Tried Putting Beyer 880 Pads on My New Denon D2000s ... LOVE IT!!!!!
Apr 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

I like the Gels over the J-money pads I had on these. I moded my old stock pleather pads with foam and a top of a plastic cup to simulate a Lawton pad and noticed a big improvement in sound stage, but lost some bass impact. With the gels I have monsterous impact and a sound stage that  rivals my T50rps.

Considering the price difference i'm going to buy the gel pads, also goint to try put them on the AKG K242HD and see what happens :p

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #32 of 53
You really have nothing to loose with a pad swap. Except a few buck or so. You don't like it then put the original back on. Post back with your experience with the AKG's. 

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #33 of 53
Quote:
You really have nothing to loose with a pad swap. Except a few buck or so. You don't like it then put the original back on. Post back with your experience with the AKG's. 

I do want to get the gel pads, and $40 is fine, but that shops shipping cost is alot more then that, and its just out of my budget. Unless... ill call in a favour and see if i can get sum1 to ship them to me and how much cheaper that will be. 

I even tried contacting the local distributor but no response.

Also I was reading that the Gel pads are sweatier?
Maybe I should just get LA pads.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #35 of 53
Quote:
stealin' mah thundah

Gel or velvet?

And Fearless1 can you give me the packaging dimensions / weight of the Beyer gels pads as you got them?
EDIT: also so would you say Gel pads soundstage is better then the LA pads?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #36 of 53

Quote:
Gel or velvet?

And Fearless1 can you give me the packaging dimensions / weight of the Beyer gels pads as you got them?

I'm also quite interested in this. Putting $100 pads on a $200 headphone seems illogical to me.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #37 of 53

Quote:
Gel or velvet?

I have not tried the LA pads, I used the J-money pads and modified the stock pads based on Markl's info. The gels crush the J-money pads and my modifed stock pads on soundstage and bass impact., The weight of the pads does make the D5ks a bit heavier, but they are light anyways. They are the same size as the stock pads as far as circumference, and about an inch thicker.

Quote:

I'm also quite interested in this. Putting $100 pads on a $200 headphone seems illogical to me.

I paid 90 bucks for my J-money pads and 27 for the gels and they are way better.

Let me just add that I hated the gel pads with my DT990's they improved the soundstage but muffled the high end to the point that I threw them in my unused equipment closet and considered throwing them away.......but they work well with my D5ks.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #39 of 53

Quote:
edit never mind! going to order the gel pads because the denon d2000 pads has been getting uncomfortable. The warmer weather with these headphones has been quite troublesome 

from what I read the gel pads can get sweatier?

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #40 of 53
Don't see how this could be anything beneficial to the Denon sound.

Having put the 990 pads on a 770, all it did was destroy the bass, and amplify the upper range. It was terrible.

Maybe 770 pads would impact the Denon sound less as they're made for closed headphones. Even if they aren't as comfy as the 880/990 pads, they'd still be an upgrade to the pleather, as long as sound wasn't impacted.

I'm wondering if Ultrasone Pro 900 pads would work? Or are they like the Q701 where they have a special locking mechanism? I tried the Q701 pads (not because I thought it'd sound good, but to see if it'd fit), and I was saddened by seeing that they aren't just slip on style like the Beyers.

Denons need velours designed for closed headphones.

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #41 of 53
Denons need velours designed for closed headphones.

Actually the akg k242hd velours will fit. But they are to shallow and don't help the sound. Putting the d2k pads on the akg is a different story, brings everything up, mids the most, but it emphasizes the mid bass too much. Gonna tinker with it and see what happens
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #42 of 53
Coq De Combat tried the Pro 900 pads, and said it elevated the treble, which I don't think Denons need more emphasized.

Looks like there's no velour pads that won't leave the sound alone... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back