TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #20,401 of 24,683
...I have to feel for Trinity to pull out of Head-Fi there must be far more to it than meets the eye or text in any of these threads...

Actually, is it not pretty straightforward?... Googling any of their recent products brings up this thread as the second entry (preceded only by the company website) - & it's a thread that's essentially been a negative, baying mob for months. Some would say for good reason - I'm not commenting on that - but from Trinity's perspective, why would they want new customers exposed to that? At this point I'd imagine their status as a Head-fi sponsor is doing more damage than good & the simplest solution is to just shut down the thread & pull out. Easy.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #20,402 of 24,683
.... that's why it's weird that you want to discredit others speculation with your own.

I hear you Oops but at least as the leader of the blind leading the blind I have discredited myself equally, speculation was a lot better term than assuming because you know what that can do:wink: Like I said I would probably be just as pissed as so many others had I jumped on the AD, PM6 and Hunter wagon trains but I was a little hesitant to do so because deep in my heart I already felt Bob/Trinity were over reaching and that was before the production bottom fell out. By the way I accept being Weird, after all I am from Austin Texas:beerchug:

@theUKMrT I'm also thinking there could be some kind of legal ramifications determining things as well but once again that may just be speculation!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #20,403 of 24,683
At this point I'd imagine their status as a Head-fi sponsor is doing more damage than good & the simplest solution is to just shut down the thread & pull out. Easy.

Easy??? Really???
That's classic "Kill the messenger" solution.
For sure it's much easier than fixing the mess.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #20,404 of 24,683
Hmm, I did not know we had a Trinity employee amongst us! Obviously you know Bob and that he put Jake in charge? IMO I don't really think many on this site know what is going on at Trinity and behind the scenes but I do know Head-Fi does not seem to be putting anything towards or out here with their interactions with Trinity:thinking: I have to feel for Trinity to pull out of Head-Fi there must be far more to it than meets the eye or text in any of these threads. No doubt the word SPECULATION has run rampant in these here parts:wink: I read someone's post about Bob may have nothing to do with running the company any longer? What if Trinity found a backer who agreed to back them as long as they start to control Trinity's business model! Once again this is speculation on my part but what I'm getting at does anyone out here in these post really know what's going on at Trinity? Just sayin':rolling_eyes:

Some people did speak directly to Bob over the phone and might have gotten more information. Problem is, these people have never actually told us detailed information of their discussions, so it's hard to say what's going on indeed.

As for this thread doing Trinity harm, sorry... This thread is a result of Trinity doing harm to their customers: i.e.: Deceitful comments, half truths, late delivery (WE'RE 10 MONTHS LATE ON DELIVERIES), discontinued products that were replaced with another product, preorders stacked over other preorders, newer items released to everyone BEFORE old ones are completed delivery, Failed QC on items that apparently had had extensive QC done on them, Vaporware (Phantom Air, fitting), etc.

So yeah, Trinity could just close down this thread... But another would start. Trinity messed up their rep with the Phantom line... They've been trying to do damage control forever and just gave up on that idea. They're focusing on delivering products, but for some odd reason that NOONE understands, they just can't do it for the PM6 and hunters.....

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #20,406 of 24,683
I just called my credit card company for information in case my refunds do not pan out. Here is the resulting discussion:

Considering I have been getting constant exchanges with Trinity always pushing back the date of delivery, the latest suggested delivery date they offered me is the date they are accountable for.
Starting from that accountable date, I have 75 days to contest the credit card charge with email evidence that I've escalated this to the vendor and requested a full refund.
They also recommend saying that this case will be escalated to your credit card company for charge back if they refuse to cooperate in order to get a resolution.
If that still doesn't work, my credit card company with gladly open a case to contest the charges on both transactions (PM6+Air/Hunter).

So if the Paypal route is over for you and becomes complicated to get any refund, explore the possibilities with your credit card company...

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #20,407 of 24,683
Some people did speak directly to Bob over the phone and might have gotten more information. Problem is, these people have never actually told us detailed information of their discussions, so it's hard to say what's going on indeed.

As for this thread doing Trinity harm, sorry... This thread is a result of Trinity doing harm to their customers: i.e.: Deceitful comments, half truths, late delivery (WE'RE 6 MONTHS LATE ON DELIVERIES), discontinued products that were replaced with another product, preorders stacked over other preorders, newer items released to everyone BEFORE old ones are completed delivery, Failed QC on items that apparently had had extensive QC done on them, Vaporware (Phantom Air, fitting), etc.

