TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 23, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #23,881 of 24,683
That's basic audio wiring guys and while not ideal for the battery connection I doubt these draw enough current to overload it, if they did then the wires would simply melt / fail.

It's enamel coated wire by the way, a real pain to solder as it's only the tiny inner cores in each strand that are conductive.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #23,882 of 24,683
I agree from the pictures you sent. It explains why some of the buds just stopped charging. The wiring looks cheap AF and could cause a short pretty much anywhere. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just desolder the wiring and resolder better quality wiring... Or put silicon over the wiring at the very least to avoid any shorting.

This just goes to show... Don't accept the first delivered sample as your final sample and go into mass production :p
Seems like they've worked for you just fine so far, so I'd say probably just put something over to prevent shorting rather than soldering in new wiring

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #23,883 of 24,683
I agree from the pictures you sent. It explains why some of the buds just stopped charging. The wiring looks cheap AF and could cause a short pretty much anywhere. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just desolder the wiring and resolder better quality wiring... Or put silicon over the wiring at the very least to avoid any shorting.

This just goes to show... Don't accept the first delivered sample as your final sample and go into mass production :p
You'll need a torx for the screw securing the board. Also the board is kind of glued down as well.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #23,884 of 24,683
Seems like they've worked for you just fine so far, so I'd say probably just put something over to prevent shorting rather than soldering in new wiring
That's basic audio wiring guys and while not ideal for the battery connection I doubt these draw enough current to overload it, if they did then the wires would simply melt / fail.

It's enamel coated wire by the way, a real pain to solder as it's only the tiny inner cores in each strand that are conductive.

That's what I expected. But then again, there have been multiple reports of the buds simply not charging anymore after a few uses, hence me being wary about the wiring shorting something out. It's either that or faulty batteries, so I want to ensure these work as long as I can get them to last. :p

Should I send an invoice to Trinity for the copper foil and sticky tape I bought? :D

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #23,885 of 24,683
As Karendar said I was one of the first to receive them and discover the problems they had. Bob sent me another pair after the so called fixes but they still had several issues. Right before his departure he sent me another pair with more fixes but they all still act basically the same. They don't work and I'm not going to tear anymore apart. More than likely they'll just go in the trash.

I’ll gladly pay shipping if you want to throw away a pair in my direction. :beerchug:

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #23,886 of 24,683
As Karendar said I was one of the first to receive them and discover the problems they had. Bob sent me another pair after the so called fixes but they still had several issues. Right before his departure he sent me another pair with more fixes but they all still act basically the same. They don't work and I'm not going to tear anymore apart. More than likely they'll just go in the trash.

I imagine Bob didn't tell you what those fixes were? :p

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #23,888 of 24,683
I received tracking for my PM6s. I'm more curious to see how they sound. I read @Karendar review. I too have Tinnitus. Will be interesting to see how my ears fair vs his. If these are remotely decent maybe they will become my gym phones or i'll just sell them in anticipation for the AdvSound M5s.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #23,889 of 24,683
I received tracking for my PM6s. I'm more curious to see how they sound. I read @Karendar review. I too have Tinnitus. Will be interesting to see how my ears fair vs his. If these are remotely decent maybe they will become my gym phones or i'll just sell them in anticipation for the AdvSound M5s.

They sound great... :) Hope they don't trigger your tinnitus.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #23,890 of 24,683
@Karendar
I'm thinking you could start your own 'Air Repair Inc.' service.
Make some $$$ on the side and bring some joy to the Head-Fi community in the process :D

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #23,893 of 24,683
I hate to ask... but... I have someone willing to sell me a pair of Icarus IIIs for cheap... a friend that bought them in the UK somewhere I think and then decided he can't do IEMs.... I can't REALLY read 1600 pages to figure out what the heck the story with all of this is... nor can I really find any reviews of them.

Can anyone provide me a TL;DR version of what the story is and what these things sound like? Alternately, I'd take a link to any sort of explanation (that's not 1600 pages long) and/or a review.

Thank you.

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #23,894 of 24,683
I hate to ask... but... I have someone willing to sell me a pair of Icarus IIIs for cheap... a friend that bought them in the UK somewhere I think and then decided he can't do IEMs.... I can't REALLY read 1600 pages to figure out what the heck the story with all of this is... nor can I really find any reviews of them.

Can anyone provide me a TL;DR version of what the story is and what these things sound like? Alternately, I'd take a link to any sort of explanation (that's not 1600 pages long) and/or a review.

Thank you.

Forget your warranty. The Icarus III is a really warm, playful IEM with decent bass. Comfortable to some, not all. They're worth 70£ max...

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #23,895 of 24,683
Forget your warranty. The Icarus III is a really warm, playful IEM with decent bass. Comfortable to some, not all. They're worth 70£ max...
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back