odd. Cymbals were good and that cloudiness was cleared up a bit but still something off. Maybe an overall veiling.

Not bad but to the for sale section, i think.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #23,910 of 24,683
Ok. I received my PM6s. Hooray. I used the PM6s at the gym with my Bluewave Get. As @Karendar said, they excited my Tinnitus. Overly bright and almost harsh in the treble. They sounded pretty good but i want to say there was some sort of cloudiness with them. Not quite clear/clean. The timbre of the drums was a little odd.

When i got home i played with all the filters. I found the "Gold," Blue, Green and gun metal did not excite my Tinnitus. The "Gold" filters sounded the best and made these better than the default Blacks. I paired them with my AR 20. To be honest paired with this unit the PM6s sounded pretty damn good but also pretty damn boring. The "Golds" brought the mids closer as i felt the mids felt pretty recessed. Still, the timbre of drums sounded odd. Cymbals were good and that cloudiness was cleared up a bit but still something off. Maybe an overall veiling.

Not bad but to the for sale section, i think.

Congrats for finally getting the P6. Seems like Air / Pantom 4,6 / Master all feel to be like prototypes.. I used to own P4 & tried P6/Hunter during exhibitions (and both of them either had balance issues or dead driver..) and they all sounded kinda unpolished, or unfinished.

TA probably wouldn't have sunk if they weren't so hasty about blasting out new products so often. They reached out to all kinds of things exceeding their ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back