TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 28, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #20,432 of 24,683
Wonder if Trinity designed 2 wonderful IEMs ( 6 & Hunter) that can't be mass produced? This happens often. Hand built protype is worked on for months. Then they find out it can't be mass produced. Sumiko's The Arm was tone arm was like this. The part tolerances were so close between head shell and arm tube that one had to be cooled while other was heated then coupled together. No glue or anything. Only one of their master craftsman could build them. None of the others were able to do it. He finally retired and it was over. Schiit ran into this with their Vidar amp. Had to be redesigned for manufacturing on an assembly line.

hmm this is an interesting perspective. I bet there is something to this. Doesn't have to be an absolute inability to mass produce something, but maybe there are design elements that increase the cost of production significantly. In this case, the only variable that can be changed is to go after difference sources / manufacturers, etc.

Could also explain the silence. Imagine the embarrassment of basically admitting they don't actually know what they are doing, in regards to making iems.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #20,433 of 24,683
Just asked a question on Amazon UK for the hunter to see if this guy actually has stock or not.
Should get mine by 2018, "guaranteed". :p

Actually, to be safe, let's say 2021 -- absolutely guaranteed.

Kidding aside, man I hope you get resolution quickly.

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #20,434 of 24,683
A pleasant surprise... *crosses fingers*. Only problem is they'll get to my house while i'm on vacation. Or, will it? :)

TpMiHP2.png

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #20,435 of 24,683
A pleasant surprise... *crosses fingers*. Only problem is they'll get to my house while i'm on vacation. Or, will it? :)

TpMiHP2.png
Awww man, why did you have to go and blur out the last digits on the tracking number?? One of us could've come over to pick them up for you to confirm that they actually got delivered :grin:

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #20,438 of 24,683
@Karendar I never said anything about the thread damaging stuff and your are correct all damage could be directly attributed to Trinity for lack of timely and honest communications. As far as the PM6 and Hunters (may have been the same machinist on the AD's) I can't help but think production on those two alone had totally turned Trinity upside down. Of course I'm speculating again. I also think many and maybe even myself have not posted what I've been told directly by Bob because as we know big brother could be watching and since this is their place one tends to refrain:open_mouth: Just know I can't truly judge when all the cards are not laid out on the table:thinking:
What are you talking about? Are you saying Bob is big brother and you don't want to say anything? Enlightened us all as to whats really going on.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #20,439 of 24,683
My Icarus III have left Alabama this morning. I should see them Monday.

What?! I just asked for a refund through PayPal for the ICARUS 3!

By the way, hi allI've been lurking in the forum for a few months now I meant to join a lot earlier but, haven't had the time.

Also, has anyone had any problems with the Vyrus 2 in terms of malfunctioning drivers? Or is the only problem the shell falling off? I have thought about getting one since Amazon says I can get it by Monday. I taking a trip on Thursday and wanted to take a pair of iems before I left.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #20,440 of 24,683

I asked for a refund earlier today as well, only to find out they shipped 4 hours before I made the request. Great timing, lol. All I wanted was my IEMs, so unless they suck, I'll be happy to have them over the refund.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #20,441 of 24,683

By the way, hi allI've been lurking in the forum for a few months now I meant to join a lot earlier but, haven't had the time.

Also, has anyone had any problems with the Vyrus 2 in terms of malfunctioning drivers? Or is the only problem the shell falling off? I have thought about getting one since Amazon says I can get it by Monday. I taking a trip on Thursday and wanted to take a pair of iems before I left.
My shell split open and I have still so far been too lazy to glue it back together. I'll get around to it at some point. But the driver itself is still functioning.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #20,442 of 24,683

I went through paypal for a refund on the Icarus III yesterday and Trinity responded, item is processing in the U.S for shipping. I messaged back please cancel do not ship and Trinity did not respond, so I bumped it up to a claim. I assume they will ship it anyway to avoid the cancelation. Though I have not been giving a tracking #. Also of note, Trinity responded to paypal with in 5 minutes of my request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back