So yeah, Trinity could just close down this thread... But another would start. Trinity messed up their rep with the Phantom line... They've been trying to do damage control forever and just gave up on that idea. They're focusing on delivering products, but for some odd reason that NOONE understands, they just can't do it for the PM6 and hunters.....

@Karendar I never said anything about the thread damaging stuff and your are correct all damage could be directly attributed to Trinity for lack of timely and honest communications. As far as the PM6 and Hunters (may have been the same machinist on the AD's) I can't help but think production on those two alone had totally turned Trinity upside down. Of course I'm speculating again. I also think many and maybe even myself have not posted what I've been told directly by Bob because as we know big brother could be watching and since this is their place one tends to refrain:open_mouth: Just know I can't truly judge when all the cards are not laid out on the table:thinking:

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #20,408 of 24,683
@Karendar I never said anything about the thread damaging stuff and your are correct all damage could be directly attributed to Trinity for lack of timely and honest communications. As far as the PM6 and Hunters (may have been the same machinist on the AD's) I can't help but think production on those two alone had totally turned Trinity upside down. Of course I'm speculating again. I also think many and maybe even myself have not posted what I've been told directly by Bob because as we know big brother could be watching and since this is their place one tends to refrain:open_mouth: Just know I can't truly judge when all the cards are not laid out on the table:thinking:

Yeah, I know you didn't say that... It was @theUKMrT I just didn't tag his post. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #20,410 of 24,683
No biggie, I do seem to have a little more compassion than most driven by all the good Trinity iem's I've bought over the years as well as I'm not sitting on empty promises with hundreds of pounds on the line! They really have (or at least have not presented) a viable excuse for their current situation which is only IMO taking them farther down the rabbit hole but I still must come back to the point I don't know the whole story, sad really because everything was hunky dory until Atlas Delta:open_mouth:

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #20,411 of 24,683
No biggie, I do seem to have a little more compassion than most driven by all the good Trinity iem's I've bought over the years as well as I'm not sitting on empty promises with hundreds of pounds on the line! They really have (or at least have not presented) a viable excuse for their current situation which is only IMO taking them farther down the rabbit hole but I still must come back to the point I don't know the whole story, sad really because everything was hunky dory until Atlas Delta:open_mouth:

What'd be great is to know how many PM6/Hunters are still MIA... And a solid explanation as to why we keep getting the "Next week, guaranteed" nonsense.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #20,413 of 24,683
I suggest you skip jake and talk to Kieran, he seems to provide more correct answers.

I've been done with Jake for 2 weeks. Bob was the one helping me out, but he's MIA again.

**Edit** Just forwarded my case to Kieran explaining the situation... If I knew I'd waste this much time and energy on this, I never would have jumped onboard. :\ Maybe I should send a bill over to Trinity for invested time? :p

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #20,414 of 24,683
Wonder if Trinity designed 2 wonderful IEMs ( 6 & Hunter) that can't be mass produced? This happens often. Hand built protype is worked on for months. Then they find out it can't be mass produced. Sumiko's The Arm was tone arm was like this. The part tolerances were so close between head shell and arm tube that one had to be cooled while other was heated then coupled together. No glue or anything. Only one of their master craftsman could build them. None of the others were able to do it. He finally retired and it was over. Schiit ran into this with their Vidar amp. Had to be redesigned for manufacturing on an assembly line.

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #20,415 of 24,683
Wonder if Trinity designed 2 wonderful IEMs ( 6 & Hunter) that can't be mass produced? This happens often. Hand built protype is worked on for months. Then they find out it can't be mass produced. Sumiko's The Arm was tone arm was like this. The part tolerances were so close between head shell and arm tube that one had to be cooled while other was heated then coupled together. No glue or anything. Only one of their master craftsman could build them. None of the others were able to do it. He finally retired and it was over. Schiit ran into this with their Vidar amp. Had to be redesigned for manufacturing on an assembly line.

That might be the case with the Hunter because of the titanium casing and heat treatment, but I don't see how the PM6 would fall into this category... They use the same zinc alloy as the rest of their IEM's that are mass produced (Masters + Icarus), they use the same drivers but in a different configuration... Unless there's something in the formula I'm missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back