Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,866 of 6,404
Quote:
I put some condoms on the mini usb port to avoid contamination by 1.21 firmware.

Should just used the patch :wink:.

On a more positive note really enjoying the 1Plus2 with gold cable on the Studio V using the Balanced Armature firmware. Was never a big fan of this firmware before but the pairing works really well :)

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #2,869 of 6,404
Quote:
Is it true that this iem is HD800 of the iem world?

Could be.... and the TG!334 is the LCD2 of the IEM world. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #2,872 of 6,404
Ok guys....
Maybe we stick to UIEM for easier comparison... 
biggrin.gif

Never heard of Stax though, so can't comment on their sound

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #2,873 of 6,404
Comparison of 334 to SR007 I think is mainly with respect to how transparent the 334 sounds despite the warmth/bassy nature. Haven't spent extensive time with SR007 ever so I can't really know for sure. On the other hand, I myself also think of the 1plus2 as HD800 with its expansive soundstaging and neutral presentation.

Jun 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #2,875 of 6,404
gorgeous!Is 1 plus 2 better than JH13?

That's very subjective and difficult to answer unfortunately. Better in what way? Technical ability? Warmth? Highs? Bass? Even those are subjective too and can depend on a person's personal preferences.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,876 of 6,404
Quote:
gorgeous!Is 1 plus 2 better than JH13?

can you compare freshly baked bread and charcaol grilled prawns? both are food... wonder if this approach would be applied to food what we would be eating then? as much as i like prawns i would not consider them for my daily ration, while bread is something you eat almost daily.

that's said i never could care less if 1+2 or JH13 better, what i care is musicality and listen joy, if both sound great i could live happily with both.

also check high-end reviews, do you find many professional reviews which start telling you this bests that and that bests both that? except shootout reviews this is not common standard to base one's experience on the assumption who or what bests what :-D

i love 1+2 but i can happily listen to H200 with some warm acoustic material or to RDB+ V1 with small chamber and vocals. every of them has strong and weak points but none of them can beat 1+2 for dynamic and analogue like sound. for me 1+2 was like inserting high-end speakers into my ears, amazing how small earpieces can create air moving impact which only loudspeakers can emulate.

besides preferences are all subjective. sonics are important as is fit issue, some people liked H200 sound but could not find comfortable seal with them. on the other hand Klipsch x10 is perhaps the most comfortable IEM but i would not choose it for sonics. there are many trade offs you need to consider when choosing gear.

in my case i am casual listener using IEMs while taking some rest or using computer, i do not listen while excercising or walking, so for me seal and comfort are less damanding ... but for people who use IEMs while being active the comfort and fit issue will outweight some minor sonic differences.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #2,877 of 6,404
I'd go easy on him. He just joined and that was actually his very first post and probably needs guidance more. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt first shall we?

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2,878 of 6,404
Quote:

can you compare freshly baked bread and charcaol grilled prawns? both are food... wonder if this approach would be applied to food what we would be eating then? as much as i like prawns i would not consider them for my daily ration, while bread is something you eat almost daily.

that's said i never could care less if 1+2 or JH13 better, what i care is musicality and listen joy, if both sound great i could live happily with both.

also check high-end reviews, do you find many professional reviews which start telling you this bests that and that bests both that? except shootout reviews this is not common standard to base one's experience on the assumption who or what bests what :-D

i love 1+2 but i can happily listen to H200 with some warm acoustic material or to RDB+ V1 with small chamber and vocals. every of them has strong and weak points but none of them can beat 1+2 for dynamic and analogue like sound. for me 1+2 was like inserting high-end speakers into my ears, amazing how small earpieces can create air moving impact which only loudspeakers can emulate.

I'm placing a bet that every one of your 1,129 posts have the terms "analogue like sound", that or every post that has "1+2" and "analogue like sound" in the same post 
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,879 of 6,404
Quote:
That's very subjective and difficult to answer unfortunately. Better in what way? Technical ability? Warmth? Highs? Bass? Even those are subjective too and can depend on a person's personal preferences.

Technical ability? Warmth? Highs? Bass?
Yes,                    no,       maybe?,  yes. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back