TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Feb 21, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #23,566 of 24,683
Head-Fi has already done whatever consequence-dealing it's going to do: TAE is not a listed sponsor anymore and IMR Acoustics hasn't been added to the list. Whether it's Bob or not, I don't care much about, I wasn't going to purchase from them simply because I have no need of the product.

Since when is buying audio gear a "NEED"? :D haha

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #23,570 of 24,683
Darn, I am never going to see the Icarus II (but hey, I am not alone :p )
You, me (well, not Icarus II, but Icarus I and Airs), like 20 others in this thread, and the countless others that lurk and don't post, but are also quietly in the same boat. It was once so promising, now only a depressingly angry reminder.

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #23,571 of 24,683
I'd agree it would be good for Head-Fi to have something for companies equivalent to their list of scam/untrustworthy people that they do for the classifieds section. It would be hard to maintain the same way that scam/untrustworthy classifieds list is, but it's better than nothing, right? TAE could've easily made that list if it existed. May not have been enough to help those early adopters, but there's a fair number of others that joined it later who wouldn't have had to deal with this headache. I just rewatched the movie Accepted recently and a line from near the end of the movie comes to mind: "[we] do not reject innovation, but it must be watched. Carefully."

Perhaps I'm reading your comment incorrectly, but your post reads more like a personal attack, which is even less helpful than my own post. The way your post reads, it implies my personal opinion of the situation is of no value. In the forums and any discussion in general, personal attacks are of even lower value than relatively weightless personal opinion. My point being that regardless of this information, I would not have made purchases from them anyway. At no point did I say the information was useless. I agree with you in that this info has tremendous value, if only for others to see it along their research so as to sway them away from purchasing the products if they deem the risks to be too great.

We can't make others not buy from them; that's their decision and their decision alone. But we can be damn sure to warn them of the risks knowing what we know.
No. Not your opinion, but your lack of need for their product doesn't make this thread unnecessary or useless. I feel ripped off and the more knowledgeable ( than I ) members here have given me good information and it's even a bit cathartic. And I do need their gear, because I payed for it already. Not trying to start shhhhtuff. But it seems I did. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #23,572 of 24,683
Welcome back bud, you didn't miss anything. You're can always come back at the other thread where stuff actually happens.
Cheers dude, I will pop in on the iem lounge say hi to all, just not been on and sitting back with what I got and enjoying the music more, although I am considering buying cayin n5ii now lol.
Shame all this is still in uproar.

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #23,573 of 24,683
No. Not your opinion, but your lack of need for their product doesn't make this thread unnecessary or useless. I feel ripped off and the more knowledgeable ( than I ) members here have given me good information and it's even a bit cathartic. And I do need their gear, because I payed for it already. Not trying to start shhhhtuff. But it seems I did. Sorry about that.

i understand where you come from. But TAE did deliver delay or not, in the first year - often great products...totally legit stuff. I can't say for everyone but that's what got me hooked and totally blinded. so don't be too be too harsh on yourself man.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #23,575 of 24,683
The thread is FAR from useless and unnecessary and that's my bad if the post is interpreted that way. Like I said, the information is good; it's stuff people should know. The first 800 pages of the thread is very different from the last 800 pages of the thread for a reason. My post is meant to explicitly note for those who aren't in the know that Head-Fi no longer has TAE as a sponsor (important fact since this thread resides in the sponsor section), nor do they have IMR Acoustics as a sponsor. Whether they're related or not is still all allegations, even if relatively sound allegations given our knowledge.

Also, when I was talking about needing their product, I was referencing IMR Acoustics, not TAE. Haven't bought anything from IMR, don't intend to. But regarding TAE, yup, same crappy boat you and everyone else here (minus @Tommy C, smart person :p) is in.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #23,576 of 24,683
The thread is FAR from useless and unnecessary and that's my bad if the post is interpreted that way. Like I said, the information is good; it's stuff people should know. The first 800 pages of the thread is very different from the last 800 pages of the thread for a reason. My post is meant to explicitly note for those who aren't in the know that Head-Fi no longer has TAE as a sponsor (important fact since this thread resides in the sponsor section), nor do they have IMR Acoustics as a sponsor. Whether they're related or not is still all allegations, even if relatively sound allegations given our knowledge.

Also, when I was talking about needing their product, I was referencing IMR Acoustics, not TAE. Haven't bought anything from IMR, don't intend to. But regarding TAE, yup, same crappy boat you and everyone else here (minus @Tommy C, smart person :p) is in.
Cool. Sorry I if started anything.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #23,578 of 24,683
For some of us here, and to some extent, I feel even for the audio market, a bit shame that the Icarus II DAP seems (or looks certain) to be lost, never to see the light of the day. There is theoretical possibility (a vague one, judging from all info) that I might be wrong (wishful thinking, I guess)...
I am not fan of the trend with the large (relatively) screens of the DAPs looking like smartphones, I need something small, portable, capable, looking reminiscent of the Iriver IFP series, but with many modern features, file type handling and SQ, expandable memory... Icarus II looked to have had fit the bill perfectly...

The more I look at the whole ordeal, the stranger it seems, from some distance. I got relatively cheaply off, in economic terms; my only loss is the Icarus II. Poor people with more expensive IEM models who never (thus far) received them.
I don't know what more is to be said about this whole "affair"; I would agree that it is rather depressing....

Feb 21, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #23,580 of 24,683
There are many chinese daps that would fit the bill as an Icarus II, I've actually bought a few (and received then). Icarus IV again I have bought quite a few Chinese iems of varying prices and Shenzen electronics will make anything to your spec in any number. How can you fail......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back