TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #20,416 of 24,683
It doesn't have to necessarily be different technology. Schiit got into trouble because the output transistors were too close to other things. For mass production one needs a torque driver too make sure the transistors are bolted to the heat sinks properly for correct heat dissipation. No one made a right angle torque tool thin enough to fit in the space. Iirc Jason built the prototype in a different order. Once proper assembly line order was considered the problem appeared. Building precision stuff ain't always easy.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #20,417 of 24,683
It doesn't have to necessarily be different technology. Schiit got into trouble because the output transistors were too close to other things. For mass production one needs a torque driver too make sure the transistors are bolted to the heat sinks properly for correct heat dissipation. No one made a right angle torque tool thin enough to fit in the space. Iirc Jason built the prototype in a different order. Once proper assembly line order was considered the problem appeared. Building precision stuff ain't always easy.

But the PM6's are so BIG!!! No precision there. :wink: haha. You make good points. I just have trouble giving Trinity a chance right now. :p

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #20,418 of 24,683
That might be the case with the Hunter because of the titanium casing and heat treatment, but I don't see how the PM6 would fall into this category... They use the same zinc alloy as the rest of their IEM's that are mass produced (Masters + Icarus), they use the same drivers but in a different configuration... Unless there's something in the formula I'm missing.

Does the PM-6 have more drivers than all the others, so harder to make?

Seemed a bit odd how various Trinity IEMs have appeared in other places, but I haven't seen the 6 (I mean, i see a variety of Trinity stuff for sale on Amazon UK at the mo, including the Hunter and Icarus 3, but no 6 anywhere)

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #20,419 of 24,683

Seemed a bit odd how various Trinity IEMs have appeared in other places, but I haven't seen the 6 (I mean, i see a variety of Trinity stuff for sale on Amazon UK at the mo, including the Hunter and Icarus 3, but no 6 anywhere)

Possibly. But again, we're all assuming things we might never fully confirm.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #20,420 of 24,683

Lol, I have just checked your right! Phantom hunter for sale and they couldn't send mine ...im done with them glad I bailed

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #20,421 of 24,683
Some people did speak directly to Bob over the phone and might have gotten more information. Problem is, these people have never actually told us detailed information of their discussions, so it's hard to say what's going on indeed.

As for this thread doing Trinity harm, sorry... This thread is a result of Trinity doing harm to their customers: i.e.: Deceitful comments, half truths, late delivery (WE'RE 6 MONTHS LATE ON DELIVERIES), discontinued products that were replaced with another product, preorders stacked over other preorders, newer items released to everyone BEFORE old ones are completed delivery, Failed QC on items that apparently had had extensive QC done on them, Vaporware (Phantom Air, fitting), etc.

So yeah, Trinity could just close down this thread... But another would start. Trinity messed up their rep with the Phantom line... They've been trying to do damage control forever and just gave up on that idea. They're focusing on delivering products, but for some odd reason that NOONE understands, they just can't do it for the PM6 and hunters.....

Fully agree with everything you have said man. Just one small correction; the original delivery date of the PM6 was the second half of September 2016. They are TEN months behind on delivery and over a year behind since date of order for many people.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #20,427 of 24,683
Literally a day after recieving an email from Kieran got a shipping update and a tracking number on my order (UK).
Looks like I'll be getting the A̶t̶l̶a̶s̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ Icarus 3 real soon TM.

Should get mine by 2018, "guaranteed". :p

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #20,428 of 24,683

Just asked a question on Amazon UK for the hunter to see if this guy actually has stock or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back